1700 pts Eldar - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-16-09, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Refyougee's Flag is: Canada

Default 1700 pts Eldar

I've got a tournament coming up in February and here's what I have at the moment:

Eldrad - 210

Wraithguard X10 - 350
Spiritseer with Conceal - 46

Fire Dragon X10 - 172
-Exarch, Dragon's Breath

Wave Serpent - 120
-Scatter Laser, Spirit Stones

Fire Dragon X10 - 172
-Exarch, Dragon's Breath

Wave Serpent - 120
-Scatter Laser, Spirit Stones

Dire Avenger X9 - 140
-Exarch, DSC, Bladestorm

Dire Avenger X9 - 140
-Exarch, DSC, Bladestorm

Fire Prism - 115

Fire Prism - 115

1700 points, 10 KP, 55 models, 3 scoring units

I am not 100% on the DB with the FD Exarchs but I digress; the idea is to use the WG and Eldrad as a focal point for my opponent's weapons. With Fortune they become very difficult to bring down and that is primordial to keeping an objective; my DAs provide more scoring choices and are key to taking down GEQs and even MEQs through volume of fire. The Prisms also work horde control but can obviously destroy tanks as well.

I've gone heavy on the Fire Dragons because of how many armies focus on 5-10 man squads of tough baddies; things like Bloodcrushers, Biker Nobz and others cannot weather 9-18 Meltagun shots. Things like Carnifexes, Wraithlords and the like will also crumble versus the FDs, and I have included the DBF in the hopes of taking more figures out if I face a horde of Orks or Nids.

Against MEQs and the like the Dragons are still good, obliterating them easily and insta-killing many of their commanders. The idea is to keep at least one transport near Eldrad so I can Guide the Dragons on a turn that they need to go out; 8 shots hitting instead of 6 (on average) is a big deal and if both squads are Guided they will kill something like half of a squad of Biker Nobz, which is not too shabby at all.

I am of course designing my army with Orks primarily in mind but things like Lash are also taken into account; Eldrad's RoW help alot with that and FDs also excel at wiping out the Plague Marines that have become staples in those builds.

So, what are everyone's thoughts on this army?

Read mah blawg

Plays:
Space Wolves, Space Marines, Blood Angels, Tyranids, Daemonhunters, Eldar, Tau
Lizardmen
Cryx

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode