Fantasy Flight Games: X-Wing. - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fantasy Flight Games Covering 'Star Wars: X-Wing', 'Star Wars: Armada', Warhammer 40,000: Conquest' etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-20-14, 05:37 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

That advanced targeting computer may be the USP that the the TIE Advanced has been waiting for.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 04:52 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
That advanced targeting computer may be the USP that the the TIE Advanced has been waiting for.
A lot of people over at team covenant are excited for:

25 Tempest w/ X1 + Accuracy Corrector + Cluster Missiles
25 Tempest w/ X1 + Accuracy Corrector + Engine
21 Tempest w/ X1 + Accuracy Corrector

Given that the meta at the moment is very agility 0/1 heavy this will be great. I've been trying to figure out a way to make this work:

27 Tempest w/ X1 + Adv TC + Homing Missiles

Accuracy Corrector is probably better on the generics, but I just really like the concept of free(ish) crits.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #113 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 01:49 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

With the imminent release of Scum and Villainy in the next 3-4 weeks, I have been using the X Wing builder to cobble together some possible lists. An interesting one is two IG-2000's;

IG-88 - Veteran Instincts, Advanced Sensors, Heavy Laser Cannon, Feedback Array, IG-2000 title
IG-88B - Predator, Advanced Sensors, Heavy Laser Cannon, Feedback Array, IG-2000 title

100 points.

With the IG-2000 title, both ships benefit from the EPT's and become PS8, advanced sensors would allow them to perform an action before using Segnors Loop and incurring stress and I never leave home without a HLC.

Feedback array is interesting on IG-2000. Its a large based ship so needs to incur two ion tokens to be affected, plus the card says 'suffer one damage' Now unless I am being overly power-gamery, that isn't being a dealt a damage card so you could absorb the damage through shields. A handy card if you absolutely need something dead.

I absolutely love that the ships can benefit from other EPT's through the IG-2000 upgrade card. If you are playing 150-200 point matches, you could essentially have four EPT's on each ship. Hard freaking core.

Looking forward to Scum and Villainy a lot.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #114 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

You're a dirty dirty man......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #115 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-23-14, 05:23 AM

I think fantasy flight did well to make sure you can only take two IG-88s in a 100pt list.

I'm just excited for this combo:

Eat bombs bitches!

post #116 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-23-14, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Ooooh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #117 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-25-14, 04:26 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I just got the starter box from my girlfriend for Christmas....can't wait to get playing!!!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #118 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-25-14, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I just got the starter box from my girlfriend for Christmas....can't wait to get playing!!!
Oh you will be hooked.
I'm at 2 falcons, 2 phantoms a vader 4 tie's 2 interceptors x-wing, z95 the firespray, b and a wing aces, and tomorrow the outrider and decimator. (Christmas presents)

I've got a post around here on my mods... somewhere....

Last edited by mrknify; 12-28-14 at 04:19 AM.
post #119 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-29-14, 05:13 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

The downside of the Advanced is that no matter what you strap onto it, you can't escape it's dial. Which is awful. Played my first game with it today (Advanced, Bomber, 2x Fighters, 2x Interceptors, just for fun!) and it was being outmaneuvered by EVERYTHING. There's simply no good way to shed stress on there, and with the release of Mara Jade, Tactician et al, you NEED to be able to drop stress with something other than a straight move. Sure, you might find some combo with wingman or whatever, but then you're paying for a whole new ship just to counter your crap dial.

Which makes me sad, because like a lot of people, I would like Vader (or just an Advanced) leading my fighter swarm.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #120 of 245 (permalink) Old 12-29-14, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
The downside of the Advanced is that no matter what you strap onto it, you can't escape it's dial. Which is awful. Played my first game with it today (Advanced, Bomber, 2x Fighters, 2x Interceptors, just for fun!) and it was being outmaneuvered by EVERYTHING. There's simply no good way to shed stress on there, and with the release of Mara Jade, Tactician et al, you NEED to be able to drop stress with something other than a straight move. Sure, you might find some combo with wingman or whatever, but then you're paying for a whole new ship just to counter your crap dial.

Which makes me sad, because like a lot of people, I would like Vader (or just an Advanced) leading my fighter swarm.
Really, you think this dial is awful:

Don't ever use the hawk or shuttle man, you'll shit a brick. XD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems > Fantasy Flight Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode