Footdar Army 1845pt - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Cheeky Hamster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Footdar Army 1845pt

I am posting up six army lists I have made, they are all themed but are intended to be competitive, I have played 40k for one year now and this is the first time I have posted a list online but I am a very competitive person and play fairly regularly mostly against Space Wolves (upgraded terminators and land raider heavy) but I'm planning on starting to play in tournaments. I have a very large army 20,000pts so I will most likely be able to swap units etc.

Army 6/6
Footdar Army 1845pt

-Disarming Strike

Wraithseer

-Bright lance

Guardian Defenders

-Bright Lance

Guardian Defenders

-Bright Lance

Guardian Defenders

-Bright Lance

Guardian Defenders

-Bright Lance

Guardian Defenders

-Bright Lance

Guardian Defenders
-Bright Lance

Wraithlord
-2 Flamers
-Ghostglaive
-2 bright lances

Wraithknight
-Suncannon and scattershield
-Scatter laser
Wraithknight
-Suncannon and scattershield
-Scatter laser

Thank you for having a look at my thread any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Edit:

-Fast Shot

Wraithseer
-Bright lance

Rangers
-7 Rangers

Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon
Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon
Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon
Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon
Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon

Wraithknight
Wraithknight
Wraithknight

Aegis Defence Line
-Icarus Lascannon

Last edited by Cheeky Hamster; 10-24-13 at 10:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 07:54 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

You don't see many Eldar forces without some form of vehicle, so this is interesting.

As you play Space Wolves a lot I'm guessing you don't come across many flyers, but thats where you list may be weak. You do lack anti air cover so in tournament play this could be a hinderance.

How big are the Guardian Defender squads?

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

When writing this list I figured that a flyer heavy list would be a bad match up, unfortunately I didn't think that I could sacrifice enough points to counter a flyer heavy list without making this list a lot weaker.

I could put in an aegis and some dark reapers or 2-3 crimson hunters but it'd be a large point drain and pull my army away from the unstoppable march it's designed to do. Guardian squads are ten man strong.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 01:54 PM

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you are going to start playing in tournaments you may want to drop the wraithseer as a lot of tournaments dont allow forgeworld rules.

Secondly AA will be required at some point so i suggest fast shot on your Avatar and an Aegis defense line with lascannon
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 02:41 PM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

I agree with almost everything said above.

Replacing the Wraithseer with a Aegis Defense line will give you some anti-air.

With the rest of the points, get Fast shot for sure, and I suggest getting a Farseer in there too. Guide that wraithlord! ;) Or just take a couple warlocks so you can give conceal to the unit using the ADL gun (take quadgun IMO)

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 03:50 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Another good option for AA is a small squad of Dark Reapers, an Exarch with EML and fast shot and Skyfire on all of them, plus an aegis line with Lascannon.

Odds are good the Exarch will drop a flyer when it comes in with interceptor (fast shot las-cannon), and the squad itself should eat a flyer a turn. The Aegis line will also provide some good cover for a home objective squad who can bubble-wrap the Reapers.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 05:43 PM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheeviltwin View Post
Another good option for AA is a small squad of Dark Reapers, an Exarch with EML and fast shot and Skyfire on all of them, plus an aegis line with Lascannon.

Odds are good the Exarch will drop a flyer when it comes in with interceptor (fast shot las-cannon), and the squad itself should eat a flyer a turn. The Aegis line will also provide some good cover for a home objective squad who can bubble-wrap the Reapers.
Very very strong anti-tank/flier. The only problem I have with this unit, is that it's 40pts per model and they are only T3 3+. VERY easy for a 200 pts unit to die from one turn of shooter, or a well placed Colossus shot. =\

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

How about slipping some Crimson Hunters in there?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 06:32 PM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

1) The Avatar (while nice) is not competitive for its points. You can spend the same points on Eldrad and not only will he live longer but he will most likley kill more, especially if you gave him Psychic Scream. That was just a example however, in this type of list you are better served with a AUtarch on a bike, maybe with a Mantle and ofc a Laser Lance, as he is small and fast and can hit back fields hard. Or perhaps Kahandras, being able to infiltrate and kill anything of course is a bonus for around 20 points more.
More than Likely someone like Yirel might be better if you have a forward assault unit.

2) The seer is fine if your tourneys allow forgeworld, but he is better with a D-Cannon

3) Defenders are all fine, you really want enough Warlocks for conceal however.

4) Wraithlords are fine

5) You don't absolutely need the Suncannons on the Knights as you have so much Bladestorm potential. If anything get rid of one, and use the points for something else.

All in all while you don't have any AA you can basically ignore most AA as of now. Really only a Baleflamer will cause you problems for the Troops and a Valk can cause problems for the MC's. Thus you really only need 1-2 sources of reliable AA and you will be fine. Against someone who spams Sycthes or something you can withstand most of everything they do.

While the 6 squads of Guardians seem nice you will find yourself struggling for model placement and movement, just like when you watch a ork player move a horde. I recommend making 2 units into one giant 20 man unit, especially if you hit in some Conceal and maybe something like Yirel or Eldrad, this is a nice block to move up with the MC's while the rest spread out.

If you take a landing pad you can tank the baleflamers and have some lords with some nice protection, otherwise a simple ADL will handle the job well. Also if you can fit in that helm from the Iyanden Supplement as it will allow you to heal the wraith units every turn, drastically increasing the amount of work your opponent has to do to hurt you. Also Voice of Twilight would also be a bonus.

Edit: try this

Eldrad 205
Prescience, Guide, Fate Powers x2 (shooting for Fortune/Doom)

Guardians x20 220
Starcannon x2

Guardians x10 110
Bright lance

Guardians x10 110
Bright lance

Guardians x10 110
Bright lance

Guardians x10 110
Bright lance

Wraithlord 165
Ghostglaive, Bright Lance x2

Wraithknight 240
Heavy Wraithcannon x2

Wraithknight 305
Suncannon, Scattersheild, Scatter Laser

Warp Spiders x10 190

Ageis Defense Line 85
Icarus lascannon

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

Last edited by Ragewind; 10-23-13 at 08:57 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-13, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Default Few changes

The avatar is in there for his fearless bubble that's going to be very helpful with so many guardians and I think you guys are missing the beauty of this lists power. Monstrous creature redundancy. Very few army's can deal with so many monstrous creatures and mass guardians is the perfect way to complement it. I can see that some anti air definitely needs including because hoping for 6's on the lances will only go so far, the change I could do then would be:

1849pts

-Fast Shot

Wraithseer
-Bright lance

Rangers
-7 Rangers

Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon
Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon
Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon
Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon
Guardian Defenders
-Starcannon

Wraithknight (vanilla)

Wraithknight

Wraithknight

Aegis Defence Line
-Icarus Lascannon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Tags
eldar , footdar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode