1k Eldar army, my next step - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-11, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Default 1k Eldar army, my next step

So, I'm going to upgrade my army to 1000p in maybe a month or so. I made a list, please give me feedback. Don't hesitate to flame it to hell

HQ;

Farseer with Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Doom, Guide - 135p

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Elites;

7 Howling Banshees with Exarch, Executioner, War Shout - 123p
Attached: Wave Serpent with Twin-linked Bright Lances - 135p

Troops;

10 Dire Avengers with Exarch, Dual Shuriken Catapults, Bladestorm - 152p

10 Guardians with Shuriken Cannon - 85p

5 Pathfinders - 120p

Heavy Support;

3 War Walkers with six Shuriken Cannons - 120p

Night Spinner - 115p

MODELCOUNT: 38
TOTAL: 1001p

The Farseer is there because Farseers are freaking awesome. I love them.

Howling Banshees is for dealing with the MEQ and TEQ I will inevitably go up against.

The Wave Serpent has Bright Lances because I will not use Fire Dragons, yet. They are metal, and I loathe metal models, so I will wait with them till they go finecast or plastic.

Dire Avengers for a decent troop choice. They devastated my friends in our 500p battles.

Guardians is mainly for a cheap scoring unit.

Pathfinders because they are very killy vs the Monstrous Creatures that will show up, and TEQ units.

The War Walkers are for an anti-Horde roll. I was first gonna put Scatter Lasers on it, but then I learned that I have to pay for each weapon, and it became too expensive... I will still put Scatter Lasers on it and proxy them as Shuriken Cannons. No way I will use those in higher points.

The Night Spinner is there instead of a Fire Prism, because I've heard that Fire Prisms are kinda useless by themselves. They should be taken in pairs because of the supported shot. And I will never use 2 Prisms, because I want War Walkers and Dark Reapers in my other to HS slots.

Last edited by Marzillius; 08-19-11 at 09:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-11, 02:05 PM

mynameisgrax's Flag is: USA

Not bad, but you really need a little more anti-vehicle shooting in the list. I'd either give the war walkers EML's, or trade the night spinner for a fire prism.

Also, it comes down to preference, but I think you'd be better off using a second unit of dire avengers in a wave serpent, rather than the pathfinders and guardians. You'd have to cut out both those units to afford the one unit of dire avengers, but I think it'd work a lot better. All in all, dire avengers are the best troop choice the Eldar have, and should probably always be taken in preference over the others.

Otherwise, everything looks good! Good luck!

The first casualty of war is neither innocence nor truth.

The first casualty of war is always subtlety.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-11, 05:04 PM

At 1000 points 2 troops are enough. Your Dire Avengers are going to get crushed moving across the board on foot. I would drop the DA's and the night spinner.

Add a scatter laser to your guardians, it has more shots and range. This allows them to hide better. Then take a falcon, EML, holo, spirit stones, 5 plain DAs in the Falcon with the farseer.

This will give you a hard to punch scoring unit with more anti-armor. The Farseer can guide the falcon and doom the banshees targets.

If you have enough points you can add a warlock to the guardians with embolden and a spear.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-11, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

I've thought about adding an EML to the Guardians, otherwise they will just sit there and be useless, as the Shuriken Cannon has 24" range...

I will not use DAVU however, sorry. It's simply not how Eldar works in the fluff, it's very much un-Eldary. I like to keep a somewhat amount of fluff in my army. Besides, I don't play competitively, and neither does anyone I play with

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode