Heresy Online Ownership Change - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Heresy Online Ownership Change

By now you will probably be aware of the sites downtime over the past day or so and wondering "what happened this time?"

Well, I'm pleased to say this will probably be our last ever prolonged downtime. Never again will I come grovelling to you guys asking for forgiveness for some amateur mistake that nuked several thousand posts and made everything look funny. Never again will those pesky Russians meddle with our server and expose my lack of web savvy!

Why you ask?

Simply put, Heresy-Online has been "acquired" by Verticalscope, a well known and professional web community management company. From this point forward the guys from Vertical Scope will be leaning on their expertise and handling all of the technical aspects of forum management. Expertise I might add that they've honed through running hundreds of forums like ours. The site and all of its files have been moved from their old location and now sit safely on VS's own fast servers.

Selling Heresy like this isn't a decision I've taken lightly, it's taken many years and many long hours pondering the right move to reach this decision but in light of the hacking of last year and us being a gnats cock away from losing everything I feel it's in the sites best interest to move into the Vertical Scope family where things like "backups" and other baffling events will take place on a more regular basis.

Verticalscope have assured me that there will not be massive changes to the way things are handled around here, the longevity and growth of Heresy-Online is their main concern and they've permitted myself and the current team to stay around and maintain their usual roles within the forum. The rules will remain the same, the way the staff control the site will remain the same and most important of all I'll have more time to talk about Father Nurgle having his filthy way with Megan Fox. Huzzah! On a more serious note, if I had any doubts about Vertical Scopes ability to serve this site long into the future I wouldn't be writing this message, for once, the future of Heresy is a little less Grim Dark and a little brighter!

In closing I'd just like to say a little personal thanks to every single person that ever contributed to this site, you all (yes even those I spanked into the banned usergroup) are dear to me and collectively make up the foundations of our great community.

Onwards and upwards from here.

Jez
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 08:41 PM
Admin

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce my self to you all. My name is Philip and I am a community manager for VerticalScope and will be taking over the WebMaster duties for Jezlad here on heresy-online.net. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please post them.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. Itís our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and itís paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 09:00 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Here's to a bright future. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this site in the year or so I have been here Jez.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 09:29 PM

Relise's Flag is: England

Another big thanks to Jez for all the hard work keeping this place going and growing! I might not post much but tend to read every day, and its an forum 😄
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 10:11 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

All hail Jez!
No seriously, thanks for all the hard work you've put into this place over the years. It's my online home in nearly every respect.

Philip, welcome to Heresy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 10:21 PM
Admin

Thanks for the welcomes!
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 10:31 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Well done Jez, I hope you've been rewarded appropriately for your years of hard work getting this place to where it is.

Philip, welcome to Heresy.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 10:31 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

This is great news Jez - I am very glad to see that things are a bit brighter and that you can finally get to relax a bit. Here's to many more years of awesomeness!

And to Admin: Welcome aboard the Heresy train!
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 10:36 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks Jez, for the time you've put into the site, its ups and downs etc. Glad to see you will still be shooting the shit from time to time, hope lass and the bairn are all grand as well.

Philip (can I call you Phil? I'm lazy. Or Agent Coulson?), nice to see a quick handshake as well from both parties, seen enough forums where that doesn't happen and it goes downhill from there. Are you a hobbyist at all?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 10:54 PM
Admin

You can call me Phil. Its probably best to think of me as this guy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode