1,993pts for a 1,999pt game: Undead Space Elves - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-13, 11:25 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Actually a blast is far less likely to hit many models at all, in fact it could hit zero in your unlucky, or just 1 model if your enemy spreads and missiles with pinning are great.....if pinning ment anything, but it don't, nobody gets pinned...NOBODY, scatter lasers are definitely the superior choice, leave versatility to marines and guard who make better use of it, you have weapons that are superior at both roles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 06:27 AM
jayromandell's Flag is: USA

Ya, basically what Irish said, far more reliable damage. Ignores cover + twin linked = fun. You will average five S6 and four S7 hits per serpent sub 24" range. On a flyer its easy for the prison butt shot, and you will get 1-3 glances 1 pen per volley on average. Pretty much dumping turkies, Hunters, anything other than Stormravens. It will take 2 serpents to down a Raven per turn on average. Unless it gets FAQed, the ScatterSerpent negates needing dedicated AA and on top of that it dumps infantry and MCs alike with solid consistency. You are going to need that consistency as it generally takes until turn 3 to get into combat with much of our CC.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 06:30 AM

In case you are wondering on the turn three CC thing:

Turn One, move 12-30"
Turn Two, get out and stand around like a buffoon (no assault ramps)
Turn Three, hope you still have CC unit and charge

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Scatter laser might be useful like that, although the short range of the cannon has an impact it's versatility. I'll play test it in a few days.

The survivability is pretty good though, not quite the buffoonery suggested. I keep the D-Scythes and Wraithblades close together, and usually the enemy will not know which one to worry about more, especially with 18 Wraithguard unloaded right next to them as well. 18 S10 shots are not easily ignored. Being so close to the enemy when you disembark helps mitigate the risk of attacks from Blast weapons.

All that is important is known.
Praxis
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 10:18 PM

I totally here ya, just dont have your strat revolve around getting everybody up there. I am telling you, two hellturkies will put a serious hurt on you if you are bunched up. Hell one can be enough to gut you. And I would totally throw blasts all over 1k or more worth of points and be totally ok loosing 10 Avengers or something. Dont forget other people have flamer template weapons too.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 10:24 PM

As for survivability on T6, see how many guys are standing after a Cadre and full firewarrior squad open up on you with ignores cover and bs 3 or 4. I thought the same thing, but have watched those guys get dumped fast.

You have a damn good list with that many wraithguard, there are however some serious issues with small model counts. Trust me, I know.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-13, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

This was one of the reasons for considering the Heavy Weapon Platforms. I would hope to weaken a point in the enemy lines and then concentrate all the Wraithguard on that point. Because the units are quite small, but also quite deadly, it makes sense to concentrate them where they can be most effective.
Tactically I would need to disembark the units in the place that they can do maximum damage, and where the enemy response would be limited. The Wave Serpents can then usually attack from behind the enemy's lines, and provide a screen to prevent the majority of the enemy army returning effective fire.
Careful management of resources required, me thinks.

Praxis
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 01:20 PM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
I think the Holofields might be useful in some situation, but I almost want the Wave Serpents to get blown up so that the Wraithguard can get an assault in their next turn.
Hey Darklove, even emergency disembarks (from a vehicle explode/wreck) count as disembarking the following turn I believe. So the unit of Wraithguard cannot charge the following turn. They can move/run/shoot normally, but not assault.

I would love some verification on this, but I play with some pretty knowledgeable people (including several GW employees) and this is how our circle handles the rule.

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Units disembark from wrecks as normal, and are then able to move, shoot and assault as normal in their own turn. If the transport explodes then some units might be affected by being pinned, but this is not an issue for fearless units, as in this case.
See p80, BRB.

Praxis
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 06:01 PM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

You're really glazing over the rules here. All page 80 says is the make a normal disembarkation, which is explained on 79. One of the restrictions of a disembarkation is that you cannot assault in the subsequent assault phase.

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode