Rangers*5
*pathfinders

Falcon
*Fully loaded
**S.L.

Falcon
*Fully loaded
**S.L.

I was going to put the Farseers in with the Dire Avengers. Since Ork boys lose their armor from the D.A.catapult I was going to set up a sort of "gun-line" between my rangers and his orks. Strategy changes as game play occurs, but I feel that barely anything will get past the D.A. with re roll's for hits and wounds (That turn I can't shot is going to hurt though, if I take it).

The rangers take the objective I've set up in a building, or some other out of the way place, and the other will sit next to an objective he sat out, if he leaves it unprotected.

The Harle's will have the falcons drop them off in a secluded area and they will make there way to the lootas, or if he doesn't have anything that stays back I will engage dwindled down orks, from shooting, and make sure they can't score.

It would be great to get some feed back, but I'm not going to play this game until about a month from now, so feel free to drop in every once in awhile as I will be making changes every now and again. Don't be to brutal and thanks in advance.

Those who ask questions only train themselves in asking questions

Last edited by Lucus009; 11-30-08 at 02:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-08, 12:01 PM

erm a couple of things.

your farseers are 110 points not 210 lol and i would maybe think about swopping 1 guide for an eldritch storm (they can be very usful when combined with doom)

i would think about getting a deathjester in both harlie troupes (your really only want them as a counter attacking unit)

i would also drop the 2 units of pathfinders for more direavengers or gaurdians with skatter lasers as they just dont have the amount of shots that you need when facing orks.

and for your falcon i would proberly only have spirit stones and 2 shurken cannons on them but depending on what shooting the orks have you may want holo-fields as well.

points saved i would think about getting a waveserpent for your dire avengers.

my 2 cents hope it helps
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-08, 12:45 PM

Spot The Grot's Flag is: United Kingdom

You should try scatter laser armed warwalkers , guide them with a farseer and you will kill on average 15 orks. Against orks scatter lasers are you best friend. Pathfinders won't that effective as they will casue minumal casulties and due to mobbing up will have no hope on pinning them.What about some guardians? Cheap hold the objective and can carry a scatter laser.Or even more avengers but i would go for some guardians and with any speare points try and get some warwalkers.

My fear with this army is that you will not casue enough casulties before the orks get too close.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-08, 03:33 AM

H0RRIDF0RM's Flag is: USA

I wouldn't bother with 2 Farseers. Take Eldrad for 10 points cheaper then both and for 1 less Pyshic Power a turn you get all the Pyshic Powers, Mind War for getting ride of Power Klaws, Eldritch Storm for the occassion, and Fortune to protect units about to assualt.

I can see where you're going with the Falcon/Harlequin combo, but the fact is that you wont get the Lootah's before they shoot, in which case those lootah's will probably damage your main force.

I would probably take 2 Prisms with Shuriken Cannons, Holo-Fields, and Spirit Stones since they can pretty much sit all the way back and drop Large Blasts on those Lootahs while staying out of return fire range. This is also saves you 40 points per model.

I also dont think Harlquins are worth taking against Orcs. Striking Scorpions are great for Ork Killing. Same volume of attacks at consistant strength and the all mighty 3+ armor save for holding purposes. You could grab 7 Scorpions, and Exarch with Chainsabres for 8 less points a unit.

I'm assuming you have low Anti-Vehicle in your list because your opponent doesnt use high armor vehicles so I will run with that. Drop both squads of Pathfinders for a 10 man Guardian Squads with Scatter Laser, and a Warlock with Destructor. They can definately hold down some ruins/objectives and are much more able to deal with Orcs at long range and especially close range.

You now have enough points for 7 Warp Spiders, and an Exarch with Power Blades/Extra Death Spinner/Withdraw. The trick is to use the manuverability of the Warp Spiders to get the drop on the Orcs. Warp Spiders can shoot em up, Assualt, and Withdraw to a fresh target leaving the remaining Orcs for clean up. As long as you dont get to ballsy your Warp Spiders should survive with minimum casualties.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode