Eldar/Dark Eldar 2000 list (no D no gargantuan) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-16, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Default Eldar/Dark Eldar 2000 list (no D no gargantuan)

So I have been playing 40k for less than a year. I run an Eldar army mainly based around mass fire power and rushing with cheap high chance to wound units. After 12 different versions, i have came out with this list where i teamed up with Dark Eldar.

Combined Arms
HQ
Farseer

Elites
5x Fire Dragons

Troops
10 Eldar Gaurdians w/ Bright lance
3x Windriders w/ scatter laser
3x Windriders w/ scatter laser

Heavy support
3x War Walkers w/ dual scatter lasers

Apsect host
9x Dire Avengers w/Exarch
Wave serpent w/ Bright Lance, Shuriken cannon & holo-feilds
9x Dire Avengers w/Exarch
Wave serpent w/ Bright Lance, Shuriken cannon & holo-feilds
6x Warp Spiders w/Exarch

Allied detachment (Dark Eldar)
HQ
Archon w/ Webway portal

Troops
9x Kabalite Warriors 1xKW with blaster in Raider w/ Dark Lance and Splinter Racks
9x Kabalite Warriors 1xKW with blaster in Raider w/ Dark Lance and Splinter Racks

Fast Attack
Beastmaster
5x khymera
2x razorwing Flock
1x Beast master

Unbound (Dark Eldar)
Fast Attack
Raider w/ Dark Lance (for DA)
Raider w/ Dark Lance (for DA)

Every thing is stock unless specified. The tournament that i play this in allows unbound as long as it isn't abused but the only real restriction is no D weapons and no gargantuan.

My main tactic is to destroy any tanks/ monstrous creatures that may pose a threat to the raiders while my DA and KW eliminate troops that also pose a threat (mainly devastators grrr). Farseer is used to give guide, fortune (hopefully) and the pirmaris power to divination (forgot name).

This is my first list post on this website and would like any feedback on how to make it more solid.

Last edited by Hemi-pwr; 05-06-16 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-16, 09:47 AM

Hi, I don't know if you've seen the FAQ drafts yesterday, it doesn't look like the FD can start in the venom or the DA in the raiders. They'll have to embark on turn 1.
Also squads firing from a skimmer that moved more than 6" can only snap shot

Of course, if you've already seen the faq's then this doesn't matter

I like the list though - what armies are you likely to face?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-16, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

astra millitarum, sisters, necrons and Dark angels with flyers.i play this list a lot with these few armies and alwys have a problem with asta millitarum due to its anti-tank shots. either than that, I love bladestorming necrons and shooting guided scatterlasers at flyers.

I thought they could embark on those transports but if not, I have an idea. if anything, keeping the DA in their wave serpent is going to be my best bet and having an empty raider close by. when the DA take out a unit when they disembark from the WS, next tern they will enter a raider. Good plan?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-16, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-pwr View Post
astra millitarum, sisters, necrons and Dark angels with flyers.i play this list a lot with these few armies and alwys have a problem with asta millitarum due to its anti-tank shots. either than that, I love bladestorming necrons and shooting guided scatterlasers at flyers.

I thought they could embark on those transports but if not, I have an idea. if anything, keeping the DA in their wave serpent is going to be my best bet and having an empty raider close by. when the DA take out a unit when they disembark from the WS, next tern they will enter a raider. Good plan?

They could start embarked literally until yesterday when the 41 pages or so of FAQ's were released on GW's facebook page.

Disembarking from the wave serpent and embarking on the raider mid game will slow you down IMO.

I'd just keep the squad behind the WS on turn one out of LOS and embark on the raider straight away. Then you wouldn't have movement issues mid game.
I'd do the same for the fire dragons with the venom.

If you dropped eldrad down to a normal farseer and took out the venom - would that give you enough points to get an Archon with a webway portal?
Then you'd get the archon and the fire dragons in via non scatter deepstrike?
It's a suicide unit - but an effective one
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-16, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

after playing around with my list, i finally came up with another. look at my edit to see. I have never played with a melee unit before but i was left with exactly 100pts after i got rid of my warlock. So looking at units, i didn't see many units that can fill 100pts exactly exept for Beast master and Night Spinners. after debating myself i chose to go with a beast master to hopefully attract some fire if i don't have 1st turn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode