Mick the Mercenary - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-09, 07:53 PM

JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

[table] Name | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv
Mick | 4 | 5 | 4 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 9 | 3+
[/table]

Wargear~ Micks Flamer. String of ears. Old Great coat. Verna.

Special rules~Independent Character
Micks Flamer-Micks flamer has the heavy flamer profile. Also once per battle Mick can light his cigar with the flamer, seeing Mick light his cigar with a flame thrower is so awesome and scary that all enemy units with in 12' must take a leadership at there slandered leadership value with no modifiers even if they are normally immune or are assumed to auto pass. Any unit that fails the test must immediately run away from Mick D6' and can not shoot at him during there next shooting phase.

String of ears-Mick takes the left ear from every note worthy victim he has ever slain. In close combat if the enemy unit fails combat there leader ship is at an additional -2. If they fail the moral check they are immediately run down as they are to scared of Micks string of ears to flee.

Old Great coat-Mick never leaves home with out his great coat, over the years he has added pockets and countless medals from combat. The great coat gives Mick defensive and offensive grenades and gives him a 3+ armor save. The countless medals are good at blocking the shots!

Verna-Mick loves his favorite gun Verna, it has saves his life more times then he can count and he would never let any one els touch it. Mick even got special bullets that are made for tearing though heavy armor and tanks, just in case some one tried to stiff him out of a paycheck! Verna has the following profile S-4 AP-3 Assault-5 Rending.

I gave hi ma bit more S/T then the OP just because he is supposed to be a great fighter, and over the years he has grown stronger from all the combats he was in. Also, what good is a Special character if he can't at least hold his own in combat for a few rounds? :p

Eyes with out life.
Maggot ridden corpses.
Mountains of skulls.
These are some of my favorite things.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-09, 08:18 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Mick the Merc
Points - 85pts

Mick | 3 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 3 | 2 | 8 | 5+
[/table]

Equipment - Hotshot Lasgun, Offensive and Defensive Grenades, Two Close Combat Weapons, Meltabombs.

Mercenary: Mick fights for money. It's all he ever cares about. Frag the Emperor, Money is worth commiting Heresy. Piety ain't all it cracked up to be, Honour gains nothing. Nah... A quick trigger finger and a Fast eye is all you need.

At the start of each turn, before the start of the movement phase, Roll a Ld test. If he fails, the player who owned him last turn passes control over to his opponent. If passed, the previous owner has control over him. At the start of the game, the player who purchased Mick the Merc always has control over him for the first turn.

Campaign Veteran: Mick is a well known fighter, and many other thugs and hard-nut gangers prove their worth by joining with him. They fight for any one, and against anyone. But they come at a price too.

Mick may take a Retinue of between 4 and 9 Hardened Veterans. Each Hardened Veteran is armed with a Hellgun/Hellpistol and Close Combat Weapon instead of their normal options, and they may not take any unit options. Being the deep down, low-life, murderers they are, if they assault from Cover, then they may choose forgoe their additional attack to have Rending. The unit is subject to both Die Hard and Mercenary Rules.

Die Hard - Exactly as the Doctrine for the Imperial Guard.

Hotshot Rifle - Can be fired in one of two modes.

Mode 1 - Range 18", Str 3, AP 3, Assault 2
Mode 2 - Range 36", Str Poisoned, AP 1, Heavy 1, Rending (Wounds on a 4+, Counts as Str 3 against Targets with an Armour Value).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 03-09-09 at 10:43 PM.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-09, 08:58 PM

Salvage ahoy!! - whenever Mick kills an infantry or jump infantry in close combat he may choose to take their weapon as loot. When this is done he may choose which weapon he has to fire with, he can only hold a maximum of 4 other weapons over his original weapons.

Whenver Mick is played the outcome of any game that uses killpoints will be determined by victory points. every weapon he takes will add an extra 20 victory points to the owning player. if he takes no weapons take away 30 points from the owning player( mick needs to get paid!)

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-09, 10:32 PM

Trevor Drake's Flag is: USA

Mick the Mercinary | 4 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 8 | 5+/5++
[/table]

101 pts

Equipment:

Executioner Pistol
Shivs

Special Rules:

Eyes of the Beast
Convict of Renown
From the Shadows

Equipment Rules:

Executioner Pistol: This pistol is rumoured to have belonged to the infamous Warden Richards, Overseer of Theliquion Penal Colony. The pistol itself appears to be a bulky version of a hellpistol, but it is rumoured that blasts from this particular weapon can puncture even the heaviest of flesh and light armour.

Profile: Range 12", S 6, AP 4, Rapid Fire/Overheat

Overheat - The heat generated by this weapon can cause it to jam. On any roll of a 1, the power cell has overheated and needs to cool. Mick must pass a Ld check or risk dropping the weapon.

Shivs: During his multiple stints in the prison systems throughout the imperium, being shuffled from planet to planet, Mick has learned to master any for of mundane blade and make them his own. Shivs are treated as two close combat weapons (bonus already shown in profile), and in addition have the rending special rule.

Special Rules Information:

Eyes of the Beast: Mick has learned how to quickly adjust to darkness, and is even rumoured to have had his eyes shined to allow him to permanently see in the dark. Mick ignores Night Fighting Rules, and if in a unit, he can give up his ranged attack to allow his unit to fire normally.

Convict of Renown:
Mick has been marked for death, the substantial bounty for any commander who can captrue him and deliver him to a prison system, while other commanders value his assistance, and turn a blind eye so he can escape once more to continue helping those in need. At the beginning of the game, roll a d6. On a 1-3, the imperial commander grows greedy and captrues Mick. Remove him and any squad of Hive Gangers he is accompanied by. Removing Mick from the board grants your army one objective.

On a 4-6, the imperial commander has turned his eye for the hope of glory on the field of battle. Mick and any Hive Ganger unit accompanying him gain +1 Attack.

Strike From the Shadows:
When alone, Mick has been known to be a savage monster. He has the stealth and move through cover special rules. Also, Mick is always considered to be in terrain. He always has a cover save of 5+ in the open, and +1 in terrain.

Options:

Convicts: Mick is often considered a hero by his fellow convicts, and small bands tend to gravitate towards him. Mick can be accompanied by 0-10 Convicts with the profile below. They are considered to be armed with laspistols and a collection of blades, knives, ect. For every 3 Convicts, the squad may take a special weapon from the IG codex. If there are 10 units in the squad, one model may be upgraded with a Heavy Stubber. The unit may move and fire reguardless of the heavy weapon.

Convicts | 3 | 3| 3 | 3 | 1 | 3 | 2 | 8 | 5+
[/table]

Quote:
Trevor_Drake: If you invested $1,000 in Delta Airlines last year, you would have made $43. In AIG, you would have made $33. In Leihman Brothers you would have made $0. Spent that money on beer and recycled the empty cans, you would have made $214. I call it a 401-keg.
Trevor_Drake: Americans walk roughly 900 miles per year, and consume on average 22 gallons of beer a year, so the average american gets 41 miles to the gallon!

Grish: hahaha
Katie_Drake: XD

Last edited by Trevor Drake; 03-09-09 at 10:38 PM.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 07:54 AM

I beleive to truely create anything great and wonderful you must start with the basics, and go from there. So, first of all his name shouldn't be "Mick the Mercenary", no, thats too obvious (and cheesey), his name should be Micheal Reed, but he's better known as "Mic the Merc".
___

[table] Name | Pts | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv
"Mic the Merc" | 135 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 1 | 4 | 3 | 9 | 5+*
[/table]

Special Rules: Independant Character, Furious Charge, Hit & Run, Infiltrate, Slow and Purposeful, Stubborn

Dodge: Mic's armor save is considered an invulnerable save that can be used even when invulnerable saves would not normally be permited (ie Ctan Blade) and is not effected by abilities (ie Null Zone).

Equipment: "Sheila", "Junior", Demolition Charge, Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs

"Sheila": Sheila is an ordinary unadorned Boltgun with an Auxillary Grenade Launcher, but in Mic's hands she's something special, as if she was an old friend and lover. Sheila counts as a rending weapon and pinning weapon, meaning all three weapon profiles gain both the rending and pinning characteristic.

"Junior": Junior is a simple ordinary monofilament blade, but in Mic's hand he's a little more, almost like Junior is a part of him. Junior counts as a power weapon and poisoned weapon that wounds on 4+.
___

To explain away his stats he's got to be at least in his 50's, maybe late 40's, and he's all human, no bionics or glands for this man, oh no, no no no. What's more, you don't get to this age by backstabbing or breaking deals, bet your life on it, this man is a stone cold killer and works for his money (or perhaps something else?), but he ain't ever gone back on a deal unless the client broke the contract first. His mantra if you will. So with age comes reknown, experience, skill, technique, and what's more, insight. His invulnerable save comes from his ability to read his opponents and move out of the way, rather than relying on arcane technology or psyker ability, so even if facing down a foe who would normally not allow for an invulnerable save, Mic still retains his as he reads his foes moves like an open book. However, he's not as fast as he used to be, but he's still fast enough, and mean enough, after all if you've lived to the ripe age of 50 in the 40k universe you'd understand how brutal life can be, and would either be broken by it, or sharpened to a razor's edge.

So I give you Micheal Reed, aka "Mic the Merc".

Also PS, if by some twist of fate I win, I really don't know what I'd do with the prize, I just do this for the hell of it after all.

Last edited by KageRyuuUji; 03-10-09 at 09:02 AM.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 11:44 AM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

Mick the Mercenary | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 3 | 10 | 4+
[/table]

Cost: 140 points

Equiptment: Hellgun, Hellpistol, Power Weapon, Carapace Armour, Frag Grenades, Meltabombs, The Icon of Heresy

Special Rules: Fearless

Mercenary: Mick is a renowned mercenary and has fought countless battles for many different employers. So long as the price is right, Mick will fight for anyone. Mick the Mercenary is an Elite choice for any army.

The Icon of Heresy: The Icon of Heresy is an artefact of immense power. It received its name after it was first used in a sword fighting tournament, granting its owner unnatural speed and strength. The judges called the owner a heretic, for cheating in the competition. How Mick came across this object is unknown, but it has helped him ever since.
Bound within the Icon is thousands of spirits, all fighting for domination. The spirits are divided into 6 different castes and as the battle lines clash, one of the castes will gain dominance and convey their strength to Mick. Regardless of which caste is in control, the Icon always generates a protective field around the owner, shielding him from harm.

The Icon of Heresy grants Mick a 5+ Invulnerable save and the Eternal Warrior special rule. In addition roll a D6 at the start of a battle to determine which caste is in control and what boon this grants Mick:
1- The White Caste (Slaves)- +2BS and Acute Senses
2- The Blue Caste (Warriors)- +1A, +1I and Fleet
3- The Green Caste (Nobles)- +1 T and +1W
4- The Yellow Caste (Officers)- +1WS, +1I Fleet and Furious Charge
5- The Orange Caste (Judges)- +1S, +1WS, +1I and +1A
6- The Red Caste (Lords)- +1WS, +1A, +1S, +1W, Feel No Pain and Rage

Last edited by Wolf_Lord_Skoll; 03-10-09 at 11:46 AM.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 02:01 PM

Word Bearer Matriarch's Flag is: United Kingdom

Mick The Mercenery | 5 | 3 | 5 | 4(5) | 3 | 2 | 3 | 9 | 2+[/table]

Independent Character, Fearless, Invulnerable Save +4

Known as the lord emperor's son, Mick is a fearless merc ready for anything. He will only fight for the winning side, if it be Orkz, Tau or Space Marines.

Add one D6 for every enemy he kills, and he is immune to instant death.

Wargear:
Meltabombs, Plasma Pistol, Excalibur - Sword of the gods, Icon Of Lord Emperor

Last edited by Word Bearer Matriarch; 03-10-09 at 02:03 PM.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 08:27 PM
Must Paint MOAR!

Riandro's Flag is: United Kingdom

cba to write all the rules for him, but i think he needs a cigar that he can use once per game Just like a smoke launcher giving a 4+ coversave to units (or however smoke launchers work these days *rolls eyes*

also at the beggining of the battle you shoul roll a d6 to determin what weapon he gets extra

my 2 cents

also trevor drake, im guessing your a vin diesel fan too?

Tea drinkers of the world - UNITE - The wise words of Red Orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-09, 08:48 PM

Trevor Drake's Flag is: USA

Yes I am, plus you have never seen characters like that before or since, and i think it would fit well.

Quote:
Trevor_Drake: If you invested $1,000 in Delta Airlines last year, you would have made $43. In AIG, you would have made $33. In Leihman Brothers you would have made $0. Spent that money on beer and recycled the empty cans, you would have made $214. I call it a 401-keg.
Trevor_Drake: Americans walk roughly 900 miles per year, and consume on average 22 gallons of beer a year, so the average american gets 41 miles to the gallon!

Grish: hahaha
Katie_Drake: XD
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 03:35 PM

Default Mickey's statline

Here's just my idea of a 'mick the merc'...

Code:
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
 4  4 3 3 3 4 3 10 4+
Special rules and skills: Independent character, Scout, Infiltrate, Cameleoline, Skilled Rider, Relentless, Die Hard.

Weapons: BoltPistol with blessed Ammo ( Str 4, AP 4, disallow invuln saves )
Chainsword, Dented Macharian Cross, frag and krak grenades, trademark item.

Due to his medal, the first instant death attack on Mick is treated as a regular wound.

Trademark Item: Mick's Macharian cross was initially awarded to him when he was in service of the imperial guard and blew up an enemy tank that was about to run his squad of troopers over by standing right in it's path and tossing a grenade under it's track after it had partially rolled over him. Through the many battles afterwards, it has been hit by incoming fire over a dozen times, thus saving his life, making it almost unrecognisable as a macharian cross, save for the tattered linnen colours it's suspended by.

Mick can be fielded with a group of 0-9 veterans at the cost of 10 points each. These have the statistics of a stormtrooper, up to 2 of them may carry a special weapon as per regular stormtroopers. One of them may also be upgraded with a medi pack for +6 points. They also all wear Cameleoline cloaks and share his Die Hard

Can I borrow that?: At the start of the game, before deployment, you may go through your own codex, and the enemy's codex and select up to 30 points worth of wargear from it to equip him, and up to two members of his squad as if these were special weapons. Any item may be selected from these lists, as long as they are not biomorphs or mutations, Mick is not a mutant.

If Mick isn't with a squad, but on his own, he may be fielded on a combat bike, giving him +1 toughness and a heavy bolter on the side ponton which he can fire at his own BS even if he moves up to 12" with it, at the cost of +20 points.

Expert Scout: Mick and his friends always deploy on turn 2, on whatever table edge you choose.

Hijack:
If Mick isn't fielded with his bike, or with a retinue, he may also attempt to 'hijack' an enemy vehicle. On turn 2, when he deploys, roll a die, on a result of 4-6, this is successfull, and he may be deployed with any vehicle from your enemy's allowed transports, with any upgrades you choose, but must deploy on your enemy's table edge. Whatever the former BS of this transport was, it now becomes 4 because Mick and his friends are driving it.
It also gains the 'skilled rider' bonus because of Mick.
If failed, there is no repercussion except that he must deploy ( on foot ) at your enemy's table edge.

One turn after he appears however, the 'former' occupants show up, rather angrily. Your opponent at this point, may form a squad of the most basic kind of troops up to the point value that was 'spent' on the hijacked vehicle and deploy them in the same spot as where Mike deployed.
This squad must come from the most basic troop type that is allowed to use the hijacked transport, in the following order:
Troops, Fast Attack, Elite, heavy Support, HQ

For instance, your enemy is a which hunter.
Mick steals a rhino, with smoke launchers, extra armour and a storm bolter, total points: 67 points.
Your enemy may then deploy up to 67 points worth of sisters or stormtroopers on the field.
If he had stolen a chimera, his enemy could only field stormtroopers, if he had stolen an immolator, the most 'basic' troop that can be fielded equipped with one would be dominions ( on foot now, because their immolator was stolen )
Had he stolen a Landraider, the opponent would be allowed to field a very angry insquisitor with retinue ( not a lord, because an elite inquisitor is allowed a landraider too )
This squad also has the 'preferred enemy' rule against Mick and his friends for this game.

Mick may not be fielded with Tyranids due to the fact he doesn't like being eaten. Carnifexes are NOT transports.
Also due to Super heavy tanks being too heavily guarded, Mick may not attempt to steal one of these, nor any titans.

Last edited by Inquisitor Einar; 03-12-09 at 03:38 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode