Friendly 1500 Points VS. Blood Angels. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 03:00 PM

You can take powers from different tables iirc, you just have to declare before rolling each power.

Guide and prescience aren't the same - prescience is re-rolling all hits for a unit within 12" and guide is re-rolling all shooting hits for a unit within 24" (again IIRC)

You can't cast the same power twice, but if you have two powers that have similar effects, then thats good to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
You can take powers from different tables iirc, you just have to declare before rolling each power.

Guide and prescience aren't the same - prescience is re-rolling all hits for a unit within 12" and guide is re-rolling all shooting hits for a unit within 24" (again IIRC)

You can't cast the same power twice, but if you have two powers that have similar effects, then thats good to go
This is awesome!!! Thanks, now I can double giude with one Farseer if i want
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 04:35 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
I didn't realize the distinction, but for Eldar they're almost the same thing

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

I only wish there was a way to fill out the DA squads to 10, but i cant do it without giving up points on other things that i need as well...
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 05:37 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

There is. Leave the exarch. Atleast a few more bodies!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-12-14, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

The Game is going ahead tonight!!!

So, my buddy just texted me and asked if the Melta Rule still applies on the Wave Serpent… so I think that I will be seeing at least 2 dreads in Drop Pods with Meltas and flamers. Considering that these will be in a DP how many of them can I expect to see on his first turn, as in, can he drop in more then 1 in his first turn or do some have to stay in reserves until turn two. (He will be going first and I will not be).

I think that I will be deploying the Reapers in the very corner and then with all the tanks squeezed in around them so flamer templates can’t reach them, and the tanks positioned so that rear armour can’t be hit… I hope my shields can hold up and turn the pens to glances.

This means I will have to pull a flanking manoeuvre for my movement, but I’m worried that with a 24” range and a 6” movement that I won’t escape those Dreads for long… I need my spiders turn two to take em out.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-12-14, 04:28 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Pod Assault (paraphrased)
Half of your drop pods (rounded up) come in on turn one)
So if he has two, one can, but if he takes a third pod then two can. Also he could just be running assault marines with meltas. Also remember that melta only gets 2d6 at half range, so it has to be within 12". If he doesn't kill you with the first shot, you're fine. I would make sure you have those tricksy eldar safety upgrades.

Reapers don't really fear ap4 templates (don't they have a 3+ save?) and if they're focused down then your tanks can just kill whatever did it. Also if you're in a corner you have crappy LoS etc. I would advise against that strategy.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

Last edited by JAMOB; 02-12-14 at 07:58 PM.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-12-14, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
[quote = Drop Pod Assault (paraphrased)]Half of your drop pods (rounded up) come in on turn one)
So if he has two, one can, but if he takes a third pod then two can. Also he could just be running assault marines with meltas. Also remember that melta only gets 2d6 at half range, so it has to be within 12". If he doesn't kill you with the first shot, you're fine. I would make sure you have those tricksy eldar safety upgrades.

Reapers don't really fear ap4 templates (don't they have a 3+ save?) and if they're focused down then your tanks can just kill whatever did it. Also if you're in a corner you have crappy LoS etc. I would advise against that strategy.[/QUOTE]

This is true about setting up in the corner, but I think with a 12" move on a 4x4 board I wont have to worry about LOS. The reapers do have a 3+ save but if I position the tanks right during deployment then he won't get a change to DP in and flame them before I even get to use them once, this idea is just to let me use them for at least one turn.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

VICTORY....

It went "6" turns and I tabled him in the end. On turn 5 when we rolled to see if the game ends on both 6 & 7, it was going to go to 7. We do it this way so we would know when to make last minute moves. If it did go to 7, I would have moved that extra 4" to get an objective for a score of 13-6Vps

Fist he insisted that I go first considering that he did go first 14 games in a row (seriously, not joking at all), but I said we would roll for it and I won, then he insisted that he not roll to steal initiative, but I said roll for it...he rolled a 6..... he said you can go first... I said yeah I am lol (good sport). His list was much better suited to go second anyway, because of reserves.

His list as I remember it, fist I thought it was a bit soft, but it didn't take long to realize how fast it was and suited well to take out my army based on deployment (infiltrate, outflank, fast vehicles, assault LR).
• Mephiston
• Pred (flamers, dozerblade),
• Land raider (melta, bolters,cannon)
• 8x Terms (TH/SS) or so
• 3 x skimmers (HB)
• 10 x scouts (cameo cloaks)
• 5 x scouts (cameo cloaks)
• 5 x Devastators (3x ML, 1 LC)

I deployed with the reapers in the corner forest, then tanks on my right/middle (Spiders to DS, Walkers to outflank). He placed the land raider to my right as far forward as possible, infiltrated 10 x scouts in the center building (3+ cover with cloaks). Skimmers, 5x scouts, Pred all out flanking.First turn I began to move to my left with all tanks hugging the edge to prevent an outflank on rear armour, except for the WS with the WG which moved forward toward his LR. Shooting, I took out his entire devastator team it took a2x WS and the FP to do it. He moved forward with the LR flat-out, Mephiston jump to the center out of LOS, that's it. (2 vps for me off the hop!!)

Turn two was huge, I rolled 1's twice for reserves and the spiders did not come it!! the walkers however did come in on his deployment zone in the corner behind his LR. Prism moved for LOS on the LR, 2x WS kept moving toward my left, the WS with the WG moved a little then dumped the WG in front of the LR. Shooting didn't do much for me, but down a couple scouts, the BL from the walkers couldn't pen the LR armour, and neither could the Prism which means I did not pop the Terms out.. to flame them to death... but the D-scythes took 1 HP on the LR! His turn his skimmer came on to face my walkers, the Pred came on to flame (ap2) all my WG... but the scouts stayed in reserves. Mephiston jump into assault range of my WS with my HQ... His turn he took out 2 WS and the wraith guard for 3vps which forced my HQ and DA out of their WS. These pics shows the action well:

After them the game went back and forth and was tied 5vp to 5vp going into the top of turn 5 when I pulled away for 8vp to 6vp by the top of turn 6. Some of the highlights were:
• Walkers survived the shooting of the skimmers,
• Spiders are AMAZING!!!! after coming on in turn 3 they took out the Skimmers, Mephiston, Scouts, Pred and cleaned up the Terms
• I got, double guide and Fortune, which helped kill 2 Terms in overwatch
• TH/SS terms took out: 1WS, 2WG, Farseer, unit of DA...
• On turn 5 the Pred rolled double ones and got immobilized on the tank traps in the center which keep the flamer out of range of the spiders lol...
• Turbo booting the FP and the 2 WS keep Mephiston & Terms out of assault range on turn 3
• Spiders are insane fast (battle focus + fleet + warp jump generators + Death Spinners = FUCKING WOW)
• 5 x Scouts outfanked turn 3 behind the FP and a WS and shot rear armor of the FP and got 2 Glances, but I Jinked saved them, then the DA unit got out and wiped them out and next turn got back in lol.
• The LR took 2 Bright Lance Shots and 4 shots from the Prism Lance before going down on Turn 6
• WG got owned lol.
• Dark Reapers didn't do a whole lot, 1HP on the Pred and 2 scouts killed...
• Star Cannons on the WS was a very good idea!
• Mephiston couldn't catch my tanks even with this 12 jump...
The DA Exarch upgrades were ok, saved a challenge on my Farsser for a turn &
cleaned up the scouts nicely when i charged them

It was a very good back and forth game with a lot of movement and once his initial reserves where done my superior mobility won the game for me. Only thing I didn't think I did right was to dump the WG in front of that LR, but I was hoping to pop it first... all the same it did force the Terms out and Foot Slog all game, which allowed me to pick them off.

Thank you guys for all the help, i gave +Rep where i could!!! Also, check out my Eldar P-Log if you haven't yet. I'm not sure when my next game is but I will be throwing my list up here again the feedback was great.

Last edited by troybuckle; 02-13-14 at 02:49 AM.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-13-14, 07:39 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Congrats!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode