Units You Just Take Anyway - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 07:59 AM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

I've done an entire Battle Company in drop pods before while playing a massive planetstrike / apocalypse megabattle. It was really cool dropping 11 pods in two turns, but then the units were somewhat stranded the rest of the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 08:43 AM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

would have to say my ork wierdboy i love to use him for his randomness. i think he goes in here because he soaks up a HQ slot and needs the warphead upgrade which takes his points up a fair bit. so every now and then i don't give him the upgrade just for the fact his head might explode (which has only ever happenned twice much to my and my friends dissapointment), and also flash gitz just cause they look cool, these units i take when playing non competative fun games.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 11:18 AM

Hitman4444's Flag is: United Kingdom

the unit i'll always use is my rune priest on a bike, purely because the thought of a rune priest zooming around the battlefield on his bike throwing living lightning at anything he wants is just awesome

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 11:17 PM

Khazaddum's Flag is: Scotland

Chaos Spawn. Fits in with my mutating army perfectly. On the battlefield, well "dead ducks" spring to mind.

post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 11:45 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazaddum View Post
Chaos Spawn. Fits in with my mutating army perfectly. On the battlefield, well "dead ducks" spring to mind.
I'd rate the dead ducks since you can eat the duck. No one wants to eat a Chaos Spawn.
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-29-11, 02:40 AM

Durandal's Flag is: Cocos Islands

Definitely gotta be Draigo. I love the fluff for him, and find he has a lot of fun rules, even if he is pricey and doesnt really do a lot for the game. Between the model and the coolness that are paladins, I cant really justify not taking him.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-29-11, 05:47 AM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

I thought this was supposed to be about crappy choices that you take just because of the fluff, or the cool model, or whatever. Draigo is not a crappy choice, by any stretch.
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-29-11, 08:38 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman4444 View Post
the unit i'll always use is my rune priest on a bike, purely because the thought of a rune priest zooming around the battlefield on his bike throwing living lightning at anything he wants is just awesome
A friend of mine does this. However he has appaling luck with it since the bike crashes at any time it so much as touches terrain or fences.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-29-11, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
A friend of mine does this. However he has appaling luck with it since the bike crashes at any time it so much as touches terrain or fences.
Since you only take one wound from a failed DT test, this shouldn't be *too* disastrous. Also, ICs have "skilled rider" by default.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-29-11, 09:38 PM
CO 3rd Thoth ACR

Capt.Al'rahhem's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
with IG I refuse to use Valkyries/Vendettas/ or Vets.

I know, its supposed to be about what I should take, not what I don't take.

^This, except I use two fully meched platoons (one with Al'rahem, go figure ).

For me it's got to be my fully outfitted CCS with Comp. Standard, Medic & (master) Vox. People always tell me those points are better spent else where but I think that's the way a CCS should be outfitted, fluffily, and they're all converted models, which took time & effort to do. I hate how, in this ed. codex, most peoples CCS & PCS have just become glorified SWS.

I also almost always take, in friendly games, (counts as) Dozer Blades on all my LRs & Chimeras because they were all made with Rough Terrain Mods (double tracked) for last edition. It's also for fluff 'cause they're desert tanks, wider tracks = lower ground pressure. That another pet peeve of mine about this ed. codex, they coulda left it Rough Terrain Mods even if most people are to lazy to do anything other then stick a dozer blade on them. Now my lovingly converted Double Tracks "count as" Dozer Blades.

"Most wars are wars of contact, both forces striving into touch to avoid tactical surprise. Our's shall be a war of detachment. We are to contain the enemy by the silent threat of the vast, unknown desert...." T.E. Lawrence

Unrepentant Treadhead

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode