Fantasy Flight Games: X-Wing. - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Fantasy Flight Games Covering 'Star Wars: X-Wing', 'Star Wars: Armada', Warhammer 40,000: Conquest' etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Having read through all of that......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 245 (permalink) Old 08-24-14, 03:45 AM

Cant wait to get the new faction.

Yes that is a bit of blood on the rust. Its for you know who....

I have 2 more ties to rust out.

post #93 of 245 (permalink) Old 10-07-14, 05:30 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

We've got some more spoilt cards from the upcoming scum and villainy release:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=5107

The most interesting thing from this teaser article is the info about the illicit upgrade. I thought it was going to be like the elite pilot talent upgrade, with only ace pilots having access to it, however it seems all scum ships/pilots have access to illicit upgrades (except the Y-wing, M3-A intercepter and non-Virago Starvipers). This seems to be the way Scum ships will distinguish themselves from the rebel/imperial shared ships.

First some headhunter pilot cards:

Nothing we didn't know already. N'dru Suhlak will make a great, cheap flanker with lone wolf, engine upgrade, and possibly cluster missiles.

Next some Y-wing love:

Not scum-specific, so rebel Y-wing bombers can finally take bombs. Limited Looks to be only one per ship to stop double bomb Y-wings.

The scum-specific salvaged astromechs were also spoilt:

Genius is easily my favourite, helping bombs become even more threatening, for free! Salvaged and unhinged seem to be scum spins on the two generic rebel 1pt astromechs. Salvaged, just like R5, makes Y-wing resistant to crits for a while. Unhinged allows the Y-wing to shed stress easier, albeit at a much faster speed than the R2. I think I prefer unhinged to R2 though, the increased speed makes it harder to block a stressed Y-wing with unhinged.

Finally we have some more illicit upgrades:

All very interesting. A one-shot turret could be very handy, allowing you to keep your opponent guessing whether you'll veer off and use use the turret, or be more predicable and keep them in arc to save the turret. Dead-mans switch is just funny, I can see someone running a cheap headhunter swarm with it, though I don't think that's the best use. Feedback array is another FU to low HP, high agility, maneuverable ships like the phantom/intercepter. Only dealing a single ion token means it synergies nicely with Firespray and IG-2000, still not sure I like this one.

Looks like lots of interesting stuff to come in the near future.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...

post #94 of 245 (permalink) Old 10-07-14, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
Feedback array is another FU to low HP, high agility, maneuverable ships like the phantom/intercepter. Only dealing a single ion token means it synergies nicely with Firespray and IG-2000, still not sure I like this one.
That could be quite tasty, as the IG-2000 can ignore the first Ion token assigned to it.......

Also, during our gaming session on Sunday. Rich and I discovered that @Logaan "tends to roll blanks".......

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

Last edited by Tawa; 10-07-14 at 12:22 PM.
post #95 of 245 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
That could be quite tasty, as the IG-2000 can ignore the first Ion token assigned to it.......
I don't know, it's a hard one. IG-2000 and Firesprays are good carriers because they can ignore one ion token and have high-ish HP, but they both have 3 red dice and the option to take a HLC, so do you really want to forgo their shooting to do just one damage? Hawks and headhunters have the opposite problem, they like having the guaranteed damage (especially against agility 3+), but don't like losing 20-25% of their HP and becoming ionised to do it. Y-wings might like it... except they can't take illicit, well played Fantasy Flight.

EDIT: I just read the card again and it works on ships you're in base-to-base with, interesting. 7 PS1 headhunters with feedback array clocks in at 98pts, which I can see being decent.

Accuracy corrector, deadman's switch, Feedback array and genius/bombs; foregoing the dice seems to be something the scum release is pushing... damn cheaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Also, during our gaming session on Sunday. Rich and I discovered that @Logaan "tends to roll blanks".......
Ha! you should see me roll green dice. Blanks... as far as the eye can see.

Last edited by ChaosRedCorsairLord; 10-08-14 at 06:18 AM.
post #96 of 245 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't know, it's a hard one. IG-2000 and Firesprays are good carriers because they can ignore one ion token and have high-ish HP, but they both have 3 red dice and the option to take a HLC, so do you really want to forgo their shooting to do just one damage?

Not particularly, but it could be a useful last resort I suppose.

Quote:
Ha! you should see me roll green dice. Blanks... as far as the eye can see.
It turned into a joke about "firing blanks" as well

Quote:
post #97 of 245 (permalink) Old 10-14-14, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

@Logaan ........

Quote:
post #98 of 245 (permalink) Old 10-15-14, 02:56 AM

That's awesome! That next turn though... All of the collisions, just all of them.

post #99 of 245 (permalink) Old 10-15-14, 10:32 PM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

that would take ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #100 of 245 (permalink) Old 10-16-14, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

One day. One day.....

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems > Fantasy Flight Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode