Fantasy Flight Games: X-Wing. - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fantasy Flight Games Covering 'Star Wars: X-Wing', 'Star Wars: Armada', Warhammer 40,000: Conquest' etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-16-14, 07:05 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

There's lots of interesting stuff going up on the internet about X-wing and Armada at GenCon:

X-WING NOW HAS A THIRD FACTION!!!

“Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.”
―Obi-Wan Kenobi

The Scum and Villainy Faction will be a large wave 6 release!

StarViper expansion pack:

IG-2000 expansion pack:

Most wanted expansion pack: (Y-wing + 2 Headhunters)

Apparently there'll also be:
Slave 1 conversion kit (probably just cards).
Hawk-290 conversion kit (probably just cards).
M3-A interceptor expansion pack (the model's in the centre of the group photo).

All I could think was:

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...

Last edited by ChaosRedCorsairLord; 08-16-14 at 07:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-16-14, 01:59 PM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

what are those...things

i have never seen those ships before

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #83 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-16-14, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

OH My Fucking Lord I'll Be Selling About Five Kidneys!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

post #84 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-16-14, 05:42 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

IG-2000...............drool.

Hopefully The Hounds Tooth will be released too. An entire Bounty Hunter fleet makes me quite tingly.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #85 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 04:24 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Ig-88

fuck ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #86 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 06:19 AM

So it's hit the Fantasy Flight news blog today:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=4998

So here's what's known so far:
First things first, Scum and Villainy (SaV) seem to have access to two new upgrade types. One is the Illicit upgrades, presumably representing all manner of illegal equipment and weapons. The second are salvaged astromechs, which likely means SaV won't have access to the Rebels juicy astromechs and vice versa. Interesting.

Also SaV pilots seem to generally be lower PS than their Rebel and Imperial counterparts.

First we have the Most Wanted expansion pack:

This seems to be the kind of 'core' set for the Scum and Villainy faction, as it contains all the conversion cards and equipment for other ships. This pack includes 2 Blacksun schemed headhunters, and one 'scum' schemed Y-wing, plus all the tokens and such for them. There's also new cards, dials, and base inserts for the Hawk-290, and Firespray.

Headhunter gets PS1 and PS3 generics (interesting, will they be 1pt cheaper than their Rebel counterparts?), and a unique PS5 and PS7. Headhunter retains missile slot. The PS7 pilot has access to the elite pilot talent AND illicit upgrade slot. This makes me wonder, will SaV be a sort of min-max force with a bunch of cheap ships with a tricked-out ace or two sprinkled in?

Y-wing gets a PS2 and PS4 generic pilot, and a unique PS5 and PS7. Can't tell much about these pilots at the moment. Apparently there's a non-unique title card for the Y-wing too.

Hawk-290 gets a generic PS1, and unique PS3, PS5, and PS7. Can't tell much about these.

Looks like the firespray gets a generic PS5 pilot, a new PS6 pilot, Kath Scarlet (presumably with a new ability), and a NEW BOBA FETT PILOT CARD!!! Disintegrations are now allowed!

There's 19 upgrade cards, and Fantasy Flight continues to expertly match fluff with rules. There's a new autoblaster turret, a bunch of salvaged astromechs including R4s, plus some SaV-only crew and illicit upgrades.

this one made me laugh, you definitely want him shooting first:

Next up is the StarViper expansion pack:

This ship has a nasty attack 3, agility 3, hull 4, and one shield; with the focus, target lock, barrel roll, and boost actions. The most interesting thing about this ship is it's new manoeuvre:

It's essentially a crooked K-turn. ships with advanced sensors and boost can already do something similar, but this ship could take advanced sensors to do an even crookeder k-turn!

There's PS1 and PS3 Blacksun generic pilots, a unique PS 5, and this chap:

A nice ability if you're flying in formation, allows you to keep a big gun alive longer.

I'm a little worried about this ship, if the PS7 guy is only 31pts, how cheap are the generics? That's a pretty brutal statline, and if the generics are only 24ish points I can see them being very popular.

Here's some of the upgrade cards that come with this expansion pack:

Next up we have the M3-A Interceptor:

Attack 2, agility 3, hull 2, and one shield; with the focus, target lock, barrel roll, and evade actions. At a glance this appears to be the TIE fighter of the SaV. Then you see the generic pilots are PS2 and PS5, which means the cheapest this ship will be is 14pts. So what does this ship have going for it? How about this:

Cheap heavy laser cannon boat? Yes please! Throw in the fact that this expansion also comes with the 'Mandalorian' cannon and fletchette cannon upgrade cards. Nasty.

Finally there's the big ship release the IG-2000 expansion pack:

This made me chuckle. All pilots are unique and PS6, I'm guessing because they're IG88A, IG88B, IG88C, IG88D. Nice one Fantasy Flight. The ship itself has attack 3 and is the first agility 3 large ship, with 8HP (4 shield + 4 hull), this makes it the toughest ship in the game so far, even tougher than the Firespray! The action bar has focus, target lock, boost and evade, meaning you can stack TL/evade and focus for excellent offence/defense. The ship can also perform the seigniors-loop maneuver:

There's also a bonus for taking multiple IG-2000's:

A very interesting ship.

More X-wing love from Fantasy Flight. Why do they hate my bank account so much?

post #87 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 06:47 AM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
Ig-88

fuck ya!
That's what I'm going for as well. The Star Viper looks good too.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #88 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 06:53 AM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
So it's hit the Fantasy Flight news blog today:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=4998

So here's what's known so far:
First things first, Scum and Villainy (SaV) seem to have access to two new upgrade types. One is the Illicit upgrades, presumably representing all manner of illegal equipment and weapons. The second are salvaged astromechs, which likely means SaV won't have access to the Rebels juicy astromechs and vice versa. Interesting.

Also SaV pilots seem to generally be lower PS than their Rebel and Imperial counterparts.

First we have the Most Wanted expansion pack:

This seems to be the kind of 'core' set for the Scum and Villainy faction, as it contains all the conversion cards and equipment for other ships. This pack includes 2 Blacksun schemed headhunters, and one 'scum' schemed Y-wing, plus all the tokens and such for them. There's also new cards, dials, and base inserts for the Hawk-290, and Firespray.

Headhunter gets PS1 and PS3 generics (interesting, will they be 1pt cheaper than their Rebel counterparts?), and a unique PS5 and PS7. Headhunter retains missile slot. The PS7 pilot has access to the elite pilot talent AND illicit upgrade slot. This makes me wonder, will SaV be a sort of min-max force with a bunch of cheap ships with a tricked-out ace or two sprinkled in?

Y-wing gets a PS2 and PS4 generic pilot, and a unique PS5 and PS7. Can't tell much about these pilots at the moment. Apparently there's a non-unique title card for the Y-wing too.

Hawk-290 gets a generic PS1, and unique PS3, PS5, and PS7. Can't tell much about these.

Looks like the firespray gets a generic PS5 pilot, a new PS6 pilot, Kath Scarlet (presumably with a new ability), and a NEW BOBA FETT PILOT CARD!!! Disintegrations are now allowed!

There's 19 upgrade cards, and Fantasy Flight continues to expertly match fluff with rules. There's a new autoblaster turret, a bunch of salvaged astromechs including R4s, plus some SaV-only crew and illicit upgrades.

this one made me laugh, you definitely want him shooting first:

Next up is the StarViper expansion pack:

This ship has a nasty attack 3, agility 3, hull 4, and one shield; with the focus, target lock, barrel roll, and boost actions. The most interesting thing about this ship is it's new manoeuvre:

It's essentially a crooked K-turn. ships with advanced sensors and boost can already do something similar, but this ship could take advanced sensors to do an even crookeder k-turn!

There's PS1 and PS3 Blacksun generic pilots, a unique PS 5, and this chap:

A nice ability if you're flying in formation, allows you to keep a big gun alive longer.

I'm a little worried about this ship, if the PS7 guy is only 31pts, how cheap are the generics? That's a pretty brutal statline, and if the generics are only 24ish points I can see them being very popular.

Here's some of the upgrade cards that come with this expansion pack:

Next up we have the M3-A Interceptor:

Attack 2, agility 3, hull 2, and one shield; with the focus, target lock, barrel roll, and evade actions. At a glance this appears to be the TIE fighter of the SaV. Then you see the generic pilots are PS2 and PS5, which means the cheapest this ship will be is 14pts. So what does this ship have going for it? How about this:

Cheap heavy laser cannon boat? Yes please! Throw in the fact that this expansion also comes with the 'Mandalorian' cannon and fletchette cannon upgrade cards. Nasty.

Finally there's the big ship release the IG-2000 expansion pack:

This made me chuckle. All pilots are unique and PS6, I'm guessing because they're IG88A, IG88B, IG88C, IG88D. Nice one Fantasy Flight. The ship itself has attack 3 and is the first agility 3 large ship, with 8HP (4 shield + 4 hull), this makes it the toughest ship in the game so far, even tougher than the Firespray! The action bar has focus, target lock, boost and evade, meaning you can stack TL/evade and focus for excellent offence/defense. The ship can also perform the seigniors-loop maneuver:

There's also a bonus for taking multiple IG-2000's:

A very interesting ship.

More X-wing love from Fantasy Flight. Why do they hate my bank account so much?

Sorry for the double post but had to say thanks for this getting posted.

Thanks!

This is great to see. But I'm kind of torn that the Scum and Villainy faction symbol is the Mandalorian symbol.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #89 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 12:15 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

This looks like absolutely fantastic.

And Boba Fett now has an ability that will come in useful for a basic 39 points. His current ability is rarely used.

Boba Fett, IG-88, Krassis........nice.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #90 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
This looks like absolutely fantastic.

And Boba Fett now has an ability that will come in useful for a basic 39 points. His current ability is rarely used.

Boba Fett, IG-88, Krassis........nice.
Actually I don't think Krassis is in there. There's 4 Firespray cards, Kath, Boba, a generic PS5 Mandalorian, and what looks like a new PS6 unique pilot. Maybe the 6 is actually Krassis? It could be from what we can see of the name, which means they've changed his pilot skill from PS5 to 6. Interesting, verrrryyyy interestink.

I actually really like Boba's current ability, pairing it with engine upgrade gives you one slippery ship. Sure you don't use his ability as often as others, but it gives you that constant threat of just changing direction to suit you.
Boba + Engine + Veteran Instincts + Heavy Laser Cannon, comes to 51pts and is quite a nasty ship. Rebel captive is both competitive and theme-wise a perfect addition.

Is it just me, or does the IG-2000 look a little small to be considered a 'large' ship?

Last edited by ChaosRedCorsairLord; 08-18-14 at 05:18 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems > Fantasy Flight Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode