Support Drive 2009 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Default Support Drive 2009

Those of you who've been around for a while may remember it was about this time last year when we came to you on bended knee, begging for your loose change, trying desperately to get some of you to become supporters and pay for our shiny new server...on account of us being evicted from our old one for sucking up too much bandwidth.

You guys came through then and in a big way. Within weeks we'd raised enough money to pay for our new server and a couple months of fees as well. Without your support then I'm sure we'd never have been able to come to you today...and beg you for more money.

Turns out we got big, and fast!
In the last year site traffic has quadrupled, from 20,000 unique browsers a month to more than 80,000! Our membership has exploded, from a few thousand last year to more than 14,000 now. Literally, we've gained about 10,000 members in a year. Hundreds of registrations each and every week!

We've got some exciting new features coming up too, like Adoptable daemons (incidentally, supporters are beta testing it as we speak!) and a proper wargaming clubs registry, a new awards system, maybe even finally updating the boards software sometime soon, if possible. Unfortunately, new features (especially something as advanced and unique as adoptable daemons) aren't always free.

Between paying off the artists and coders, covering the ever-increasing monthly bandwidth bills, and problems with our advertising system, Jez has been stretched to the max. Not many people know this, but he's been selling off his miniatures lately to cover bills while he makes arrangements for a new job.

So we come to you again to ask for your help to keep Heresy not just running, but keep it booming. In just over two years we've eclipsed all but the very biggest and most-established 40k boards. By this time next year (when we come to beg for support again, I'm sure...it's not groveling if it's tradition ), who knows...it could just be us left on the top of the heap!

Get in on the action now and Become a Supporter! For less than a cup of coffee a month you can do your part to help keep Heresy alive and kicking arse. As before, anyone who beocmes a supporter also gets a huge dose of rep from Galahad as a special thank-you.

If you're already a supporter, but you want to help out even more, we'll gladly accept any donation you're willing to give. Any supporter who makes a generous donation above and beyond their normal dues will recieve a special award: The Tithe of The Faithful

That's right, we're literally handing out medals, guys!
So come on, let's all pitch a day's coffee allowance in the pot and see how much damage Heresy can do in the next year or so

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 01:36 PM

Gore Hunter's Flag is: England

ive chucked the last bit of my Paypal in (bout 30 quid i think) i didnt donate last time so i guess its due this time.

post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 02:08 PM

Cato Sicarius's Flag is: United Kingdom

I ain't got no credit card, PayPal account, or money for that matter. Sorry guys. I'd donate if I could though.

Last edited by Cato Sicarius; 03-15-09 at 02:11 PM.

post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 02:48 PM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

I'm in! And not last this time either.
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 03:09 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

For anyone stateside without a creditcard you can send me Money Orders and I will send your donation in by Paypal for the drive. I will ensure, as long as you provide me the proper information, that you get credit for the donation.
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 03:26 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

Not this week, but the next pay for sure. My classes are starting up soon and tuition is due! Be assured you'll get some extra dough!

post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 03:32 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

I've only been a member for 6 weeks or so, but this is by far the best GW based community site I've found - I've bunged a tenner in.

(and just realised that I used the seperate donate button, rather than subscribe - ach well ;) )

Last edited by EmbraCraig; 03-15-09 at 03:36 PM.
post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 03:33 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I just payed my yearly dues but next paycheck I will see if I can get at least a Jackson your way.
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 03:34 PM

Subscribed. Wish i could afford a longer sub but im just plain skint at the mo.
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraCraig View Post
I've only been a member for 6 weeks or so, but this is by far the best GW based community site I've found - I've bunged a tenner in.

(and just realised that I used the seperate donate button, rather than subscribe - ach well ;) )
I'll forward this to Jez. He should be able to check the records and give you a subscription

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode