Is a Phoenix Lord worth the points? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-08, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Default Is a Phoenix Lord worth the points?

Is the Phoenix Lord, Baharroth, worth the points?

I was thinking of puting him a unit of 6 swooping hawks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-08, 05:46 PM

i dont think that the swooping hawks one is worth it personally. My favorites are the Dark Reapers one and Striking Scorpions. (Sorry i forgot the names)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-08, 06:09 PM

I Like Feugan for his durability, and Karandas because he gets a whole bunch of attacks, and i like the model. eiflerc, their names are Maugan Ra and Karandas respectively.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-08, 08:29 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

IMHO, in this order; Karrandras, Fuegan, Asurmen, the rest of the Lords. Karrandras can literally tear shit up! Fuegan is very hard to kill and cuts through tanks like a hot knife through butter. Asurmen is THE anti-character...character lolz. His invul and his super-diresword can give even Yarrick the shakes.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-08, 08:52 PM

Usaal's Flag is: Canada

Karrandras is So worth it,
I take him with a squad of Scorpions and just wonder the board smacking down what ever I bump into
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 03:33 PM

Scottdsp748's Flag is: USA

I think Karandras, Fuegan, and Maugan Ra are the only ones that are really worth the points. Asurmen would be good if he could kill more or didnt cost such a ridiculous number of points.

That said, I normally run an autarch (for reserves bonus and to add punch to my warp spiders) and a farseer (fortune & doom) as they add more to my army as a whole.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 04:05 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

I think the best one for its points is Jain Zar with Howling Banshees in a Wave Serpent, saying that I've never actually used her. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 12:46 PM

Maugan Ra is my favourite. Best shooting and still awesome in combat. He doesn't really go well with reapers I wouldn't think. He'd be best with dire avengers. But, since that's not possible putting him with guardians could work.

Baharoth seems the most pointless frankly. At least with respect to putting him with his aspect. Hawks don't go into combat with anything that's not a vehicle and his gun is not good enough to rely on that alone to make him worth taking.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 03:09 PM

I've used Asurmen and Jain Zar, they have both performed admirably in their games. Asurmen is really tough due to his T4, 2+ Save and 4+ invulnerable. Zar is great on the charge with 5 WS7 and S7 attacks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode