I had my Autarch in range of a turn two assault with his swarmlord and cover the whole way there (I know that with shard I would have insta-killed him on a charge/challenge and with phoenix gem may survive the fight)
-This was a tactical mistake, you want to avoid going after him in CC.
Losing first turn, I can't get my scorpions into cover, or shoot at the Mawloc.
- If possible infiltrate them into cover to begin, never forget you can throw a plasma blast grenade and pin something maybe.
· Turn one, he shoots the only target in range of his big-gun-bug and its my Autarch. He gets 3 wounds, I roll for my 2+ cover and get: 2, 1, 1, so I reroll my 1s and get: 1, 1, he is insta-killed. Thats 3 VPs one shot one turn… (Warlord, first blood, unit)
-Wow, that sucks. This is a good lesson to learn, not getting shot is always better than getting shot and making saves. Since the autarch has a jump pack try deploying out of LOS in the future.
· The Biovores get constant direct hits on my guardians, and despite all my points for the warlock/D-line for a 2+ cover, they ignore cover and I’m forced to go to ground for saves and get pined until the H-Gaunts show up and kill them along with the reapers on turn 4.
- I don't think they ignore cover, they are barrage so the cover factor comes from where they land. Deploy in Area terrain and they can't do anything to you.
· I brought all my tanks to his right because that were the less dangerous shooting was and 66% of his synapses. However, all tanks spend the whole game moving around the table edge on his right trying to stay out of assault range and unable to deploy any troops because there would be 96 s4 shots coming at me from the 30 Daka-gaunts.
· 96 Daka-gaunt shoots that ignore cover = 6 dead rangers turn two
-Wow the new nids ignore cover on basic shots! damn, they deploying them in a building so they are immune to basic fire, or behind void sheilds.
· Wave serpent with the Wraithguard had to turbo boost 3 turns in a row before in a position to deploy troops in the perfect position to hit (3 zones, 2 hive guard, at least 6 guants) each!!! But then it gets shaken and templates can’t fire so I don’t get out…. then it takes another two turns to turbo boost to get into another position on the other side of the board to deploy troops to hit (2 biovores, swarmlord & guard) each!!! and gets shaken again.. and templates can't fire again game ends at 6 turns, never deployed the wraith guard/ spritseer.
-It sounds good to put them in a tank, but then they don't make use of that T6 and potential Shrouded. its 50/50
· My 3 walkers cant take out 1 Fex which then destroys all 3 walkers 2 in turn 1, 1 in turn 2 (I do 2 wounds in16 shots @ S6 and 4 shots @ S8)
· Other 2 Wave serpents get caught in combat and gets destroyed along with all the dire avengers inside on turn 4
· Everything of mine dies except for 1 scorpion, (WS with the spiritseer and wriathguard), and the fire prism.