1500 Iyanden List - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-13, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

They also kind of fit in with the theme of 2+ wounding weapons. (Wraithcannons, D-cannons, witchblades, etc.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-28-13, 11:20 PM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

I can this the other day against Necrons. Ghost Warriors against Ghosts in the Machines. I basically bounced his Str 7 all day with my T8.

Farseer Bel-Ananth 175
Warlocks x10 336
Destructor x6, Singing Spear x2, Enhance x1, Embolden x1

Jetbikes x3 w/ Warlock 132
Shuriken Cannon x1, Embolden x1, Spiritseer x1

Wraithlord 120
Shuriken Cannon x1, Flamer x2, Scatter Laser x1
Wraithlord 120
Wraithlord 120
Wraithlord 120
Wraithlord 120
Wraithlord 120
Wraithlord 120
Wraithlord 120

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-01-13, 02:29 AM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

8 Wraithlords? I hope you had all the models..

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-01-13, 03:29 AM
Autarch of Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew_holmes View Post
8 Wraithlords? I hope you had all the models..
I own 6, and borrowed 2. It was a fun game.

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Impressive!! Seems excessive, but awesome nevertheless.

You may have seen my Project Log coming along nicely, and I've had another look at expanding to 1500pts. The harlequins really caught my eye so I've tried to include them, I really think they also bring some close combat potential.

I'd also like to just stress that although I have no problem with other people using the forgeworld models, I personally prefer to steer clear of them. (So please take that into account when commenting!)

I've decided that two lots of 10 wraithguard is a bit over the top for only 1500, so I've cut down! Another pointer is that it isn't completely finished yet. I'm up to 1368pts so far. I've heard rumours that new Eldar will be soon(ish) so I've left it a bit open for the new flyer to get around the anti-air problem!

Eldrad Ulthran-210

10 Wraithguard w/Spiritseer, Conceal - 396
5 Pathfinders - 120

8 Harlequins w/ Shadowseer, Deathjester, 6 Kisses - 252

Wraithlord w/ Missile Launcher, Bright Lance - 145
Wraithlord w/ Missile Launcher, Wraithsword - 125
3 War Walkers w/ Shuriken Cannons - 120

So how about it?
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 05:30 PM
Autarch of Heresy

Please don't spend so many points on Conceal, either leave the Warlock Blank or give it Embolden for the Farseer. If you want to get in CC with the guard give them Enhance BUT ONLY IF< you have a model that grants them Hit and Run such as Baharoth or a Shas'EL or O.

For the cost of those pathfinders you can get two squads of Guardian Jetbikes that can move 48 in one turn. This would give you 3 troops and allow you to capture more objectives out of nowhere. Also your Average Guardian Jetbike is not afraid of fast moving or teleporting Flamers.

THe Harlies do not need the Death Jetster as he runs counter to what they want to do, most of the time they should be fleeting towards combat preventing the use of that gun. Give them a Troupe Maser and give him a Power Lance or something, otherwise just the SpiritSeer is enough.

The BL and EML wraithlord is expensive. He also does not have anyone to babysit him in the backfield. A scatter Laser and EML can take out most light to med vehicles, YOU DO NOT NEED the Lance as you have Wraithcannons which kill everything in equal measure regardless if its a AV 14 land raider or a T8 MC.

The Second Wraithlord doesn't know what he wants to do in life, I assume he will be following the Wraithguard but he still doesn't need the EML, a Scatter laser would work. Otherwise he is 50/50

With my recommendations you can put Scatter Lasers on all the walkers, otherwise they are ok but you will find they die pretty quickly at 24'.

Obviously I assume both the lords have Dual Flamers.

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately, I completely disagree with the Wraithlord comments. Those long range anti-tank weapons are absolutely essential. Admittedly, yes, the wraithcannons are pretty insane at anti-anything but they're only 12" range. It just isn't enough to be impacting the game early enough, and at targets that stay at longer range (whirlwinds, predators, basilisks, etc.) Maybe I will alter the one with the sword though. It will at least save some points and keep some of those long range weapons.

The Jetbike advice does show promise though. I think there are merits to both pathfinders and the bikes. Having sniper is so epic now for getting the powerfists/melta guys, etc. On the other hand, though, having the extra troop and manoeuvrability is appealing! Maybe I'll get both and change it each game!

As for the War Walkers, they are so cheap with only the cannons and I personally think that the AP5 is worth that extra risk.

You do make a good case regarding the warlock and death jester though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragewind View Post
I assume he will be following the Wraithguard
I was actually going to send him with the harlequins just to boost their survivability in terms of there being something larger and a more psychologically appealing target!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragewind View Post
Obviously I assume both the lords have Dual Flamers.
Why would you choose anything else?!?

Once again though, thanks for that advice. It's certainly given me a bit to think about!
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-04-13, 02:35 PM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

I agree with the jetbikes. I personally LOVE Pathfinders, and use them almost every match. However, your current army has a very "gunline" feel to it. Wraithbone is generally pretty sluggish when moving across the battlefield, so having the speed to capture/harass with jetbikes is glorious. Be careful with them. 3 Jetbikes is very squishy, so I usually run them in reserves.

I like the EML/BL Wraithlord, but I would agree with changing the Warwalkers to SLs, and perhaps the Sword/EML Wraithlord to Sword/SL or SC (save some points, since he will be moving up). Run him with the wraithguard for a counter-charge, and remove the Death Jester as Ragewind mentioned.

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-04-13, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks holmes

My objection really is based on the fact I already own a Saim-Hann-esque army which inherently contains many a jetbike. I'd really rather steer clear of that path just so that I can have something different and therefore widen the variety of my play.

Having said that though, they are obviously very good and would be an asset. They just aren't as appealing to me in this army.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-04-13, 08:44 PM

One quick thing conceal is incredibly good combined with invisability from eldrad or fortune.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode