Member of the Month - July 2014 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Default Member of the Month - July 2014

Member of the Month - July 2014.

@Nordicus joined us here on Heresy a little over a year ago, and has been a regular poster ever since. Not only that, but he has shown himself to be a most excellent painter and a helpful member of our community. On behalf of the Staff here at Heresy, congrats!

Quote:
Martin Nord
Heresy Online user name:
Nordicus
Main Army:
Chaos Daemons

Personal Website:
Uhm, well I have a band Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Annominus

What motivates you when choosing to buy or build an army?
Primarily I go for loon'k'feel of the army, I have to admit. Most armies have fun extra rules and their own playstyle, but considering how much time you spend looking at them, you have to think they're awesome to look at.
That and I'm a sucker for things demonic. So shoot me.

What motivates you to keep playing or participating in the hobby?
Main motivation? Getting better at it. I am one of those lucky individuals who enjoys both painting and playing a great deal, so I have 2 spheres that I can draw motivation from. There's always more to learn,
more to perfect and new things to try out, which keeps me motivated to try and get better every day.

Do you play for fun or victory?
Heh, I would say a little bit of both. I'm not active in the tournament scene, as I don't enjoy powerplaying that much, but I usually try to put out lists that at least have a chance of winning.

What is your all time favourite Game System?.
Kind of biased, seeing as I've only played 40k, so I would have to go with that. I dabbled a bit in Fantasy,
but I didn't like the aesthetics of the game in general.

What are your thoughts on the Grand Tournament scene? IS it good for the hobby?
I think a competitive scene is good for a lot of hobbies, including this one. It tests out the game in a sense and gives the competitive players something to strive towards, which I think is good. After all, not
everyone are like me who just wants to have fun - Some have fun, when they're winning and I respect
that. I do not believe, however, that it is Games Workshops responsibility to have the game compatible with such a scene. They have never stated that it was intended for this scene, so some homebrew tournament rules are mandatory in my opinion. To try and balance things out and maybe pout a limit on
what people bring, especially in these days of unbound goodness.

What are your plans for the future?
My plan is to reboot my Chaos Space Marines, as they were my original first army and have been on the
shelve long enough. Seeing as they're wholly compatible with my Daemons, I think it could be fun to try
and mix'n'match them a lot in the future. Having to strip all the models to paint them in the new theme is kind of brutal though Luckily I don't have that many (like 1500 points max I think) so it's a start.

What gaming clubs do you belong to or have you been a member of?
Well I have my own back here in my hometown, that I created along with a couple of friends. We're now
a little club of 15 people so there's decent activity and campaign battles happening every week, for
those with the time for it

Which Race is your toughest opponent to face on the game table?
Eldar. My god I hate this army. It may be because of the player, but I think the amount of AP3, psyker
potency, Jink and mobility of this army is beyond ridiculous. It's simply too easy to make a list that counters everything with this army.

What do you do when you're not online?
Well I have my band, where we are releasing our debut album in the winter. We just signed our first
record deal, so we're pretty psyched to get it out. I will be sure to post it here when it's out!
Beyond that, I work as a Project Manager and live with my girlfriend. How very grownup of me, I know.

Favourite sports team?
Uhm, does wargaming websites count? I'm about as interested in sports as I am in the process of
removing nailpolish.

What armies do you play?
Chaos Daemons and Chaos Space Marines. I'm a slave to Chaos, through and through.

Which system do you prefer and why?
Warhammer 40k, but that's purely because it's the only one I have played seriously. The reason I don't
play any other (I have a small Cryx force for Warmachine) is that I haven't found game beyond 40k that I
think looks awesome. And I don't have alot of time either, so it's purely a question of where to allocate my time.

How long have you been playing GW games?
I started the hobby in November 2013 actually. I had a few figures when I was like 12, but they got thrown out a long time ago, so I started anew with 2 friends - We all started from scratch and built up our armies simultaneously. It's been a lot of fun!

What's your favourite movie, book and song?
Movie: Boondock Saints. Never get tired of that movie!
Book: Anne Rice: Memnoch the Devil. Hearing the tale of creation from the devils point of view is very interesting and gives some interesting thoughts to a lot of things.
Song: This changes from month to month, so I don't have any all time favourite actually.

Occupation?
Project manager by day, rock-metal musician by night.

Any pictures you'd like to share? (40k, family,
work etc)
I have alot of pictures in both my project log and a few in the "Show your face!" thread here on heresy. If I were to post any more, I think I would be spam
ming :D

What is your greatest achievement that you're proud of?
Achieving the record deal with my band. It's been a dream since I was 18 to achieve this, when I first picked up a guitar, so it's pretty unreal to have it.
Honorable mention also goes to, getting 2 3rd places in The Fang Denmark, on my first try.

How did you come up with your username?
Well my friends all call me Nord, as Martin is a pretty regular name. I've never had a school class, team or anything of the sort where there weren't at least one other dude named Martin - So it was just easier to go with Nord. I also play MMO games, where the name Nord was taken once - So I renamed it to Nordicus. After that it kind of became my online alias.

How did you find out about Heresy? What made you stay?
I was searching for how the heck I made a Chaos Space Marine list, as I had no clue what I was doing. Heresy was the place with most possible lists and a lot of other stuff that seemed interesting, so it became my go-to place for 40k info and news. Still is to this date

You can take three things with you to a deserted island, name them?
A water purifier, a machete and flint. Survival above all!

Other Usernames we may know you by?
Well some places I am just called Nord.

If you could change something about heresy what
would it be?
Tough one to be honest. The place was built on being frank and honest, with a bit of hard love which I respect. But I suppose I would change the reactions to bullshit just a tad - Crank it up a bit so we don't have 5 pages threads with people bickering just for the sake of bickering.

Favourite mini of any range ever?
Currenty the Bloodthirster from Forgeworld stands at my top. My god it's so awesome!

What was the first ever model you bought or were given?
I'm gonna count my start of November 2012 for this one, as I can't recall the ones I had when I was 12.
My first model ever bought was actually a combi-pack: The Dark Vengeance box-set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Last edited by Zion; 07-21-14 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Fixed Band URL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 04:44 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Congrats @Nordicus , well deserved.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 04:50 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Well done mate, that be'lakor model was deep fried gold.

Last edited by Nacho libre; 07-21-14 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelled be'lakor wrong.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 05:02 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Congrats man!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 05:05 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Gratz dude

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 05:07 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 05:10 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

well done Nord well deserved
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 05:22 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho libre View Post
Well done mate, that be'lakor model was deep fried gold.
It actually does look like that, doesn't it... in addition, to, well, being that.

Well done, Nord, well-deserved.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 06:12 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Grats Nord, you are great to have around and your painting is inspiring.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 07:18 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Huzzah, well done mate!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode