Earn with Heresy! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-13, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Earn with Heresy!

EARN $$$$ Writing Wargaming Articles

(a new frontier in the online wargaming community)

I'm seeking fresh, enthusiastic and knowledgeable talent to post tutorials and guides here in this forum. This is your chance earn cash, beef up your forces, gain exposure and maybe even add "writer" to your resume cover letter.

If the prospect of submitting a few articles/tutorials here and making a few bucks appeals READ ON!

What We Need

• 6th Edition 40k Tactics
    By this we mean general 40k articles - not unit overviews, im talking deployment guides, shooting guides, assault guides, mission tips etc. Not "How to use Guardians" - general, all encompassing multi army guides.
  • Hobby Tips
    Painting, conversions, basing guides - anything that people will find valuable. (any without images will be denied.
  • NoN GW Articles
    If you have some tactics writeups for non GW systems we want them.

If you have any questions about what we will accept shoot me a Private Message or post a thread in this very forum asking what I'm looking for.

How This Will Work

Simply start a thread in this forum and post/write your article in it.

When you've submitted your work I'll come in, have a little read through then (if needed) I'll offer any editing suggestions in the thread.

When we're both happy with the article I'll make you an offer from $2 to $5 (I know it isn't a fortune but it's better than nothing right?) based on my estimation of the articles quality.

Content Calls

Every so often I'll post a "content" call thread in the forum. This is your opportunity to write based on my topic and get bonus earnings! Instead of $2-5 you'll be guaranteed $6-$8 per article.

How cool is this?

Write about the game you love and earn some extra money to spend on the game you love...

So next time you're about to "submit" that article on your "other" wargaming hangout - have a little think about what you'd prefer - 10 articles posted there or 10 articles and $50 in your pocket here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 02:24 AM

Do these articles need to be exclusive to Heresy Online?

Are old articles OK that have already been posted on other sites?

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 02:26 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

As I said in the other thread, i'll try and take a few minutes out to take some extra pictures when i'm converting or painting. If what i'm doing is remotely interesting i'll try and squeeze a tutorial out of it

I've been putting together some images already for a 'painting fire' tutorial, so that is coming your way this evening.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 08:38 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Great idea Jez.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
Do these articles need to be exclusive to Heresy Online?

Are old articles OK that have already been posted on other sites?
Yes they need to be fresh and unposted online.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 10:54 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
Yes they need to be fresh and unposted online.
That being the case, however, how long would Heresy have exclusive rights to them? Could they be posted up elsewhere immediately after they get posted here? (not that I intend to do so, just clarifying guidelines. Though if I were, I would certainly link back to Heresy as the article's primary source).

Additionally, how are large, multi-part tacticas treated? I have a serialized CSM tactica I've been meaning to complete, for instance, and though it's one thread, it addresses different subjects with enough content to justify a thread to themselves. I realize this is a fine line to walk, and may well have to be taken on a case-by-case basis, but it's a thought. (and as a minor digression, I realize that so far my CSM tactica has mostly been unit overviews of the type that don't qualify by these guidelines, but the next several sections I intend to post are broader articles on list-building, ally synergy, and the like, so they might well)

I will state for the record that I wholly intend to write articles in this vein, and this might well be the kick in the rump that will get me moving. Furthermore, (in my case, at least) if any of my articles should qualify for compensation, I'd rather that I wasn't paid in cash, but rather that my Supporter subscription should be extended by however much the earnings would qualify me for.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 12:59 PM

Skari's Flag is: Canada

This is indeed very interesting. Do you have a certain minimum length you would be looking for?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 01:35 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Do you have a particular length requirement to the articles Jez? Anything that I might do would be actually quite short, just something about the (very) simple SW conversions that people seem to have liked over the course of my plog.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
That being the case, however, how long would Heresy have exclusive rights to them? Could they be posted up elsewhere immediately after they get posted here? (not that I intend to do so, just clarifying guidelines. Though if I were, I would certainly link back to Heresy as the article's primary source).
I think a month would be about right, its not a case of people cash in here then go post stuff elsewhere. All payments will be paid on a net 30 basis upon completion of the month.

So any tutorials submitted in August will be paid at the end of September.

Another example

Article Number.........Submitted.....................Payme nt Offered
1...........................4th November.........................$3
2...........................7th November.........................$2
3...........................14th November.......................$3
4...........................22nd November.......................$5
5...........................28th November.......................$4
6...........................29th November.......................$4

$21 paid on December 30th.

If any of the articles are found online elsewhere before the payment day the article payment is void.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 01:43 PM
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

I'd love to have this kind of inspiration to write up some articles. But not sure if I'm qualified....

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode