TIE Defender Fix Inbound!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fantasy Flight Games Covering 'Star Wars: X-Wing', 'Star Wars: Armada', Warhammer 40,000: Conquest' etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Default TIE Defender Fix Inbound!!

Wahoo! Just stumbled on this, hot off the heels of the of the Ghost/Phantom preview (part one and part two of that if you're interested, Kanan is a pretty darn sweet Crew card) is this article announcing an Imperial Veterans pack that will include a TIE Bomber and TIE Defender. The best part about this so far? Check it out:

Score some points for the Defender! Loving these tweaks. If you squint real close you can also make out the TIE Bomber Title card, whose text seems to elude to getting a TIE/1x like deal but for Crew provided certain criteria for other upgrades are met.

Then there's this gem of a card, which could really help economize some actions for ships that want to do something other than Target Lock once they get within range.

All in all I'm pretty damn stoked for the amount of goodies coming our way. Plus this looks like we'll be seeing a Rebel and Scum equivalent set since FFG has been pretty on top of keeping things equal (Scum aside, though they're catching up steadily).

EDIT: Got my squint on. TIE Bomber Shuttle reads

Quote:
Your upgrade bar loses the Torpedo, Missile, and Bomb upgrade icons and gains 2 Crew upgrade icons. You cannot equip a Crew upgrade card that costs more than 4 squad points.
Go FFG for taking good pictures of their stuff for promotion!

HA! Also it looks like Tractor Beams reduce target ships abilities by 1 to a minimum of 0 and the tokens discard at the End phase.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 12-14-15 at 08:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 09:02 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Beat me to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

A Defender with the TIE/D title and a Tractor Beam could be worrisome.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-15, 10:56 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Finally, a way to get three defenders with engine upgrades into a list. All those white K turns giving you an evade token. Nice.

The Tie/D with ion cannon could mess up your day as well.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-15, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

The more I think of it the more excited I get about Defenders. Good Fix!! My head is spinning with what might be in a 'Rebel Veterans' box.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-15, 09:26 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

I want a Rebel one that has a Y-Wing + Friend (Z-95), maybe some X-Wing cards/pilots in it too...because god forbid we add more X-Wings to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-15, 12:17 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
...because god forbid we add more X-Wings to the game.
There will inevitably be a Rebel one, and hopefully there's a fix in it for the T70 X-Wings. Considering the game is named after them, they must be the most unpopular ship in the system. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Wedge and Biggs, but the standard low PS X wings just aren't viable IMO.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-15, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Finally, a way to get three defenders with engine upgrades into a list. All those white K turns giving you an evade token. Nice.
That just gave me a HobbyOn......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
I want a Rebel one that has a Y-Wing + Friend (Z-95), maybe some X-Wing cards/pilots in it too...because god forbid we add more X-Wings to the game.
Y-Wing and a Z-95. Yes please. Couple of veteran pilots for each and maybe a new named pilot each. Some kind of title / ship-specific upgrade for the X-Wing as well. I'd kill for a proper Rogue Squadron pilot card......

Quote:
There will inevitably be a Rebel one, and hopefully there's a fix in it for the T65 X-Wings. Considering the game is named after them, they must be the most unpopular ship in the system. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Wedge and Biggs, but the standard low PS X wings just aren't viable IMO.
Fixed that for you Just being a pedantic wanker.
But no, I completely agree with that. Apart from one of our 'squadron' who plays the HoY list exceptionally well, I've not seen X-Wings in combat for an unhealthy amount of time

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

Last edited by Tawa; 12-15-15 at 04:17 PM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-15, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

The Z-95 needs something other than a 12 point pilot for me to want to take it for sure, specially considering Green Squadron pilots with the Chardaan Refit.

Quote:
hopefully there's a fix in it for the T70 X-Wings
hahaha, yup. As Tawa mentioned, ain't nothing wrong with the T-70. Poe was in both of the finalist lists at the recent world tournament. Just out of curiosity, are you guys familiar with Targeting Astromech (get a Target Lock after a red maneuver) and Integrated Astromech (X-Wing only, scrub your Astromech instead of taking a damage). Those two things can help give the game's namesake a bit more staying power, but yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
I'd kill for a proper Rogue Squadron pilot card......
You get Rogue Squadron Veteran in the T-70 pack

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-16-15, 04:16 PM

Nope, you get the Red & Blue generics, a "Red Ace" and "Ello Asty".

There's still no actual "Rogue" fighters in the game

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems > Fantasy Flight Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode