Heresy-Online YouTube Video Competition- Sponsored by Wargames Empire.
Heresy-Online members are invited to take part in our first community video competition. This is your opportunity to create a video to share with the world!
What do I need to do?
All you need to do is create your video, upload it to YouTube, let us know it is there, and encourage your friends, co-workers, family, and neighbours to spread the word and view it.
The video has to be related to Heresy-Online, Warhammer 40k or GW. It can be anything, a comedy sketch, a cartoon, a tactical guide, a parody, a painting, a stop action film or even a modelling guide.
Upload your new video to YouTube (you’ll need to create a YouTube account if you don’t already have one) during the competition period and get as many views as possible before the competition ends. Sadly, previously created videos cannot be accepted. We want everyone to start on a level playing field.
Please add "Heresy Online Warhammer 40k Video Competition 09" at the beginning of the title of your Video. In the description, describe what your video is and provide a link to the Heresy-Online website. In the Tags field, Use “Heresy-Online Video Competition” and "Warhammer 40k".
An Example would be "Heresy Online Warhammer 40k Video Competition 09 - Smurf Attack"
Video creator(s) are entitled to use any information available on the www.heresy-online.net
website to help create their video.
We will only accept videos entries using English. However, if the video is non-English, you can provide subtitles which validates its acceptance.
No “copyright” infringing content (audio or video) from GW can be included, anything that does will be voided and removed from the entrants list. It could also land you in the shit so stay away from it.
Copyrighted music can be used, but at your own risk!
If the artist takes exception to your using their song without permission they can request that YouTube take it down. If YouTube does remove your video then you're obviously out of the running since we can't see your views and favorites.
When does it start and finish?
The competition runs from 1st March 2009 until June 30th 2009 (the competition ends 11:59pm GMT June 30th, 2009).
How do I enter ?
Entering is simple. Submit the video to YouTube, and post it's URL in the thread here
Once your video is displayed in the thread you've successfully entered the competition.
How many videos can I enter?
You can create as many videos as you want. However, we'll only take the highest scoring video as your entry - one person cannot win all the prizes.
How are videos scored?
Winners will be chosen by a points score made up from YouTube views and favourites.
- # of YouTube views
- # of YouTube favourites (number of times favoured)
The point score algorithm is as follows:-
So what are the prizes?
- 10 times the # of YouTube views your video gets
- + 25 times the # of YouTube favourites your video receives
has kindly offered to sponsor the competition. The prizes are as follows:-
- First place will receive a complete Battleforce of their choice.
- Second place will receive a boxed set up to the value of £25
- Third Place will receive a boxed set up to the value of £14
As added incentive, Wargames Empire has chosen to donate a pack of their beautifully sculpted resin bases (Your choice from their basing section
), to the first five entrants
to upload their videos to YouTube. Bases are supplied unflocked and unpainted, but fully sculpted and highly detailed. Quantity per pack depends on the size and style selected. Here's an example of some of the lovely bases up for grabs.
Update: The first five entries have been made, so the lovelyr esin bases are no longer up for grabs, but you can still win the big prizes!
Note: Each prize will be awarded to an individual. Team members cannot each be awarded the prize.
If you have any questions post a comment on this thread or send me a Private Message.
Good Luck and may the best video win!
Rules Update - We just realised we've made an error, all titles must include
Originally Posted by Terms and Conditions
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current, complete and not misleading.
- The winner will then be notified by email or their YouTube account within 7 days of the end of the competition.
- The winner may not request and is not entitled to a cash alternative to the prize and the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- On submitting a Video, each entrant irrevocably and exclusively grants and assigns to Heresy-Online the entire copyright and all other rights of his entry.
- Anyone found or suspected to be inflating his video view count with a script or program will be removed from the competition immediately.
- By entering the Competition, all entrants are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions
Heresy Online Warhammer 40k Video Competition 09 at the beginning.
Also, add Warhammer 40k to the tags.