Chique Geek Entertainment, LLC is seeking investors! - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Forum Announcements Important information can be found here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
How the hell.....Did you pull that off dude? those cases run about 500 - 1000 each retail!
yep. We've got a lot of people who believe in us and want to see us succeed. And they're willing to help.

CP

The Founding Fields

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 02:45 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Not everyone has been able to help out with money, but like Dave said they are willing to help anyway they can too see a business get off the ground.

I am more impressed with the 1000sq ft facility for free...
post #103 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 02:55 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
I am more impressed with the 1000sq ft facility for free...
See Midge's post for my idea on how that happened.......On the upside....You might love how much i will end up buying if you cut me a better deal then my local all asian card store!

post #104 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 02:42 PM

deathwatch27's Flag is: Wales

@Azkaellon Maybe once their open you could do a road trip to the US and buy direct from the shop. Just got to worry about the "illegal goods" when crossing back over the boarder then.
post #105 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
If you want an example:

Say you invest $1,000 and gain .5% of the total net profit:

Say we sell $500 a day. Of that 25% is profit so $125 a day.

In a month that would be $3750 and $45,000 a year.

Our yearly payments would be as follows:
$31,200 for salaries
$1,800 insurance
$20 for phone
$50 for webhost
or a total profit of $11,930 a year.
That is a return of about $60 a year.
I understand there's no sales tax as such for out of state customers, but do you really have no other overheads in there? I'm thinking accountant, corporation tax local and federal (is that 8.5% in Indiana? then Federal Income Tax?)

Your base sales projection there is ~$180K. Now obviously I'm not expecting you to shift $15K in month 1 out of the blocks but what do you think your ramp up is going to be like? Year 1, year 2 and on? I'm just thinking about the sort of ROI here, for $1000 down at your figures that's $60 a year so I'll make my money back in just 17 years, so obviously you're aiming at much higher sales than that. What kind of values you thinking of?

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Last edited by Aramoro; 11-17-11 at 03:27 PM.
post #106 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 03:40 PM

The only two employees are going to be Dave and I so the taxes should not be all that much, you are also correct about getting a CPA eventually as well, until then I am just going to learn the fun of tax law.

Honestly Aramoro I can not say what its going to be like. I know we are going to be pouring out hearts and pocketbooks into this to get the word out about the store so we are hoping to jump up in our daily sales ASAP, that is why our advertising budget is so large. If I was going to guess at a ROI, it would be 5-7 years for the initial to be payed back and profits start coming in. If things go huge we could do it in 2, it may take 10 (awww hell no).

A majority of what Ploss and I will be making will be derived from profit as well so we will be doing out best to ensure that we make a good profits. I know this is not the hardfast number that any of you want to hear but that is all I can provide now until the store opens and we get decent stock levels to ensure that we have the product in stock to order.
post #107 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

this is so true. It'll be hard for us the first year, especially when it comes to a paycheck as most of what we get will be funneled right back into the business. ramen noodle year as we've grown to call it. lol

CP

The Founding Fields

post #108 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-17-11, 05:23 PM

Wolfbane's Flag is: United Kingdom

I wish you guys all the best with your venture.
What do you plan for the shops opening hours?
I had a bricks n mortar shop a few years back, and ended up only opening in the afternoons and weekends. I switched entirely online before my second year was through.
I got a morning job to help cover the bills, as I only ever had one or two customers in the mornings.

"Camouflage is the colour of fear... I have no need to hide from my foes... I have no fear of death. My colours I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live! - I am proud to die!".

Check out my baby blue space pups plog here.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=100290
post #109 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-18-11, 12:41 AM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

I think that it will be extremely important you to have a good online store and website. If you have a nice website that easy to follow and is up t date you will produce as many sales from it as you would from walk ins.
post #110 of 168 (permalink) Old 11-18-11, 01:26 AM

Actually looking to have more online sales then walk in sales. We are planning on investing a good chunk of money into advertising. Our website will be linked with out POS once we get it all sorted out so if a sale is made in the store it will be deducted from our inventory and I am planning on making the site as streamlined and pleasant to the eye that I can.

Our store hours will be 10 or Noon to 8pm Tu -Thr, Sun and 10/Noon to 9pm Fri and Sat.

Check out www.chiquegeek.com added even more information with an investment breakdown for the different tiers of investment.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Welcome to Heresy-Online > Forum Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode