Android Netrunner - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fantasy Flight Games Covering 'Star Wars: X-Wing', 'Star Wars: Armada', Warhammer 40,000: Conquest' etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Logaan's Flag is: England

Default Android Netrunner

Anyone else play this?

Finally had my first proper couple of games of this yesterday. I've been interested in Netrunner for a while but finally bought the core set in February. My mate has also recently invested in the core game too and so we finally got to play a few games.

Loved it. Back in the day, I was a massive MTG player but with Netrunner's asymmetrical gameplay, the tension is there from the first draw. Playing as the Corp, its getting your ICE out early doors, as a Runner its installing programmes and making early runs.

I used to love deckbuilding in MTG and in Netrunner, this is no different. Having studied the core decks, I decided that I wanted to build a Wayland deck but using influence points to include some Jinteki nastiness. The deck that I played the first game with was geared towards having a good stockpile of credits to advance both agendas and any ICE that can be advanced. I had two remote servers both protected by three layers of ICE and hoped to use these to advance my agendas pretty quickly. I also had Pad Campaign in an unprotected server that my opponent never once made a run against to possibly trash. I won the game through a frankly dirty trick - setting a trap with Project Junebug with three advancements protected by one later of ICE. My opponent knew I was only two points from winning so made a run against the server, thinking it was an agenda.

The outcome was the three advancements resulted in six net damage. He only had three cards in his grip and it was game over. Flatlined.

The second game, I was running an Anarch deck with a smattering of Crim cards with my opponent running a Jinteki deck. I made a number of runs against his R&D hoping to steal the agendas rather than making runs as I know that Jinteki has lots of very unpleasantness. I almost lost this game as I made a run against his now protected R&D and came up against a Neural Katana. With no icebreaker installed, I took three net damage that left me with one card. I actually won the game by stealing two agendas directly from R&D and making one successful run on a remote server, breaking two pieces of ICE in the process.

I wish I had started playing this years ago, it really as an atmospheric LCG. I'm hoping to play this as much as I can over the next few weeks before buying some of the expansions.

Definitely recommended.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-15, 06:19 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Sounds like a larf! Although to be honest, I'm surprised that you managed to nail the I.M.O.M. down long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-15, 02:31 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Best cardgame ever released. Way ahead of other FFG titles and onlytime cardgame goes and stays on BGG top ten list. Totally awesome game

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems > Fantasy Flight Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode