2015 Store Championships. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fantasy Flight Games Covering 'Star Wars: X-Wing', 'Star Wars: Armada', Warhammer 40,000: Conquest' etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 12:50 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
@Logaan

Off the wall, thrown together Rebel list.

Wedge: R5-P9 & Outmanoeuvre.
Green Sqd: Refit & SD.
Green Sqd: Refit & SD.
Gold Sqd: R2 mech & Ion turret.
The Gold is a solid Y Wing build, green manoeuvres and a pain in the arse Ion cannon and Outmanoeuvre was made for Wedge. The A Wings would be slippery as hell with SD's and for such a cheap point cost could run interference and block the channels.

If you were to drop the A Wings and bump to 100 you could take;

Corran Horn: Advanced Sensors & Push The Limit.

But the initial list could absolutely work - a heavy hitter in Wedge, an Ion cannon and the A Wings for zipping annoyance.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

It's been written down in the playbook as a strong contender for Sunday.....

Along with this, providing I can get three bombers

Captain Jonus: Veteran Instincts, 2x Adv P Torps & Failsafe.
Gamma Sqd: 2x Adv P Torps & Failsafe.
Gamma Sqd: 2x Adv P Torps & Failsafe.

Go home big ship, you're dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Last edited by Tawa; 01-26-15 at 03:41 PM.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 09:44 PM

Spoke to Austin Powers today in work and it sounds like he's probably taking his YYB list avec Ion turrets.

Without even playing against Phantoms he seems to have an irrational hatred of them, he wandered off int the kitchen at work muttering about them being OP'd....

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 10:59 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
Rear Admiral Chirenau- Rebel Captive + Gunner + Ysanne Isard
Whisper - Veteran Instincts + Fire Control System + Advanced Cloaking Device

Now this leaves me with a bit of a decision. Currently the list is at 97 points....I want to have initiative but do I risk bumping it up to 99-100 to take an EPT on the Decimator? I would only want to go to 99 points maximum so the options are:

Veteran Instincts - increase RAC's PS to 10
Intimidation - any ship in contact with the Decimator reduces its agility by one.

Two PS's of 10 and 9 would be pretty funky mind.
VI would be useful in the mirrormatch vs other Imperials, as you don't want Whisper having to shoot at a Rebel Captive if you can possibly avoid it.

You also have Determination available, which outright discards Pilot crits. Given how vulnerable the Deci is to crits, that can certainly be worth it.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
VI would be useful in the mirrormatch vs other Imperials, as you don't want Whisper having to shoot at a Rebel Captive if you can possibly avoid it.

You also have Determination available, which outright discards Pilot crits. Given how vulnerable the Deci is to crits, that can certainly be worth it.
I had considered Determination but, purely from an attacking perspective, that PS10 would definitely help;

RAC attacks (possibly with a Target Lock) the defender may spend focus/evade tokens to avoid the hit, Gunner activates to possibly damage the target and then Whisper sticks the proverbial boot in with 4-5 dice after the RAC attack and also gets a Target Lock for the next round.

Given RAC's ability to turn one focus into a crit, most targets would be glad to focus/evade to avoid this.

Either of these EPT's would take the list to 98 so there is still a good chance of initiative.

post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 02:42 PM

Play both, see what you think! I overlooked Determination for a long time thinking that it just flipped the Pilot crit face down. It doesn't - it fully discards the card. This means that nearly a third of possible crits will just bounce off you to no effect. For 1pt, that's actually pretty damn good on something with 12 hull, specially when someone else is flying Vader or other crit-inducing tech.

post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Play both, see what you think! I overlooked Determination for a long time thinking that it just flipped the Pilot crit face down. It doesn't - it fully discards the card. This means that nearly a third of possible crits will just bounce off you to no effect. For 1pt, that's actually pretty damn good on something with 12 hull, specially when someone else is flying Vader or other crit-inducing tech.
Hmmm. Now that may actually work.

The enemy hopefully still gets a good shoeing and, having just checked a damage deck, there are nine pilot crits........

post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
Spoke to Austin Powers today in work and it sounds like he's probably taking his YYB list avec Ion turrets.

Without even playing against Phantoms he seems to have an irrational hatred of them, he wandered off int the kitchen at work muttering about them being OP'd....
Aah, the man doth return!
Play him with Phantoms!

Quote:
I overlooked Determination for a long time thinking that it just flipped the Pilot crit face down. It doesn't - it fully discards the card.
It does? Well, hello beautiful......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 10:53 PM

If you have 9 pilot crits then something has gone wrong with your deck!

You should have two copies of every result except for "Direct Hit", which have 7 copies.

Yeah, it never really entered my sphere of consciousness, because for any other ship (i.e. something with 3 hull or so) then it isn't worth wasting the EPT slot on something that will only occur IF you get a Crit, and IF it's a Pilot one. On a 12 hull though... You're ignoring 8 out of 30-something results.

post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-29-15, 07:36 PM

Quote:
If you have 9 pilot crits then something has gone wrong with your deck
Checked my actual gaming deck and it appears to be ok. This must be a rogue spare deck!

So with only three days to go, I think I have finally settled on my build;

Rear Admiral Chirenau - Ysanne Isard + Gunner + Rebel Captive + Determination
Whisper - Fire Control System + Veteran Instincts + Advanced Cloaking Device

98 point.

The only things I have considered changing is swapping out Gunner for Mara Jade (at the end of the combat phase all enemy ships at range one get a stress token) but while this would be fun and super annoying, its a tad too defensive. Yes its movement denial for the next turn but I would prefer to be using Gunner to strip evade and focus tokens.

Or......I could drop Ysanne Isard and replace her with Mara Jade. I get to shoot twice potentially and stress out those ships that want to chance a range one shot. If the Decimator is getting shot to crap, is one evade token per turn going to have that much of an affect?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems > Fantasy Flight Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode