The 7th Heresy Online Army Painting Challenge. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Exclamation The 7th Heresy Online Army Painting Challenge.

Greetings you bunch of reprobates and welcome to the 7th Hunger....... What? Oh, sorry......

Who missed me then?

By my reckoning this is the 7th APC - and the third one I've run - so let's get down to business shall we?
Same script as previous years in that you may have a primary army and an optional secondary army. If you are starting a brand new primary or secondary army then you must complete enough units to make it game legal.

Terrain is allowed as a monthly entry, although this can be a maximum of twice throughout the APC. You will also still receive a pair of "Real Life" tickets that enable you to essentially claim a 'free' month in the APC. Please don't abuse them or I'll send @Nordicus around to beat you up with wet celery!
I will be including just one of the ever popular Double Month entries as well which will more than likely be January seeing as a lot of us will probably have been on the sauce throughout December.......

The requirement as ever is to have at least ten completed units by the end of the APC.

If you wish to enter, then please post below with what army you'll be painting up. The APC will begin on the 1st October 2016.

Here we go then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Last edited by Tawa; 09-09-16 at 10:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

I'll be trying - and failing - to complete the APC again this year with Blitzkrieg Germans for Bolt Action.

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 03:06 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

I am going to join in with my Ultramarines and guard this time I will finish it!

Last edited by Haskanael; 10-05-16 at 09:51 AM.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 03:11 PM
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yay! Glad to see this is happening again. I'm going to enter, just let me decide which of my many ongoing projects will take centre stage this year.

Check out my Project Log: Forbidden Colours!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 05:13 PM

Drohar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just a rules question: I have base coated my army with Chaos Black spray (done back in March), and I tend to paint slowly, but around three to two different units at the same time. So if i start, for example, two units in October that is base coated with Chaos Black, finish one in October and one November, do they both count or do I need to start and finish the unit in the same month?
Also is it ok that they are base coated already?
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 05:19 PM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Yay!
As to armies though I'm not sure, I'm away at the moment although I'll be back in a couple of weeks. Can I make my mind up then? I'd like to dig through my minis and see what tickles my fancy.
I've painted a lot of orks, and I've still got a few to do, but I would like a change.
Hmmmmm.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 05:59 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Okay I'll torture myself again and say I'm in, doing Space Marines and a little Imperial Guard maybe. @Tawa , whats the craic with terrain, does it have to be store bought terrain or can it be scratch biult stuff?

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 07:56 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

With the Stormcast and Mechanicus each about 90-95% finished I think this time my Ghoul Court will be taking centre stage.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drohar View Post
Just a rules question: I have base coated my army with Chaos Black spray (done back in March), and I tend to paint slowly, but around three to two different units at the same time. So if i start, for example, two units in October that is base coated with Chaos Black, finish one in October and one November, do they both count or do I need to start and finish the unit in the same month?
Also is it ok that they are base coated already?
Umm, preferably month by month. Don't worry, I'm slow as fook at painting as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
Can I make my mind up then? I'd like to dig through my minis and see what tickles my fancy.
Fine by me mate as long as you give me a quick shout with your choice so I can stick it into my records

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
Okay I'll torture myself again and say I'm in, doing Space Marines and a little Imperial Guard maybe. @Tawa , whats the craic with terrain, does it have to be store bought terrain or can it be scratch biult stuff?
Either/either matey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
With the Stormcast and Mechanicus each about 90-95% finished I think this time my Ghoul Court will be taking centre stage.
Colour me intrigued.....

Quote:
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-16, 10:37 PM

Drohar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'll try again this year, hopefully with better success. Militarum tempestus & Space Marines (which are converted Scion models).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode