1084pts to 1500pts competitive Eldar army - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-08, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default 1084pts to 1500pts competitive Eldar army

Ok here is my core Eldar army and i need to make it up to 1500pts and hopefully hard as nails in games terms as well

tell what you think of what i have all ready in the army list and what i really need or should take

Autarch 140pts
Eldar Jetbike
Mandiblasters
Laser Lance
Fusion Gun

6 Fire Dragons 96pts

6 Harlequins 162pts
6 Kisses
Shadowseer

3 Jetbikes 76pts
1 Shuriken Cannon

Vyper 70pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon

Falcon 185pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stone

Falcon 185pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stone

Fire Prism 170pts
Holo field
Spirit Stones
Shuriken Cannon

Ok dont hold back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-08, 07:33 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

You should add Vectored engines to the Fire Prism and Falcons. Also you need another Troop choice. Furthermore it would be best to get the Autarch a squad of Shining Spears to ride with to dramatically improve there danger level.

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Yeah a unit of 4 shining spears with exarch and withsraw are now certain as well as 3 Jetbikes with shuriken cannon so i will have something like this

Autarch 140pts
Eldar Jetbike
Mandiblasters
Laser Lance
Fusion Gun

6 Fire Dragons 96pts

6 Harlequins 162pts
6 Kisses
Shadowseer

3 Jetbikes 76pts
1 Shuriken Cannon

3 Jetbikes 76pts
1 Shuriken Cannon

Vyper 70pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon

4 Shining Spears 172pts
Exarch
Withdraw

Falcon 185pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stone

Falcon 185pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stone

Fire Prism 170pts
Holo field
Spirit Stones
Shuriken Cannon

=1332pts

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Im sure im missing something but what what do you suggest i was thinging of another 2 Units of 3 Jetbikes with Shuriken cannons or another viper and 3 Jetbikes with shuriken cannon or a unit of warp spiders
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-08, 05:04 PM

moc065's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minigiant View Post
Autarch 140pts
Eldar Jetbike
Mandiblasters
Laser Lance
Fusion Gun
This is solid for use along side the Spears (join units before assault) and for use as a tank-hunter.

Quote:
6 Fire Dragons 96pts
Upgrade one to an Exarch and give him the Dragons Breath Flamer and Crackshot. This would add serious diversity to the unit as they could then also be used on Tough Infantry, Units hiding in cover, crowd control, etc.

Quote:
6 Harlequins 162pts
6 Kisses
Shadowseer
I alos like mine configured like this but the upgrade of one to a Troupe Master with PW is not a bad idea if you have the points

Quote:
3 Jetbikes 76pts
1 Shuriken Cannon

3 Jetbikes 76pts
1 Shuriken Cannon
These arenice tight harrassment squads, but I would make one a little larger and more diverse to help with the armies synergy and overall effectiveness on tanks, crowds, etc; something like this.
(156) 5 JB's: 1 Shuricannon, includes a warlock with Destructor and Spear... you can also shave the unit down to 4 @ (134pts) if your really tight on points, although the 5 JB units does work better and can ignore its first casualty from enemy fire.

Quote:
Vyper 70pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Solid, you can also config with a single EML if you need to shave points and want to use the range, instead of Mass firepower...I personnally would keep it like you have it though.

Quote:
4 Shining Spears 172pts
Exarch
Withdraw
Math, its (177) Other than that I would suggest adding S-Rider as you will tend to assault a lot of figure that try to use cover... Why take casualties from D-terrain tests.

Quote:
Falcon 185pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stone

Falcon 185pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Obviously for the Harlequins and FD's... I would certainly add Vectored Engines on both... but if you want to shave points, just trim off the shuri-cannon upgrade and/or trim the Scatter down to a Shuri-can (its range is not great anyway, and the Falcon will tend to be shaken often)
Spirit Stone

Quote:
Fire Prism 170pts
Holo field
Spirit Stones
Shuriken Cannon
I would certainly add Vetrored Engines here as well, and although I never use the shuri-can upgrade, I know that many like it... I just tend to use this vehicle at range, or with Max move as a Tank-shocker if the big gun is gone.

If you take all the things into account that I mentioned I think you will be very close to 1500pts.... anyway, the final choice is yours; but having min/max JB's is simply not required and generally not that effective. 1 squad is fine, the other should be bigger, and better.... Oh an dif there is anyone thing that I think is missing it would have to be a Farseer on Jetbike with Runes of Warding... the psycher suppression can be game winning (Lash whips, etc) but for that your list would undergo major changes, and your playstyle would also have to be serioulsy modified.

I hope that helpsyou out.

Cheers and Happy Gaming.

Oh and since I have been asked to not write in Red Ink (Some people finding it offensive) which I did for "Fluff" reasons; Saim-Hann being my principle army. Anyway, just to let others know, I personnnally don't find coloured writing offensive, but I do dislike overuse of profanity, and/or poor grammer & spelling

Visit my Website

Last edited by moc065; 04-20-08 at 01:37 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Ok thanks ill re write it soon and post up the list with comments THank You
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Autarch 140pts
Eldar Jetbike
Mandiblasters
Laser Lance
Fusion Gun

[QUOTE=moc065;98153]This is solid for use along side the Spears (join units before assault) and for use as a tank-hunter.

Ok this is dead on i find im rock solid along side spears (and when in full unit with farseer and fortune(drools a little))

6 Fire Dragons 96pts

Upgrade one to an Exarch and give him the Dragons Breath Flamer and Crackshot. This would add serious diversity to the unit as they could then also be used on Tough Infantry, Units hiding in cover, crowd control, etc.

Ok this was in my original list and has been a heated debate on other forums and within my friends

6 Harlequins 162pts
6 Kisses
Shadowseer

I alos like mine configured like this but the upgrade of one to a Troupe Master with PW is not a bad idea if you have the points

Personally i dont like doing that it just never works for me and i didnt have the points

3 Jetbikes 76pts
1 Shuriken Cannon

3 Jetbikes 76pts
1 Shuriken Cannon

These arenice tight harrassment squads, but I would make one a little larger and more diverse to help with the armies synergy and overall effectiveness on tanks, crowds, etc; something like this.
(156) 5 JB's: 1 Shuricannon, includes a warlock with Destructor and Spear... you can also shave the unit down to 4 @ (134pts) if your really tight on points, although the 5 JB units does work better and can ignore its first casualty from enemy fire.

I like this idea as it can multy task and fill in gaps where required it can also hold up units until the Harlies or Spears get there

Vyper 70pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon

Solid, you can also config with a single EML if you need to shave points and want to use the range, instead of Mass firepower...I personnally would keep it like you have it though.

Agree

4 Shining Spears 172pts
Exarch
Withdraw

Math, its (177) Other than that I would suggest adding S-Rider as you will tend to assault a lot of figure that try to use cover... Why take casualties from D-terrain tests.

Oops on the points yes i will do that makes alot of sense

Falcon 185pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stones

Falcon 185pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stones

Obviously for the Harlequins and FD's... I would certainly add Vectored Engines on both... but if you want to shave points, just trim off the shuri-cannon upgrade and/or trim the Scatter down to a Shuri-can (its range is not great anyway, and the Falcon will tend to be shaken often)

Makes sense and oh my grav tanks get shaken all the time(are the agony)

Fire Prism 170pts
Holo field
Spirit Stones
Shuriken Cannon

I would certainly add Vetrored Engines here as well, and although I never use the shuri-can upgrade, I know that many like it... I just tend to use this vehicle at range, or with Max move as a Tank-shocker if the big gun is gone.

I find the shuriken cannon can be very effective as a lazy opponent leaves up the side of his vehicle and it stills does what it was attended but tank shocking rarely works for me but ill give that a try
I agree vectored engines are probaly required

So heres the final list

Autarch 140pts
Eldar Jetbike
Mandiblasters
Laser Lance
Fusion Gun

6 Fire Dragons 113pts
Exarch
DBL crack shot

6 Harlequins 162pts
6 Kisses
Shadowseer

3 Jetbikes 76pts
1 Shuriken Cannon

4 Jetbikes 156pts
1 Shuriken Cannon
Warlock
Destructor
Singing spear

Vyper 70pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon

4 Shining Spears 187pts
Exarch
Withdraw
Skilled rider

Falcon 205pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stone
vectored engines

Falcon 205pts
Scatter Laser
Shuriken Cannon
Holo field
Spirit Stone
vectored engines

Fire Prism 170pts
Holo field
Spirit Stones
Vectored engines

For this list i had to drop the shuriken cannon from the Fire prism and only took 4 Jetbikes because of points

Im know im going to struggle against necrons has anyone got any ideas on tactics to do this

I have a game soon and must finish the 2nd Falcon by Tues(mental reminder)
I ll let you know i got on against his Imperial guard
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 08:43 PM

moc065's Flag is: Canada

To beat Necrons you need to go all or nothing, either do complete Subversive slowly picking out his guys while taking few casuatlies... or go balls to the walls and hope for the best (use target priority in this one for sure)... Necrons can be very diverse at this points range, so its th=ough to tell you what to do.... but, eliminate entire units at a time to try and remove WBB potential,,,, seperate his units from simular units, again limiting WBB,,,, Ignore Mono or drop it fast, and there can be no half measure on this one,,, If you can single out or assault his Lord(s) then do it early and take them down, as their support is often game winning for Necrons.

Hope that helps.

Cheers and Happy Gaming.

Oh and since I have been asked to not write in Red Ink (Some people finding it offensive) which I did for "Fluff" reasons; Saim-Hann being my principle army. Anyway, just to let others know, I personnnally don't find coloured writing offensive, but I do dislike overuse of profanity, and/or poor grammer & spelling

Visit my Website
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-08, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Ok ill report back as soon as possible with results
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-08, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Ok I won with a major victory against the guard army
my first falcon blow up the hellhound and delivered the fire dragons to blow up the battle tank and demolisher.
The Other falcon and Fire Prism slaughtered the infantry and let the Harlies rip on the guard while the Shining spears finished them off with the autarch destroying the chimera overall it was a great game with some luck

only losing 4 Harlies 2 Dragons Vyper and 5 Jetbikes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode