EML
Guardians*10
EML
Heavy:
Fire prism
S.Stones
Holo-Fields

total:987

I would stick the Farseer in the DA unit for the guide/doom combo.
That should put a dent in hoard armies. This also makes them more versatile than most other troops (this also makes them more of a target for fire). The harles would counter assault. The guardians are pretty good with there assault EML (lol). The prism would sit back and take care of the armor the opponent has. everything was thought of. I've been tossing this up in head for a while now and I just wanted to see if I had over looked anything

Those who ask questions only train themselves in asking questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-09, 06:07 PM

Crimson_Chin's Flag is: USA

prisms aren't great for armor, honestly if you want to go hunting a falcon will serve you better. More shots, you can put a lance on it, and it doesn't scatter like the blasts from the fire prism do.

Don't get me wrong - I love fire prisms, and take at least one every game. But they are not really tank killers. They either turn MEQ to dust with small templates, or turn GEQ to dust with large templates. So yeah, for that price I'd try to field a falcon (or even a wave serpent as a dedicated transport, give it twin lances) for tank hunting.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-09, 03:59 AM

Just one tiny thing... A fire prism with stones and holo field is 160 not 155.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 12:35 AM

sir_m1ke's Flag is: United Kingdom

In a game this small, i wouldn't worry about giving your farseer so many powers. yours is a shooting army, so just stick with guide as his power. Stripping away the other two powers and the spirit stones gives you another 75 points worth of troops to play with

also, i would change the EML in the guardian squads to scatter lasers, saves more points. 1 shot at BS3 is not worth the points for it each turn
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 04:04 PM

I disagree, I find that the blast use of the EML with guardians is all in all more effective than scatter lasers. There is a chance to hit, even with scatter rolls and the AP 4 will make up for the loss of 2 STR compared to the Scat Laser's AP 6
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Chin View Post
prisms aren't great for armor, honestly if you want to go hunting a falcon will serve you better. More shots, you can put a lance on it, and it doesn't scatter like the blasts from the fire prism do.

Don't get me wrong - I love fire prisms, and take at least one every game. But they are not really tank killers. They either turn MEQ to dust with small templates, or turn GEQ to dust with large templates. So yeah, for that price I'd try to field a falcon (or even a wave serpent as a dedicated transport, give it twin lances) for tank hunting.
I have a whole bunch of horde army's to play against, otherwise I would of got a falcon. I would of given it a EML though, instead of a shot being wasted on 1-3, it scatters. (witch is funner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styro-J View Post
Just one tiny thing... A fire prism with stones and holo field is 160 not 155.
Didn't even notice, lol. Good thing I have enough points left

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_m1ke View Post
In a game this small, i wouldn't worry about giving your farseer so many powers. yours is a shooting army, so just stick with guide as his power. Stripping away the other two powers and the spirit stones gives you another 75 points worth of troops to play with

also, i would change the EML in the guardian squads to scatter lasers, saves more points. 1 shot at BS3 is not worth the points for it each turn
As for the Farseer....I wanted to make the DA's more durable. And I like the guide/doom combo with the DA's, it's just nasty. Also the Harlies usually needs a doomed unit if it's fresh and I have no other choice but to assault.

Thanks, even though I pretty much said no to all your ideas. I'll try out a new list with the advice I got here-Falcons, scatter lasers, and less powers on the Farseer

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 06:21 PM

LOKI_DE's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you want shooty take 3 fire prisms.Thts enough shooting because they can combine fire, 2 will massacre a marine squad easily. and with three shots u could actually use em as tank hunters. i think that falcons arnt good at tank hunting at all because they only have bs3.

Speed beats strength Slannesh is ma mum dont dis

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKI_DE View Post
If you want shooty take 3 fire prisms.Thts enough shooting because they can combine fire, 2 will massacre a marine squad easily. and with three shots u could actually use em as tank hunters. i think that falcons arnt good at tank hunting at all because they only have bs3.
I know what you mean. I really don't use falcons as much as I did in 4th. The point value of three Prisms...it would insane to try and fit them in a workable list. I only have one prism also.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 06:44 PM

LOKI_DE's Flag is: United Kingdom

y would it b insane, itd be awesome. im gonna use it. use them and dire avengers and a farseer itd be a brilliant list. i mainly want to use 3 fire prisms beacuse my friend plays tau and i wanna wipe his firewarriors off the face of the earth. obv seen as he uses 3 hammerheads im plannin on takin a few fire dragons. i dunno yet. Plus if i was you i would swap your halequins for banshees as they are cheaper and in 5th edition rending isnt as effective as it used to be.

Speed beats strength Slannesh is ma mum dont dis

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 09:21 PM

sir_m1ke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucus009 View Post
As for the Farseer....I wanted to make the DA's more durable. And I like the guide/doom combo with the DA's, it's just nasty. Also the Harlies usually needs a doomed unit if it's fresh and I have no other choice but to assault.

Fair play. It's just your farseer can only use 2 powers a turn so i didnt see the point in having 3 powers, thats wasted points every turn. Personally, i would take guide and fortune in that case and park in cover- re-rolled cover saves and re-rolled hits is a nasty objective holder, especially if combined with bladestorm

best of luck with your list!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode