Friendly 1500 Points VS. Blood Angels. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 03:02 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Where will that farseer go?
On such a small board i think the spiders can't jump out of harm as they should. Skip them and take a squad of scorpions instead. Also, ditch the DA exarch and take more reapers. Also fit them with starstrike missles. Put your farseer with them and keep everything nearby to counter anything that gets to close.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
Where will that farseer go?
On such a small board i think the spiders can't jump out of harm as they should. Skip them and take a squad of scorpions instead. Also, ditch the DA exarch and take more reapers. Also fit them with starstrike missles. Put your farseer with them and keep everything nearby to counter anything that gets to close.
The idea here is for the Farseer to go in with one unit of dire Avengers in the WS and move around buffing the army (Guiding the Reapers on turn 1). I really need to roll Doom as well. I plan to use that WS along with the WS with the WG to attack a target, most likely a large unit of jump marines maybe even the Prism and Reapers if I have to. I think that on turn 1 this will be the biggest threat because if I don’t get them wiped out they will assault a tank the next turn, just in time for the terminators to DS in and be to close for comfort. Then the Terminators becomes my next focus for my attacking WS's. I hope the spiders dropping in, and the walkers outflanking, will get solid rear armour shots, then what ever unit I pop out will take fire from the Prism.
With regard to Mephiston I think that we will be hid away in a unit and not on his own, like in with the Terminators or Jump Marines. If I send in my WG to look like a nice juicy unit for his to assault then with 5 Flamers (at D3 Overwatch) I have a 80% chance of insta-killing him (just need one 6 to wound and at AP2, and he is dead).

Last edited by troybuckle; 02-11-14 at 11:52 AM.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troybuckle View Post
The idea here is for the Farseer to go in with one unit of dire Avengers in the WS and move around buffing the army (Guiding the Reapers on turn 1). I really need to roll Doom as well. I plan to use that WS along with the WS with the WG to attack a target, most likely a large unit of jump marines maybe even the Prism and Reapers if I have to. I think that on turn 1 this will be the biggest threat because if I don’t get them wiped out they will assault a tank the next turn, just in time for the terminators to DS in and be to close for comfort. Then the Terminators becomes my next focus for my attacking WS's. I hope the spiders dropping in, and the walkers outflanking, will get solid rear armour shots, then what ever unit I pop out will take fire from the Prism.
With regard to Mephiston I think that we will be hid away in a unit and not on his own, like in with the Terminators or Jump Marines. If I send in my WG to look like a nice juicy unit for his to assault then with 5 Flamers (at D3 Overwatch) I have a 80% chance of insta-killing him (just need one 6 to wound and at AP2, and he is dead).
I don't think eldar can cast psychic powers out of tanks - but I don't have my books to hand so I can't back that up.

Mephiston can't lead anyone or join another unit - he doesn't have the independent character rule.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
I don't think eldar can cast psychic powers out of tanks - but I don't have my books to hand so I can't back that up.

Mephiston can't lead anyone or join another unit - he doesn't have the independent character rule.

That is correct. You can't Cast powers out of tanks. Put him with the reapers. And doom works well when having lots of low S weapons. You'll wound on 2+ most of the time anyways. Go with diviniation table and take the primaria, guideEq, and hope for missfortune that rerolls sucessfull armoursaves instead. This combo eat anything!

Good to be green

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
That is correct. You can't Cast powers out of tanks. Put him with the reapers. And doom works well when having lots of low S weapons. You'll wound on 2+ most of the time anyways. Go with diviniation table and take the primaria, guideEq, and hope for missfortune that rerolls sucessfull armoursaves instead. This combo eat anything!
I thought that only witchfire attacks couldn't be cast in a tank, but blessings can be cast.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 01:44 PM

Default Friendly 1500 Points VS. Blood Angels.

Only on the unit inside and the tank itself.

Weird realy that the eldar build tanks that nullifies their #1 strength.

Good to be green

Last edited by Moriouce; 02-11-14 at 01:46 PM.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 02:22 PM

Quote:

I'm going to go for divination completely on my next farseer - hoping for a 4++ or ignores cover, then getting the primaris out.

With the eldar farseer table you don't want Mind War, Death Mission, Eldritch Storm or Executioner so thats 4 powers out of 7 that are bad.

Going on the divination table, the powers that aren't so good if you're putting your farseer with reapers are forewarning (as they don't get overwatch) and Precognition as your farseer isn't a cc monster.
Prescience, Forewarning, Misfortune, Perfect Timing, Scriers gaze can all be useful, so I'd go divination all the way as thats only 2 or 3 that are bad depending on your build (scriers gaze is situational if you have reserves - as my eldar use 3 FW planes I find it useful)
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
I'm going to go for divination completely on my next farseer - hoping for a 4++ or ignores cover, then getting the primaris out.

With the eldar farseer table you don't want Mind War, Death Mission, Eldritch Storm or Executioner so thats 4 powers out of 7 that are bad.

Going on the divination table, the powers that aren't so good if you're putting your farseer with reapers are forewarning (as they don't get overwatch) and Precognition as your farseer isn't a cc monster.
Prescience, Forewarning, Misfortune, Perfect Timing, Scriers gaze can all be useful, so I'd go divination all the way as thats only 2 or 3 that are bad depending on your build (scriers gaze is situational if you have reserves - as my eldar use 3 FW planes I find it useful)
This is the table that i am going to roll on for the reasons you said above. I hope to get Misfortune in-place of doom... fingers crossed. Normaly we roll all our dice for powers the same time, get rid of doubles then keep the rest. This is a good way to not have the "old" roll a shitty power, swith for the prime, then roll that exact shitty power again, fail...
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 02:40 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Don't forget though, if you get two good powers you can take your third from the eldar list - isn't their primaris basically a better prescience?

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Don't forget though, if you get two good powers you can take your third from the eldar list - isn't their primaris basically a better prescience?
I didn't think that you could mix and match powers like that?

Also, i can only cast a power once and not the same twice right? (I.E. guide two units)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode