It went "6" turns and I tabled him in the end. On turn 5 when we rolled to see if the game ends on both 6 & 7, it was going to go to 7. We do it this way so we would know when to make last minute moves. If it did go to 7, I would have moved that extra 4" to get an objective for a score of 13-6Vps
Fist he insisted that I go first considering that he did go first 14 games in a row (seriously, not joking at all), but I said we would roll for it and I won, then he insisted that he not roll to steal initiative, but I said roll for it...he rolled a 6..... he said you can go first... I said yeah I am lol (good sport). His list was much better suited to go second anyway, because of reserves.
His list as I remember it, fist I thought it was a bit soft, but it didn't take long to realize how fast it was and suited well to take out my army based on deployment (infiltrate, outflank, fast vehicles, assault LR).
• Pred (flamers, dozerblade),
• Land raider (melta, bolters,cannon)
• 8x Terms (TH/SS) or so
• 3 x skimmers (HB)
• 10 x scouts (cameo cloaks)
• 5 x scouts (cameo cloaks)
• 5 x Devastators (3x ML, 1 LC)
I deployed with the reapers in the corner forest, then tanks on my right/middle (Spiders to DS, Walkers to outflank). He placed the land raider to my right as far forward as possible, infiltrated 10 x scouts in the center building (3+ cover with cloaks). Skimmers, 5x scouts, Pred all out flanking.First turn I began to move to my left with all tanks hugging the edge to prevent an outflank on rear armour, except for the WS with the WG which moved forward toward his LR. Shooting, I took out his entire devastator team it took a2x WS and the FP to do it. He moved forward with the LR flat-out, Mephiston jump to the center out of LOS, that's it. (2 vps for me off the hop!!)
Turn two was huge, I rolled 1's twice for reserves and the spiders did not come it!! the walkers however did come in on his deployment zone in the corner behind his LR. Prism moved for LOS on the LR, 2x WS kept moving toward my left, the WS with the WG moved a little then dumped the WG in front of the LR. Shooting didn't do much for me, but down a couple scouts, the BL from the walkers couldn't pen the LR armour, and neither could the Prism
which means I did not pop the Terms out.. to flame them to death... but the D-scythes took 1 HP on the LR! His turn his skimmer came on to face my walkers, the Pred came on to flame (ap2) all my WG... but the scouts stayed in reserves. Mephiston jump into assault range of my WS with my HQ... His turn he took out 2 WS and the wraith guard for 3vps which forced my HQ and DA out of their WS. These pics shows the action well:
After them the game went back and forth and was tied 5vp to 5vp going into the top of turn 5 when I pulled away for 8vp to 6vp by the top of turn 6. Some of the highlights were:
• Walkers survived the shooting of the skimmers,
• Spiders are AMAZING!!!! after coming on in turn 3 they took out the Skimmers, Mephiston, Scouts, Pred and cleaned up the Terms
• I got, double guide and Fortune, which helped kill 2 Terms in overwatch
• TH/SS terms took out: 1WS, 2WG, Farseer, unit of DA...
• On turn 5 the Pred rolled double ones and got immobilized on the tank traps in the center which keep the flamer out of range of the spiders lol...
• Turbo booting the FP and the 2 WS keep Mephiston & Terms out of assault range on turn 3
• Spiders are insane fast (battle focus + fleet + warp jump generators + Death Spinners = FUCKING WOW)
• 5 x Scouts outfanked turn 3 behind the FP and a WS and shot rear armor of the FP and got 2 Glances, but I Jinked saved them, then the DA unit got out and wiped them out and next turn got back in lol.
• The LR took 2 Bright Lance Shots and 4 shots from the Prism Lance before going down on Turn 6
• WG got owned lol.
• Dark Reapers didn't do a whole lot, 1HP on the Pred and 2 scouts killed...
• Star Cannons on the WS was a very good idea!
• Mephiston couldn't catch my tanks even with this 12 jump...
The DA Exarch upgrades were ok, saved a challenge on my Farsser for a turn &
cleaned up the scouts nicely when i charged them
It was a very good back and forth game with a lot of movement and once his initial reserves where done my superior mobility won the game for me. Only thing I didn't think I did right was
to dump the WG in front of that LR, but I was hoping to pop it first... all the same it did force the Terms out and Foot Slog all game, which allowed me to pick them off.
Thank you guys for all the help, i gave +Rep where i could!!! Also, check out my Eldar P-Log if you haven't yet. I'm not sure when my next game is but I will be throwing my list up here again the feedback was great.