Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Input and Imanges needed for New banner ASAP

6K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
Hello all,

We Want your Input!

The site will be getting a face lift next week and I need some user images for the new banner. If you would like to be featured in the banner please post 3-4 different images below in this thread. I need them ASAP so we can get a proof to you guys this week.

We want to know what you like in an update (look and feel). What you think the community would get excited about and appreciate.

Do you want an updated, logo? A new skin theme color change?

Maybe a preference in images included in the banner Don't be Shy! We need this info ASAP!

Tips on posting images:
- clean and clear view
- higher clear resolution
- no people or objects blocking full view

Thanks,
Jeff

See less See more
#5 ·
Anybody, otherwise it is Hello Kitty icons and a pink background...
As long as it works I don't think anyone cares pal. This site is pretty buggy compared to basically any other forum for 40k on the internet whether it's posts being eaten, white screen madness, crap loading time, video and audio in ads...all that crap adds up and there's a lot of other forums that don't seem to have the same issues that are mere clicks away.

If it means a site that isn't frustrating to use I will praise the new Hello Kitty overlords.

#6 ·
I'd echo @ntaw keep the color palette dark. Not just to be "grim" because that's rather silly, but because it's easier on the eyes.

Otherwise, just tune it up. Fix the theme problems. Make it more stable.

#7 ·
Change it, and then wait for a storm of rage and critisism and then take the abusive but heartfelt ideas and get it done right. Personally I like the black back ground, I love the logo but could live without the eagle or have a more imperial roman type eagle, but look at my avatar I'm a closet facist! Do we need the calander in the tool bar, maybe move "my posts" and "my threads" off the tool bar and just have them as options in the "user cp" and "quick links" is in the top tool bar and in the one below it

#15 · (Edited)
That's some cool shit, admin. I'd like some more 40k in it though.

EDIT: forget what I just said; no need for more 40k. Great stuff.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#17 ·
As much as I like the image, the use of the artwork concerns me as credit to the original artists really needs to be given or the site risks getting hit with a 'I didn't give permission, you have to take that down' letter.

A majority of artists are ok with their work being used (as long as they are given the nod of credit) but some can get downright nasty about it.

#21 ·
I know the far right IG part of the image is from a GW book cover, so it would be subject to GW/artist IP. I am not sure about the fantasy imagery (and I agree it is odd to have AOS/WFB stuff as such a majority of the banner on a site that is mainly 30/40k).

The biggest problem that you are going to run into- as I have been taking a quick search of the copyrights- is the fact that GW holds IP on just about any and all imagery related to its games: chaos icons, imperial eagles, astartes, imperial guard, fantasy stuff, etc down the line.

So, just about anything the site uses relating to GW products will be a risk of IP, unless the image in question is used with permission. There is a little bit of wiggle room, but not much.
Thanks for the info guys, creative is pretty good with this stuff but I will update them and try to get another mock up. We can always update it down the road.

The priority is getting the site converted to kill these bugs.

Jeff M

#20 ·
I know the far right IG part of the image is from a GW book cover, so it would be subject to GW/artist IP. I am not sure about the fantasy imagery (and I agree it is odd to have AOS/WFB stuff as such a majority of the banner on a site that is mainly 30/40k).

The biggest problem that you are going to run into- as I have been taking a quick search of the copyrights- is the fact that GW holds IP on just about any and all imagery related to its games: chaos icons, imperial eagles, astartes, imperial guard, fantasy stuff, etc down the line.

So, just about anything the site uses relating to GW products will be a risk of IP, unless the image in question is used with permission. There is a little bit of wiggle room, but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.