Fantasy Flight Games: X-Wing. - Page 21 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fantasy Flight Games Covering 'Star Wars: X-Wing', 'Star Wars: Armada', Warhammer 40,000: Conquest' etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 12:33 AM

TIE ADVANCED: Darth Vader (29)
Squad Leader ()
Proton Rockets ()
Stealth Device ()
TIE PHANTOM: "Echo" (30)
Marksmanship ()
Advanced Cloaking Device ()
Mercenary Copilot ()
TIE FIGHTER: Academy Pilot (12)
TIE FIGHTER: Academy Pilot (12)

Last edited by Tawa; 05-08-15 at 10:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 12:42 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Having been tinkering around on xwing builder, I really like finding those lists that synergise really well to make one man a beast. So I ended up coming up with this.

E Wing, Corran Horn, R2F2, Expert Handling, Experimental Interface, Enhanced Scopes. 44.

Headhunter, Airen Cracken, Marksmanship, Shield Upgrade. 26.

X Wing, Garven Dreis, Engine Upgrade. 30.

I know, for Corran's price I could get Lando in the Falcon, but the R2F2's action gives Horn +1 agility until the end of the turn. EI lets him do that for free. EH gives him the free barrel roll. Then he has his standard action to take. If he's within range 1 of Cracken he gets another free action. And then Dreis can pass a focus token to him if he's at range 1-2. Now, if I'm reading that right, Horn now has 5 actions to take per turn. I know he picks up 2 stress tokens if he uses all of them, but damn, he'd be pretty fun to play. Thoughts?
post #203 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 12:45 AM

@Khorne's Fist looks interesting. I was looking at a similar build but for scum. Still the new advanced coming out will make a lot of imp lists.

post #204 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 05:39 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Recently I gave in and started running a 2 ship list like the scum I am. This one has won me a couple tournaments/leagues recently:

34 Soontir w/ PtL + Autothrusters + Royal + Targeting Comp
65 Chiraneau w/ Engine + Predator + Ysanne + Gunner + Vadar

Usually I fly 4-6 ship joust lists, occasionally with a single ace pilot, however after flying this list I can see why people enjoy two ship lists. There's nothing quite like arc dodging all of the your opponents ships and seeing the shame and loathing on their face.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #205 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 06:15 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
E Wing, Corran Horn, R2F2, Expert Handling, Experimental Interface, Enhanced Scopes. 44.

Headhunter, Airen Cracken, Marksmanship, Shield Upgrade. 26.

X Wing, Garven Dreis, Engine Upgrade. 30.

I know, for Corran's price I could get Lando in the Falcon, but the R2F2's action gives Horn +1 agility until the end of the turn. EI lets him do that for free. EH gives him the free barrel roll. Then he has his standard action to take. If he's within range 1 of Cracken he gets another free action. And then Dreis can pass a focus token to him if he's at range 1-2. Now, if I'm reading that right, Horn now has 5 actions to take per turn. I know he picks up 2 stress tokens if he uses all of them, but damn, he'd be pretty fun to play. Thoughts?
You already have Barrel Roll, so Expert Handling won't give you stress - however you can't Barrel roll twice in one turn, so it effectively just upgrades your standard barrel roll. Your only source of stress would be activating R2-F2/MM via EI. However I absolutely would NEVER leave home without a Fire Control System on Corran, because of the crazy action economy it gives with his double taps. Marksmanship and a FCS means you're shooting with super-focus and a Target lock, at everything, except for the first shot you take at it. If you've got him near Dutch or Cracken, even better.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #206 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-11-15, 07:52 PM
Dazed and confused.

So this happened today. Hoping to get it on the table with my mates YT2400 on Thursday, up against his tie swarm. Gonna have to paint in some engine flare between now and then though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (515.6 KB, 2 views)
post #207 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-11-15, 08:25 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Don't joust with a TIE swarm. Fly in circles around a tight asteroid field so that he has to break up his formation to chase you. Turrets are tricky because you need to get out of the mindset of "I need to get closer, from the side or rear, to the enemy" that dominates most small ship movement.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #208 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-11-15, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Don't joust with a TIE swarm. Fly in circles around a tight asteroid field so that he has to break up his formation to chase you. Turrets are tricky because you need to get out of the mindset of "I need to get closer, from the side or rear, to the enemy" that dominates most small ship movement.
This.

My first time out with the Outrider was fucking awesome!!!! Pew! Pew! Asteroids? Ha! Obstacles? Nope! Pew! Pew!
I had a whale of a time with her and can't wait until the store league kicks up again on Thursday
Try out a mangler cannon on your 2400 if you want some serious shits and giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #209 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-11-15, 09:37 PM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'll keep this in mind. The one thing that makes me hesitate about a big ship list is the low number of attack dice. I know the big boys are tougher and can last longer, but I like rolling 10 attack dice per turn if I can, especially against those delicate ties.
post #210 of 245 (permalink) Old 05-12-15, 04:46 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
I'll keep this in mind. The one thing that makes me hesitate about a big ship list is the low number of attack dice. I know the big boys are tougher and can last longer, but I like rolling 10 attack dice per turn if I can, especially against those delicate ties.
It's always nice to roll a lot of attack dice, but it's also a question of quality. A big turret ship doesn't roll anywhere near the number of dice that a TIE mini-swarm rolls, but that turret can shoot every turn without fail. There's no missed opportunities because you passed the enemy and had to get them back in arc, or you were arc dodged, if they're in range you've got a shot. Add to that upgrades like Gunner/Luke and predator, and your turret can consistently get 3 hits, which cheap spammed ships can struggle to do. Engine Upgrade allows your turret to easily outpace and arc-dodge lower PS ships and is almost mandatory on any large based turret ship.

Turrets will always lose the joist game (except against other turrets), their strength is more in their consistency, manoeuvrability, and cost.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems > Fantasy Flight Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode