Eldar: Iyanden 1750 Point Fluffy List (NEW CODEX) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Default Eldar: Iyanden 1750 Point Fluffy List (NEW CODEX)

This is my first go at the new eldar codex. I have gone with Iyanden purely for the love I have grow of their storyline and their wraith forces and the new codex is just filled with them. So I wanted to make a list purely around psykers and wraith units, trying to stay true to fluff of Iyanden as much as possible while still making it viable. Well there's a lot of great potential and after hours of reading, writing, rereading and then rewriting, heres what I've got so far.

HQ
Warlord Farseer [singing spear, eldar jetbike, the spirit stone of anath'lan]
135 points

Spiritseer [no upgrades]
70 points

Warlocks [singing spear, jetbikes]
55 points

TROOPS
Wraithguard [no upgrades]
160 points

Wraithguard [no upgrades]
160 points

Wraithguard [d-scythes]
210 points

10 Windrider Jetbikers [3 shuriken cannons]
200 points

FAST ATTACK
Hemlock Wraithfighter [no upgrades]
185 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
Wraithlord [2 bright lance, 2 flamer, ghostglaive]
165 points

Wraithlord [2 bright lance, 2 flamer, ghostglaive]
165 points

Wraithknight [no upgrades]
240 points

1745 POINTS

Army Overview
The Farseer will hold the title of Warlord and will ride with the Windriders. His psychic mastery 3 and will roll on the Runes of Fate psychic powers as it provides a lot of pontential. The Spirit Stone of Anaris allows me to reduce the warp charge cost of a psychic power by one whenever I cast one, at the cost of losing the farseers 4+ inv for a turn.

The Spiritseer makes Wraithguard and Wraithblades count as troops. He also can use Spirit Mark, allowing me to nominate a enemy unit within 12" of him each turn. All wraith units may re-roll 1's to hit against that unit for that turn. He will be assigned to the 3rd wraithguard squad, providing blessing and maledictions from the Runes of Battle chart as psychic mastery 2.

He will ride with the Windriders using the Runes of Battle primaris power conceal to give them the shrouded special rule.

All wraith units have lost the Wraithsight special rule(this meant the couldnt do anything if they were too far from a psyker and rolled a 1). Wraithcannons are S10 AP2 Assault 1 Distort(Instant kill on wounds of 6's/penertrate always on 6's). The one squads has upgraded to D-scythes which are a template with S4 AP2 Assault 1 Distort.

The Wraithknight stats are WS4 BS4 S10 T8 W6 I5 A4 Sv3+ and he carries the two heavy wraith cannons which are same as normal just with 36" range over the 12". He also counts as a Jump Monstrous Creature.

Like all other non-wraith units, the Windriders have the Battle Focus special rule allowing them to shot then run or run then shot. They are also eldar jetbike which allows them to move an extra 2d6' in the assault phase. I hope to bring these guys into the firing range to kill off light and heavy infantry then push back as much as possible to keep out of assault range. It is also worth noting that all sheriken weapons have bladestorm making all 6's to wound count as AP2.

The Hemlock Wraithfighter can use the psychic power Terrify psychic power from the Telepathy chart and its Mindshock Pod means all successful morale and pinning tests within 12" most be rerolled. His also equiped with a 2 Heavy D-Scythes(S4 AP2 Assualt 1, Blast, Distort). His main goal will be to remove enemies off their objectives. He also has Vector Dancer allowing them to turn 180 instead of the regular 90.

So with all that said, any suggestions or questions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 02:49 PM

I like the theme of the list. Just a few clarifications though:

1) Putting the Spirit Seer with the d-scythe wraithguard is less useful considering his "Spirit Mark" has not benefit to template weapons. As long as the other two units are close by, I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference.

2) Jetbikes cannot run, so the battle focus rules does not apply to the windrider host.

3) Vector dancer does NOT allow a 180deg turn. You must choose to turn UP TO 90, then move at least 18", then you may make another turn UP TO 90. You CANNOT choose to make a single turn up to 180deg and move 18", it must be at the start and at the end of your movement.

I like the list, especially the strong jetbike squad moving around with the aid of the Warlock. If you do not like his power, you can always choose the Primaris power and gain shrouded which is very very nice IMO. The Heavy slots look nice.

Word of caution, you have zero dedicated anti-air in your list. Although the Hemlock sticks with your Iyanden theme, your army would be best supported by a Crimson Hunter to defend against flyers. With that said, I respect your decision to play an extremely fluff based Iyanden army.

If fluff was all you were concerned about, why not ditch all the jetbikes and play larger units of wraithguard, and add a unit of Wraithblades? maybe give the d-scythe wraithguard a Waveserpent to get their templates where they need to go. Then you can foot-slog your farseer with some wraithguard and buff their survivability with a few more blessings. Just a thought.

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Last edited by Desolatemm; 06-03-13 at 02:53 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 05:02 PM

I agree with Desolatemm with the Jetbikes.

Only one Clarification to make tho

The conceal power only affects the psyker, not the unit.
'whilst the power is in effect, the psyker has the shrouded special rule'

as opposed to Enhance which reads
'the psyker and his unit have +1ws and +1I'

it does suck slightly that conceal doesnt cover the unit because that was a fun mix with the old edition warlocks and large guardian squads (suddenly a little less scared of vindicators/whirlwinds)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsslldm View Post
I agree with Desolatemm with the Jetbikes.

Only one Clarification to make tho

The conceal power only affects the psyker, not the unit.
'whilst the power is in effect, the psyker has the shrouded special rule'

as opposed to Enhance which reads
'the psyker and his unit have +1ws and +1I'

it does suck slightly that conceal doesnt cover the unit because that was a fun mix with the old edition warlocks and large guardian squads (suddenly a little less scared of vindicators/whirlwinds)
As long as the Shrouded rule is available to the psyker, it benefits the unit, seeing as how the Shrouded rule reads "a unit that contains at least one model with this special rule counts its cover save as being 2 points better than normal".

The Grey Knights: Because Huzzah for Blind Faith and Unreasonable Hatred!

Last edited by Routine; 06-03-13 at 07:27 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 08:40 PM

My mistake, I didn't have the rulebook in front of me on that one. Only the codex and took the wording :-)
Im still getting used to the wording of the new edition. My apologies
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 10:13 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

And they say fluffy armies can't pack a punch...

Personally I'm captivated by the fluff and drooling at the rules. I'm not saying it's going to win any tournaments but it'll be fun and fulfilling to play and in any normal semi-competitive/friendly environment more than capable of winning and delivering entertainment.

I'm actually a bit jealous haha.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolatemm View Post
I like the theme of the list. Just a few
1) Putting the Spirit Seer with the d-scythe wraithguard is less useful considering his "Spirit Mark" has not benefit to template weapons. As long as the other two units are close by, I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference.
Doesn't matter what squad his with, personally I'd love to have him in with the jetbikes if he could take one. I chose the 3rd squad because I expect them to take lead in front of the others.

This is a purely for fun and fluffy list and I felt it wouldn't be right if there wasn't some sort of non wraith squad in the list as. I have taken the bikes, because I'll need them agaist hordes. This edition, I have tried avoiding using vehicles where ever possible due them being so weaker in 6th(Even though the serpent shield does seem a little OP). Would love to put some DE in the list for fluff reason, however don't see anything in DE codex that truly viable.

At this point I may keep the bikes, remove the squad with d-scythes and then add crimson hunter.

Btw thanks for clarifying some of the other rules.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

I could then switch out enough points to give wraithknight suncannon, shield and scatterlaser.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-15, 02:24 AM

I believe in the new codex, Spiritseer has lost the Deathspeaker rule and no longer unlocks Wraithguard as Troops.

And if using the Iyanden codex, it says its a supplement to Codex: Eldar, not Codex: Eldar Craftworlds. I'm only saying because I play a predominantly wraith army too and our FLGS has classified my list as unbound until I add in the troop tax or until this is FAQ'd

Do point out to me if I'm wrong.

I'm personally planning to amend my army as follows:

Craftworld warhost
Core: Guardian Defender Warhost
Farseer
3x10 Guardians, with 1 Warlock in each unit
Vyper
War Walker
Vauls Support Battery

Auxiliary: Wraithhost
Spiritseer
3x5 Wraithguard / Wraithblade (havent decided on loadout yet)
Wraithlord
Wraithknight

Command: Eldar Avatar

Comes up to 1850 on the dot with upgrades

Last edited by sapphon; 04-29-15 at 02:34 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode