Chique Geek Entertainment, LLC is seeking investors! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 01:40 AM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

I am interested in investing. I am always looking for interesting businesses to invest in. My only sceptisism is that there are so many gaming businesses out there and I rarely see one flourish. I am quite interested in hearing more about what you guys plan on doing that will give you a leg up on everyone else.

As far as the investment opportunities they seem fair and look tempting. I just would love to see more as far as how you plan to market yourselves.

Cheers,
Chaosftw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 01:49 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

So uh...I will assume investing for canadians wouldn't help us any? Or can you ship across boarder with Gw\Privateer Press items\Pokemon & magic? Oh im also interested in the UFS card game if it is possible to cross boarder.

(oh and i have the same question as chaos above as well)
post #13 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
First Silver Member, Serpion5!
Rest assured, many dead hookers will be trafficked with this money, clearly not wasted. many thanks Serp, in all seriousness, this will help our venture extensively.

CP

And djinn will follow up with the rest of the questions below this post:

The Founding Fields

post #14 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:19 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

The GW issue I would have to look into but I do not think any of the other companies would be an issue seeing we are buying from a 3rd party and not from the company itself.

What makes us different from the rest? First we are located almost in the middle of six major gaming communities to pull people from for larger events. Also we are going to be eating a lot of ramen noodles and advertising aggressively with various websites, podcasts, and other mediums such as local newspapers etc. There is only one other gaming store with in a 30 minute drive of our location and only three within an hour as well so our local sales should be nice. We are already working out details with the local schools about start leagues to help the community as well as advertise for us. My goal is with in the next few years is to be the Wayland of the US, doing anything that I can to pass up the other major companies that sell online. We are going to use Ebay as a free/pay us advertising tool as well posting up a LOT of items (thousands a week when all is said and done) to broadcast our prescience as well.

Secondly, we have no start up costs, a local business has taken us in under their wing and given us a place to use (about 900 sq feet for now not including a large store room for shipping products out) as well as not charging us for utilities. This will allow us to sink more money into the business instead of having to manage where rent is going to come from. This alone is going to save us over $2000 a month that will allow us to rapidly expand our SKUs. Our ultimate goal it to have at least 5 of every 40k and WHFB in stock at any one time with more of the popular kits.

Third, you are not just buying into a gaming shop. Plans are already being drawn up for a used books and media store, comic store expansion, coffee shop, t-shirt section expansion (both made by other companies and shirts drawn up and marketed under Chique Geek Entertainment, LLC) and a higher end tobacco shop for this area that will also include mail order as well. There are other business ideas in place that I am not at liberty to talk about that have the possibility of going large. Like I said you are not just buying into CGE the game shop, you are going to profit from anything that we market under our brand name as well.

Forth, we will also be producing a series of how to books and videos for sale to the public. As you know I am pretty decent at making tutorials and we are going to be making a series of these for sale to the public as well. After this we will be looking into getting these bound and sold in book form as well.

Fifth, CGE also includes my painting company, so I will also be doing commission work at the shop, this should generate a decent amount of capital for the store as well.

As you can see we have a lot of easy to pull off plans in the works that will be used to not only gain money, but bring people to the shop area where we can show them the awesomeness of gaming. My mentor is a friend of mine who owned a gaming store for 16 years prior to selling it and starting to work for Troll and Toad, the largest Magic the Gathering distribution company in the world. I also have personal contacts with in multiple game makers in addition to Ploss having a large and well known prescience to some major players at the Black Library as well as several other book producers.

In short Ploss and I are willing to make sacrifices in the next couple years until the business is full stocked, stable, and ready to expand into a new location, which we already have scouted (7,000 sq ft warehouse for $122,000). If you have any more questions please ask!
post #15 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:27 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

SO um....none of my questions where answered guys can you do the following.

A)Sell to canada (Trade Embargo by some companys woot!)

B) Why not buy directly from the company that makes the product it would save a ton of money and supply added benefits.

C)How many gaming shops are in your area?
post #16 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:47 AM
Curiouser and Curiouser

Damn I wish I could order from you guys before the holiday season. I don't really have extra spending money at the moment, but pretty much the only thing I want/need are 40k models and since no one in my family knows where to get those I could have easily directed them to you. When are you thinking you will be ready to begin selling 40k merch?
post #17 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:50 AM

December 1st we will be open and barring any issues have all our distribution set up. Alliances is less then an hour from here so we will probably be driving up there soon with our paperwork.
post #18 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
SO um....none of my questions where answered guys can you do the following.

A)Sell to Canada (Trade Embargo by some company's woot!)
I have to check on this for GW but the rest of the products they will be coming from alliances so there should be no issues.
Quote:
B) Why not buy directly from the company that makes the product it would save a ton of money and supply added benefits.
1. Takes a while to gain the ability to from most companies
2. Alliances, the US largest distributor for gaming stuff is less then an hour from me.
Quote:
C)How many gaming shops are in your area?
One within 30 minutes and it does not support 40k and is small and crappy TBH, three within 1 hour.

And actually I did answer these in my previous post .

Last edited by Commissar Ploss; 11-14-11 at 03:05 AM.
post #19 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:55 AM
Curiouser and Curiouser

Great news Djinn. Then I can just ask my family to purchase from you after the first of December. Just to be sure, you are doing online/over the phone shipping purchases right since I live in Colorado?
post #20 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:56 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Would love to invest, but seeing as how you would have to wrench that thousand out of the cold dead hands of the university administration staff, doesn't look to be in the cards. Though I would be glad to throw y'all whatever loose cash I manage to scrounge up in exchange for little plastic crack. Good luck.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode