Movember. Worldwide Charity Event for Testicular and Prostate Cancer. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-12, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Default Movember. Worldwide Charity Event for Testicular and Prostate Cancer.

During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces in the UK and around the world. The aim of which is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer.

Once registered at movember.com each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face. For the entire month each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache. There is to be no joining of the mo to the sideburns (that’s considered a beard), there’s to be no joining of the handlebars to the chin (that’s considered a goatee) and each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman.

A Mo Sista is essentially a woman who loves a Mo. An individual that is dedicated to supporting the Mo Bros in her life through their moustache growing journey; whether it be a friend, colleague, family member or partner. These inspirational women are committed to raising awareness of men's health issues and much needed funds for men's health along the way.

Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November and through their actions and words raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.

At the end of the month, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas celebrate their Movember journey throwing their own Movember parties or attending one of the Gala Partés held around the world to stand tall and celebrate the moustache.

The Movember Effect: Awareness & Education, Survivorship, Research
The funds raised in the UK are directed to programmes run directly by Movember and our men’s health partners, Prostate Cancer UK and the Institute of Cancer Research. We work with these partners to ensure that Movember funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world-class programmes in line with our strategic goals in the areas of awareness and education, survivorship and research.

Movember - a global movement
Since its humble beginnings in Melbourne, Australia Movember has grown to become a truly global movement inspiring more than 1.9 Million Mo Bros and Mo Sistas to participate with formal campaigns in Australia, New Zealand, the US, Canada, the UK, South Africa, Ireland, Finland, the Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Belgium and the Czech Republic. In addition, Movember is aware of Mo Bros and Mo Sistas supporting the campaign and men’s health causes across the globe, from Russia to Dubai, Hong Kong to Antarctica, Rio de Janeiro to Mumbai, and everywhere in between.

No matter the country or city, Movember will continue to work to change established habits and attitudes men have about their health, to educate men about the health risks they face, and to act on that knowledge, thereby increasing the chances of early detection, diagnosis and effective treatment.

In 2011, over 854,000 Mo Bros and Mo Sistas around the world got on board, raising GBP 79.3 million.

Big steps have been taken towards changing attitudes and habits relating to men’s health around the world but there is still much to be done to catch up with the women’s health movement. Via the moustache, Movember aims to fulfil its vision of having an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health, by continuing to spark conversation and spread awareness of men’s health each year.

Quote:
Viscount Vash:
I am going the whole hog this year not only will I be trying to grow a silly Mo, I will be cutting my hair into a Mo-Hawk.

Check out my Mo Space and see how it goes and if you can maybe even sponsor my mustache growing efforts.There is also a embarrasing photo of me with a tash that is about 20 yeras old
Vash's Mo-Space.(UK)

Quote:
humakt:
I have been inspired to participate since the recent death of my father who died from cancer of the prostate in July.

I will be going for some mutton chops as well if I can manage it. Supporting either me or Vash would be great. And if I actually manage to raise more than £150 individually I will keep my lip hair for a further week (much to my wifes annoyance).
humakt's Mo-Space.(UK)

Quote:
Brother Subtle:
Thank god it is catching on in the rest of the world. This year is my 4th Movember in 4 years. Ive raised over $2,000 myself in the last 4 years.

Go mo bro!

Quote:
ghazghkull-killyork
for any kiwi's who want to donate here is my mo-space as well

Even if you can't Donate to Heresy's very own Mo Bros please visit and Rate their Mo Space pages, if you are a FaceBook type you could 'Like' their page too.

Last edited by Viscount Vash; 11-04-12 at 06:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-12, 08:51 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

You go Vash!!! Can't wait to see the killer stache at the end.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-12, 09:50 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I would like to hijack this thread and say I am also participating in movember. My Mo Space link is in my signature. I have been inspired to participate since the recent death of my father who died from cancer of the prostate in July.

I will be going for some mutton chops as well if I can manage it. Supporting either me or Vash would be great. And if I actually manage to raise more than £150 individually I will keep my lip hair for a further week (much to my wifes annoyance).

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-31-12, 10:04 PM Thread Starter