Chique Geek Entertainment, LLC is seeking investors! - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 03:08 AM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

So after doing some reading, I have come up with a few questions for you guys before I start handing out cash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
If you invest $1,000 you will see a return of one-half (.5) % profit per quarter for the life of the company*. In addition a person will receive a 30% or cost +15% discount (whichever is more profitable for the company) on all products purchased from the company. If there is a product that would be cheaper without the discount, accommodation will be made to ensure that you are getting a good deal for your money. Also, you will gain membership into the Silver Membership club. While in the club you will receive the chance to pre-purchase items ahead of the general public.
So with this highlighted statement, I ask what happens to the principle if the company tanks?

Also what is the total amount of principle you guys are intending to raise?

How much have you raised to this point?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 10:13 AM
Feed

The exchange rate was awesome when I sent that payment. $1k US turned out to be Nine eighty something AU.

Assuming the economy swings back to the US` favour, I`d say this could work well.

And if not, fuck.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Last edited by Commissar Ploss; 11-15-11 at 06:57 PM.
post #43 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 12:20 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

If the company tanks all merchandise will be liquidated and investors payed back their investment until the money runs out. Total capital that we are looking to gain is $50k so far we have received $1k.

The only bill we are going to have is the insurance (forgot about that above) since t he building owner is an investor in his own right and instead of receiving rent also receives a part of the profits. The only way this business would honestly tank is if we decided we do not want to do it anymore or the building is blown over tomorrow.

We are going to be an online retailers and planning on using every avenue we can, if we generate $200,000 in profit in one year (possible) then that will return your $1000 right there. In our first year or two, Ploss and I are not even planning on taking any of the profit from the company and will be investing 100% our share right back into the company to buy more product.

Last edited by Commissar Ploss; 11-15-11 at 06:57 PM.

post #44 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 12:59 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Paypal exchange rate is very reasonable, happy with that

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #45 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Eater XII View Post
Paypal exchange rate is very reasonable, happy with that
and many thanks to our second Silver Member! Chique Geek wouldn't be Chique Geek without you.

CP

The Founding Fields

post #46 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 03:24 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Pleasure, just guess what your an accessory to now ;)

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #47 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 04:03 PM

A gaming orgy?

Good news, we both remembered our cameras so we will have video up of the shop WIP. Its rough right now and stuff needs to be moved out of here but we will also be posting a diagram of what we are going to have laid out in the shop as well.
post #48 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Thread moved to Forum Announcements so that the general public can get in on the action as well.

cheers gents!

CP

The Founding Fields

post #49 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 08:14 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Hmm very interesting. I might be tempted into looking into investing though it will all come down to wether the missus is willing to let me crack open the savings account.

As an aside what ranges are you going to be lookingat expanding into. When i worked in an indi games store over here in the UK we had issues where the GW profit margins meant that we had to rely on third party sales to stay afloat. In the end the store became a model railway, scalexstrix store with a little warhammer in it before it went down the crapper. The rival store in the next town however suplimented their stock file with void, celtos, microart studio and avatars of war product and are still going strong. Largely because each of these systems was compatible with already existing GW product.

With that in mind i was curious as to what, if any, third party producers you had considered lining up?

Cheers
Marty

Edit: I'm aware of MTg, yugi and Pokemon but can't help but see these as fad games. Beyblade was the same when i worked in the store.

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 11-15-11 at 08:16 PM.
post #50 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 08:25 PM

We are planning on carrying:

Magic: the Gathering
Yo-Gi-Oh
Pokemon
Warlord: Saga of the Storm
Dungeons and Dragons
Pathfinder
All the Whitewolf Games
Fantasy Flight games
Warhammer 40k
Warhammer
Warmachine
Hoards
Reaper Miniatures
Mantic's games

We are also going to be expanding into Comic books, used books, and various other products. Also we will be carrying the support products for the various games that we will be carrying. We are not going to rely on 40k to make all of our money, or even 20% of our money. I know all to well what the profit margin is on 40k and it is not all that great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode