Need some help with deciding on a Saim Hann list (2k, with pictures) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-15, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Default Need some help with deciding on a Saim Hann list (2k, with pictures)

So here's my conundrum: I want to build a Saim Hann list. I've posted it before. It's mostly fluffy, but I also would like something competitive without being 'OMGWraithknight' or something like that. No, I will not completely spam Scatter lasers, and at least for right now, I want to skip Forgeworld (my Tau is my FW-heavy army).

I have it narrowed down to 4 lists, which are all fairly similar, but I'd really like some assistance in deciding.

List 1: This is currently my first choice. It runs 2 CADs, the Aspect Host Formation, Crimson Death Formation, and Faolchu's Blade. So obviously, LOTS of detachments, etc.

List 2: This one only uses one CAD, and no Aspect Host, to try and trim down the extra detachments. It does add some Warlocks, giving me mostly buffs/psychic defense.

List 3: This one is designed to move a little bit closer to a Windrider Host if I ever go that way, and adds a few Vypers.

List 4: Let me start by saying I HATE the Windrider host. I don't plan on running Infantry, so the rest of the Craftworld Warhost doesn't help me, and one turn of Shred doesn't feel worth it to me with all the tax units. But option 4 IS my shot at a WH host.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eldar 1.jpg (61.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Eldar 2.jpg (62.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Eldar 3.jpg (65.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Eldar 4.jpg (56.0 KB, 6 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-15, 09:43 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

I Think I would take list number 1 with a slight tweak. @Xabre Exchange one autarch for a Farseer skyrunner. To save the Points for this drop the fusionguns on the autarch. I Think you have enough Anti-Tank weapons as it is in the Crimson Death and as a plan B the Spears should be able to open some tanks with their charge. Low AV vehicles should be dealt with the scatterlasers.
The lone farseer is a gamble but with runes of the farseer he should get atleast one Power of/turn. And the buffs should be welcome to strenghten key units, or hold your tumbs for Eldritch storm and go all in! Good luck!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode