Heresy-Online Presents - Forumhammer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Heresy-Online Presents - Forumhammer

Welcome to Heresy-Online Forumhammer! This system allows you play Warhammer Fantasy on this very forum, without models or a tabletop, all you need is the rulebooks and a little patience. If you have heard of postal chess it uses the same principle, with each player posting their decisions, moves and rolls in turn. The game uses the standard Warhammer Fantasy rules and progresses as a normal game, but of course it tends to take longer due to the nature of posting on the net rather than playing in person.

So what is good about Forumhammer? Ever felt like you want to get an extra game in but not had the space, time or opponent to make it happen? Well this is where Forumhammer comes in! The game requires only the Armybook, Rulebook and access to a computer so there is no need to annoy your mum/partner by taking over the dining table. Players can spend as little (or as much) time a day as they like, even 15 minutes a day is enough to play through your shooting phase, etc. Best yet, you don't have to worry about finding an opponent with the same schedule as you, you and your opponent can play without ever being online at the same time, you don't even have to be on the same continent!

Players use a scaled map to represent the tabletop, scaled icons for models and a internet-based dice roller to make their rolls. The game plays like an indepth battle report, with models moving and fighting across the map just as they would on the table. Other than a basic grasp of computers and the rules of Warhammer Fantasy, all you will need is a little free space on your computer and a suitable graphics programme.

Interested? Then go take a look at the new Forumhammer sub-forum and see what it is all about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 04:04 PM

Bloodhound's Flag is: Australia

Location: On a mountain arguing with a yeti about whether or not I can use their computer.

This is actually a fair good idea. It'll be confusing, I know but It's good. Since there's no WHFB version of Vassal out yet.

Add me on Xbox Live. Make sure you leave a message saying you're from Heresy though.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 06:34 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Very interested to see how this plays out. Definitely cant wait to see it get started up!

Chaosftw

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 06:42 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

i love the idea.if i wernt so much of a lazy bugger and did not have exams coming up, i would use it.
maybe after my exams.*sighs*

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 07:54 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Totally sweet! I can't wait to try out some VC stuff I've been working on.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-09, 08:03 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Keep your eye on the game myself and squeek have started. My first movement should be up soon - really quite easy to do it all too. My problem is a lack of rules knowledge!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 08:47 AM

Thanatos's Flag is: Australia

this is a really great idea, gotta say ive never seen anything like this b4... cant w8 to hav a game
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 05:49 PM

Pssyche's Flag is: England

Alright, I give in. I don't play WHFB, so how long do I have to wait for a 40K equivalent?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well for 40k there is Vassal40k, for which we already have our own forum - Vassal40k. I personally don't intend to put together a 40k version as I would assume most people will prefer to use Vassal. If there is interest I suppose we could adapt a 40k version, or any other game version for that matter. The main differences are the model and rule icon templates and playing areas for some of the games.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 09:04 PM

Steel Nathan's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek View Post
Well for 40k there is Vassal40k, for which we already have our own forum - Vassal40k. I personally don't intend to put together a 40k version as I would assume most people will prefer to use Vassal. If there is interest I suppose we could adapt a 40k version, or any other game version for that matter. The main differences are the model and rule icon templates and playing areas for some of the games.
Heh, the only thing is that when Vassal launches the Fantasy Module, then I'd say that the forumhammer is toast, but we won't have to worry about that for a while.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode