Why should you play X-Wing? Ask questions if you want! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fantasy Flight Games Covering 'Star Wars: X-Wing', 'Star Wars: Armada', Warhammer 40,000: Conquest' etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-15, 09:38 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

So I managed to pick up 2 core sets and an advanced TIE this afternoon and after skimming through the rules im amazed at how simple the rules are.

What is considered stupid money for the falon and slave?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-15, 10:12 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
There's -tons- of them at my LGS for 28 CAD each. I'd wager anything north of $35 would be a waste.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-15, 02:26 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Ya, my FLGS also just got restocked with them recently (Firespray and YT-1300), both of which are about $30 or so...or whatever.

----

Thats a great start @SwedeMarine , I think most people are happy with the game, as a quick to play game, I mean most 100 point games usually takes me roughly 60-90 minutes of play time. And I am one of those people who like to stop and BS for 10 minutes or so randomly during the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-15, 02:35 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
So I managed to pick up 2 core sets and an advanced TIE this afternoon and after skimming through the rules im amazed at how simple the rules are.

That's definitely a good start there, Swede.
My initial purchase was 2 core sets, a standard TIE, a TIE Advanced, an X-Wing and a Y-Wing. Had tons of fun with just that for a good while.

I'd certainly look at a 1300 or 2400 for the Rebels, but don't pay out more than 30 including postage for either of them.
I'd recommend using the Amazon Marketplace as you can sometimes pick up stuff new for next to nothing. The downside to that is that a lot of them don't combine postage costs so it's no use for "bulk" orders.....

Other than that, enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-15, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Aces box sets are excellent resources - two TIE Interceptors or a B-Wing and an A-Wing for Rebels, with loads of upgrades and stuff for 10 per ship or less.

If you're looking for strong in-game performance then Falcons, YT-2400s and Decimators have all been good recently, but also Scum and Villainy has thrown a spanner into the works and shaken the game up a lot with what is considered "good". A pair of IG-2000s (Aggressors) is solid, as are Firesprays.

Ultimately as you build up your collection, you'll probably end up getting one of everything sooner or later in order to access all the upgrade cards and pilots. To start with, buy what looks cool or fun, and work out how you like to play.

If you like synergy with multiple overlapping abilities, Rebels do that well. If you like agile, difficult to kill ships that work independently of each other, then Imperials are a better bet. If you fancy a combination of the two, Scum has aspects of both.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems > Fantasy Flight Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode