Iyanden 1000 point list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-13, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

Default Iyanden 1000 point list

Hello,
I am trying to build a semi-fluff-oriented, but still viable Iyanden list. Here is what I am thinking:

Hq:

Elites:
5*Wraithguard and a Spiritseer with conceal

Troops:
10*Guardians with EML Weapon Platform
10*Guardians with Bright Lance Weapon Platform

Fast Attack:
5*Warp Spiders with an Exarch with an additional Death Spinner and Powerblades

Heavy Support:
Wraithlord with an EML and Bright Lance

This list is around 880ish points so I still have a bit more to play with. Also, none of the army is purchased yet (except 5 wraithguard), so I can change most of the list to suit criticism.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-13, 09:19 AM

Asterlan's Flag is: Australia

Hey Dude,

Assuming you want to go footdar something that would make this list shine is a farseer with guide and fortune or better yet Eldrad with only the Spiritseer as your counter to wraithsight you will find your army quite clustered together.

Now onto the units;

Avatar - Not only making those guardians fearless but being a close combat beast in general he's a great choice I prefer not to make him the warlord as everyone always tries o bring him down ASAP and while he's pretty survivable he will fall eventually. Hide him behind the Wraithguard or terrain until be can lash out blow up a transport with the wailing doom and charge the occupants.

Wraithguard - Conceal required not much to say about these guys you have low range so maybe invest in a wave serpent this will also increase your range for the wraithsight.

Guardians - Okay here's where the issues start. Guardians are great, cheap cheerful and can do a lot of damage at 12". The downside? They're cheap and cheerful and in this army without a lot of support. With no warlock for conceal (always get that 5+) or enhance to make them aspect warriors in close combat (used this once to pepper Huron Blackheart and his posse of Khorne Beserkers charge in and wiped them out!). You're going to struggle to get them where they need to go. You have two one shot weapons as your weapons of choice for these fellows. With a BS of 3 that's a 50/50 chance you can do something and both being STR 8 won't do much against heavier vehicles without really good rolls. Guardians work great supported by warlocks and Farseers or kept cheap with Shuriken cannons!

Warp Spiders - These guys are great can jump around stay out of combat and take out tanks with their STR6 weapons. Remember you can use their packs in the assault phase to jump out of line of sight. Think on taking withdraw and surprise assault to allow them to deep strike and of they do get assaulted allow them to get away to shoot In your turn!

Wraithlord - The ultimate troll at T8 nothing much is going to hurt this fellow with two MC at 1000 points people are going to struggle the Wraithlord is one of my favourite models but will be restricted in his movement by wraithsight being only one seer unit on the board.

Units that I might suggest would with the avatar you're going footdar so a farseer it's required for footdar another Wraithlord or two maybe even a fire prism to get some high STR cheap weaponry on the board.

The main problem with your army is that everything's range bar 4 weapons is 12" range being Eldar you can close the gap but you might find that there won't be much left to make use of that 12" gap with your main snooty stuff only having a 5+ save which Bolters take care of easily.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode