-Missile Launcher

Heavy Support 3: Falcon : 210
-Vectored engines
-Star Engines
-Holo-fields
-Spirit Stones
-Scatter Laser

Army Total: 1449
Yes I know this list is bad and unfair, but I won a game with it that put me in first place in my League. As soon as I beat the leader he challenged me and won using drop-pods with plasma and melta weapons ( I won Fanatic, though). I just wanted to know if this list has been floating around because I don't think I came up with this on my own because I'm a noob.

Those who ask questions only train themselves in asking questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-08, 11:32 PM

moc065's Flag is: Canada

I posted a list very simular to this a while back on 40konline... It does look hardcore and it will win a fair number of games; but you better hope that you don't run into some-one that understands how to rape it...as when it fails it fails hard. I actually have beat very simular lists in tournaments (twice now) with a much more balanced Saim-Hann list, and I never got hurt in the "soft scores" as the Flying Circus will. Would you like me to show you how to make it stronger (your math is off by the way - your Harlies squads are 178pts), or would you like me to show you how to exploit it...Severely ?

CaHG

Cheers and Happy Gaming.

Oh and since I have been asked to not write in Red Ink (Some people finding it offensive) which I did for "Fluff" reasons; Saim-Hann being my principle army. Anyway, just to let others know, I personnnally don't find coloured writing offensive, but I do dislike overuse of profanity, and/or poor grammer & spelling

Visit my Website
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-08, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

If you really wanted to you could post both. I would like to see it stronger because the HQ is just filler. Also, a shadowseer can't take a harliequin kiss? Because if it can't I got 15 more points I can use on my Autarch. Oh, and the guy I beat was surprised I beat him, but then He whipped out his drop-pods with muti-malta and plasma guns destroyers, with a troop of attack squad and terminators and a librarian with vail of time. He either saw that list before, with I doubt because he said he could now complain about a three falcon list, or the pods are that good.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-08, 03:18 AM

The shadow seer is just like and upgraded Harlie. Your pretty much buying a kiss and a shadowseer for one of your models, the rest just get kisses. So 6 harlies with a shadow seer = 6 kisses.

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-08, 08:36 PM

Here is the list I posted

HQ - 263
(140) "Solitaire" Autarch on Jetbike, Laser Lance, Mandiblasters, and Fusion Gun.
(123) "Greater Harliquin" Farseer on Jetbike, Mindwar, Runes of Warding, and a Singin Spear.

Elite - 534
(178) 6 Harlequins: Troupe Master with Power Weapon, Shadowseer, and 5 Kisses.

Troops - 152
(76) 3 Jetbikes: 1 Shuri-can
(76) 3 Jetbikes: 1 Shuri-can

Fast Atack - 140
(70) Vyper: Scatterlaser and Shuri-can
(70) Vyper: Scatterlaser and Shuri-can

Heavy Support - 660
(220) Falcon: Pulse, Scatterlaser, Shuri-Can, Holo-field, Vec Engiens, Stones, and Star Engines.
(220) Falcon: Pulse, Scatterlaser, Shuri-Can, Holo-field, Vec Engiens, Stones, and Star Engines.

Totals 1749pts, 10 Scoring Units, 31 Figures.

And everything is actually "Flying" so its a little more in theme.

Shadowseers certainly can take a Kiss, if they choose to.

Your list lacks Psycher Suppression, Anti-tank, and Horde Control (think of the new Orcs) Mine is also lacking; but its not actually mine its the one I played against and beat Twice.

I will add the list I used and how I beat it later.

CaHG

Cheers and Happy Gaming.

Oh and since I have been asked to not write in Red Ink (Some people finding it offensive) which I did for "Fluff" reasons; Saim-Hann being my principle army. Anyway, just to let others know, I personnnally don't find coloured writing offensive, but I do dislike overuse of profanity, and/or poor grammer & spelling

Visit my Website
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-08, 10:13 PM

Okay, only a few things I dislike.

1) Drop star engines, they aren't really that useful. Good in concept, bad in practice. Like many things in life...
2) Take Scatter Lasers+Shurri cannons on your Falcons. It eliminates the whole '2 primary weapon' thing, and you get a ton of shots at S6.
3) Take Pathfinders. This is priceless, their improved improved coversave is amazing, and the AP1 shots are damn nice too.

That's about it.

-J
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-08, 08:08 PM

Yes and Necrons, Tank heavy armies, Chaos Bombs, and Other Eldar will still tear your list apart in many cases.

No but serioulsy, its not a "Flying Circus" with ground troops; so first off you should swap out the footsloggers or change the name.
Now the list needs the Autarch for escalation, and a Farseer with RoWarding for psycher suppression.
the Vypers are bad as is and should be reconfigured,
the Falcons are overdone and should be streamlined,
there is too much repatition,
there is not enough anti-tank, etc.

The list I showed has some simular flaws, although it does make up for some of them (a little). And both lists are "One trick Ponies" that can easily be exploited by smart Generals with sound tactica.

Quote:
HQ
Autarch: 110, - Jetbike -BansheeMask -Scorpion Chainsword -Avenger Shuriken Catapult
OK, first off the Banshee mask is a near waste of points as the Autarch's Init is normally enough to get your attacking first, so the Mandiblaster is better to gain an extra attack.
Next the Laser Lance is so much more suited to the JB as it hits with str=6 PW, on the charge, and lets face it, it he gets assaulted you are doing something wrong.
Finnally, the Cats are crap, he comes with Cats on the JB... so why not go for a Fusion-Gun to get some anti-tank or a Reaper Launcher for ranged AP=3 shooting.

Then in your HQ you really should have some sort of a RoWarding Farseer to shut down enemy Psychers ore things like Duel lash whip Chaso Bombs (and others) will tear you to shreds.

Quote:
ELITES
Harlequins 6:183 - Harlequin Kiss -Troupe master (kiss) -Shadowseer
Your math is of, the squads are 178pts (really). but you don't need three of them, two are fine and then you should get a third squad that gets you that dedicated anti-tank that the list so serioulsy needs: something like,
(113) 6 Fire Dragons: Exarch has Dragons Breath Flamer and Crackshot.
Now this unit can drop almost any vehicle with a "Drive-By" action; but the Flamer and CS make it super diverse for those times you run into Terminator heavy armies, or the guys that have Dev or Havoc squads set up in cover.

Quote:
TROOPS
Troops 1: Rangers 5 : 95
Troops 2: Rangers 5 : 95
Now here hte # pack JB squad is way better suited to the list as it provide shooting; but it also adds unts that can run as blockers or VP Denial. I would even go so far as to upgrade onoe the JB units to something like:
(134) 4 JBs: 1 Shuri-cannon, Warlcok has Destructor and Spear.
Again things like this add anti-tank, and the Flamer (Power) is serious on crowd control, etc... its also small enough to hide easily enough.

Quote:
HEAVY SUPPORT
Heavy Support 1: Falcon : 225 -Vectored engines -Star Engines -Holo-fields -Spirit Stones -Bright Lance
Heavy Support 2: Falcon: 215 -Vectored engines -Star Engines -Holo-fields -Spirit Stones -Missile Launcher
Heavy Support 3: Falcon : 210 -Vectored engines -Star Engines -Holo-fields -Spirit Stones -Scatter Laser
Now, an Falcon with a NON-defensive weapon beside teh Pulse laser is a waste, so the Bl shouldn't be there, and probably the EML can go as well. then you should consider that they are "Transports" first and not Gun-ships as a smart enemy will keep them shaken (at least) for most of the game. I woudl trim them down to something like:
(195) Falcon: Pulse, Scatter & Cat (or 2 Shuri-cans), HF, SS, VE... or
(185) Falcon: Pulse, Shuri-can, HF, SS, VE....

Now if youfind that you have points to spare at this point, then you add things like Star Engines, or a Vyper or two (always as single figure units) with an EML, or Scatter/Shuri-can to add shooting and target options. I hope that makes sense to your guys, Should I go on as to how your original list would get "Raped" by certain enemy lists or is it obvious at this point ?

CaHG

Cheers and Happy Gaming.

Visit my Website

Last edited by moc065; 04-12-08 at 12:51 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-08, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, I'll go ahead and try to make a better list at 2000pts, because there is only so much you can put in a 1500pt list. I would drop star engines, but they have saved my tanks in so many games I get them out of habit. I'll go ahead and not take them. As with horde control, I really can't think of any other way other than to get missile launchers (because of pinning) and scatter lasers. And for the repetitiveness, well; there are only so many flying units If you still have any ideas throw them out here.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-08, 12:54 AM

You ninja'd me as I was writing so read the thread above yours.

Cheers and 1500pts can be seriously strong for Eldar, oh and there are actually loads of flying units.

Cheers and Happy Gaming.

Visit my Website
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-08, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

I didn’t even think of not having a 3rd harle troupe. Since I really want this to be about harles and flying stuff I'll keep them. Then I make a practical list that will do good. Oh, by the way, that list you made is awesome. And Smilies=sarcasm <-(not that)
I'll go ahead and try to put that up soon, at least by tomorrow.

Last edited by Lucus009; 04-12-08 at 04:30 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode