Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Unsual build - 1500 points

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Farseer Naali 
#1 · (Edited)
Now I'm fairly settled on something like this, a skimmer-less footdar list, but am still looking for input on how to improve it. Like if some unit just doesn't fit and what would instead strengthen the army's synergy, or what kind of armies or units you think I might struggle against and suggestions on what to do to better cope with these, etcetera :)

Special mention about the banshees; I originally had 10 of them but had to cut their numbers due to the points increase of reapers and psychers in the Big FAQ. But even though they will be less efficient at tarpitting now, I'd still like to keep them unless there's a compelling argument on how else to spend the points. This is because I've also created quite some lore around this, such as the autarch being mentored by Arhathain - an alaitoc autarch specialized in the paths of the dire avenger, dark reaper and howling banshee. And also it's about a small outcast alaitoc force aiding and eventually teaming up with the few iyanden survivours stuck on an ice world. Why I want both an iyanden and an alaitoc detachment. But enough of that. Here's the list, hope you enjoy!

BATTALION DETACHMENT- Alaitoc

HQ:
Autarch w/ Reaper launcher, Star glaive, Forceshield, Shuriken pistol, Banshee mask, Warlord trait: MotIH
Farseer w/ Singing spear, Shuriken pistol, Doom, Executioner

TROOPS:
5 Rangers
5 Rangers
10 Dire Avengers. Exarch w/ Power glaive and Shuriken pistol. (To match Autarch = fit with the lore. Also looks cool, and trading one catapult for some CC capability won't make a huge difference)

ELITES:
6 Howling Banshees. Exarch w/ Mirrorswords.

HEAVY SUPPORT:
5 Dark Reapers. Exarch w/ Tempest launcher

SPEARHEAD DETACHMENT- Iyanden

HQ:
Spiritseer w/ Witch staff, Shuriken pistol, Quicken/Restrain, Remnant of glory: Psytronome of Iyanden.

ELITES:
5 Wraithblades w/ Ghostaxes and Forceshields

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Wraithlord w/ 2 Shuriken cannons, 2 Flamers, Ghostglaive
Wraithlord w/ 2 Eldar missile launchers, 2 Flamers
1 War Walker w/ 2 Bright lances
1 War Walker w/ 2 Bright lances

TOTAL POINTS: 1499

I won't go into full detail on tactics, but please ask me to elaborate on stuff if you're curious or confused. Litteraly any C&C is appreciated.

Thanks for reading! :D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.