Tactica Articles Moderator Needed - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-10, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Tactica Articles Moderator Needed

Tactica Articles Moderator Needed

We're on the lookout for a mod to oversee and organise the tactica articles here on Heresy.

As part of my tactica articles revamp I need someone with a keen eye, good knowledge of various tactics and a lot of motivation.

The main tasks I have for this moderator are....
  1. Identify Missing Articles & Source Writers
  2. Find content on the forum that's worthy of its own article thread
  3. Add "Similar Articles" links to the bottom of current articles to assist readers.
  4. Moderate the comments
  5. Write Articles
  6. Validate and approve submitted tactical articles
If you think you have the skills let me know via PM.

Can I just add that this role requires a lot of fiddly work interlinking and finding stuff. It's very different to the usual mod position and only suitable for people able to handle data and work with BBCODE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-10, 04:23 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Is there going to be a time limit aswell?

For example, the upcoming mod should have been on Heresy for atleast a Year, or have the MoN award - to prove they're going to stick around.

I think a lot of people would feel weird about having a mod, who is essentially a 'new kid' like me.

Just a heads up - I'm not questioning your means of selection.

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-10, 05:26 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT View Post
For example, the upcoming mod should have been on Heresy for atleast a Year, or have the MoN award - to prove they're going to stick around.

I think a lot of people would feel weird about having a mod, who is essentially a 'new kid' like me.
I agree with this one... The member should be someone who has been around for some time, as it would feel weird to see a FNG that has been here for two months walk around shouting/posting "UNLIMITED POWER!!!

And no, I am not applying for this...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-10, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!

Not one of the mods walks around screaming "UNLIMITED POWER". If they do or conduct themselves against forum policies they get fucked off. Actually, the number of mods I've removed for various reasons is nearing double figures.

Also, time served isn't an issue. I select mods based on ability, personality and drive. I don't care if they've been here 2 months. Ancient was one of our better mods having been on the site for only 3 months.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-10, 06:38 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

And some people who've been here a while, like myself, aren't suitable for the position. Even if I could handle the BBCode. lol

I don't think many people would really have an issue with someone who has served less time being a Mod, I certainly wouldn't.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-10, 09:11 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Just saying, generally, if you've been here longer, you get more respect naturally, hence people like Stella and KD are so widely respected even before looking at them as individuals.

Fact is people judge based on time here and reputation, before getting to know them.

That's just where I'm coming from, but if you're happy, I don't doubt your selection, just passing an idea.

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-10, 10:03 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

If what you say is worth while, it really doesn't matter how long you have been here. Lol

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 06:55 PM

Culler's Flag is: USA

I'd be fine with it being a relative newcomer as long as they did a good job. If they've got at least 50 posts under their belt then there is enough data available to assess what kind of poster they are. Long-time members would be great as mods, but typically for one reason or another they aren't able or willing.

For instance, I'd love to do it but lack the technical qualifications.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-10, 01:45 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culler View Post
I'd be fine with it being a relative newcomer as long as they did a good job. If they've got at least 50 posts under their belt then there is enough data available to assess what kind of poster they are. Long-time members would be great as mods, but typically for one reason or another they aren't able or willing.

For instance, I'd love to do it but lack the technical qualifications.
This. There are plenty of people I`ve seen on the forum who have the right attitude and would be great mods as far as I`m concerned, new and old.

Would it be better to look in that forum itself and take note of which members are there frequently, and make a couple of calls?

What holds me back is not just technical qualification (the what code now?) but also lack of interest. I think I`ve posted a couple of tactica, but I`m not there enough to do a mod`s job and I frankly wouldn`t have the motivation to do it. If it was 40k Fluff or Roleplay Threads I`d consider, but those sections are pretty well looked after already.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-11, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!

I'm very pleased to welcome Bishop5 to the Heresy Online staff as our new Tactica Articles Moderator.

He'll be in charge of interlinking current articles with similar threads and finding potential articles within the regular tactics forum to post over to the tacticas section. He's also going to see where we're missing advice and run up a list of potential articles for our members to have a go at writing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode