Help with 1000pt take all list. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-08, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Default Help with 1000pt take all list.

Okay myself and a group of 3 of my friends have decided to do a tale of 4 gamers. We did a little twist and we drew armies out of a hat and lucky for me I drew Eldar

So anyway we didn't really do a budget because it is just for fun, but if I know my friends they will come up with some pretty beardy armies. Due to space(this is my 4th army) and just time I don't really feel like painting a whole bunch of models so I'm thinking possibly mech eldar, which really won't give me a ton of models to paint and well mech eldar are pretty rough. So anyway I haven't played eldar since 3rd and they have changed a bit so I seek your wisdom.

Please help me come up with a solid take all 1000pt mech eldar list. I will be keeping a log so it should be neat to track the progress and do the battle reports. Thank you everyone in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-08, 02:41 PM

GuntharWest's Flag is: USA

Are you buying new stuff to create this army, or just painting up what you have?

If you are buying new, check your local game stores for the boxed sets of WaveSerpents with 5 man Dire Avenger squads, or older WaveSerpents with Guardian squads. You will also want to try to get your hands on bunches of jetbikes.

Have you played with any list ideas yet? I just posted a 1500 pt Mech Eldar list under "Advice on Eldar vs. Space Marines" - currently, it is heavy on troops selections to handle the new missions in 5th ed.

Gunthar
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-08, 01:02 PM

Essentially what you need is mobility cos your T3 wont hold out. The squads who will leave your deployment to claim objectives, dire avengers, combat squads etc should all have wave serpents.

Troop choices are vital in 5th ed so at 1500pts I would advise filling them all up. My usual composition would be 10 avengers, 10 guardians w/ Warlock, 10 Guardians w/ warlock, 5 pathfinders, 6 jetbikes, 6 jetbikes. For me this stuff comes to about 850-900 points so there is a lot left for characters and cool stuff. The jetbikes are great becuase at turn 5 when the game could end turbo boost 24" onto an objctive which could win you the game. Hide them earlier on and just fire your shuricannons and they will kill some enemies.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode