15 guardians sh cann warlock embolden 155
gjb 66
gjb 66
gjb 66
3 walkers 2 sh canns 120
2 vibro cannons 100
2 vibro cannons 100
sky sheild landing pad 50
so the plan is the scorps outflank or infiltrate the spider jump up in suport the walkers also outflank the guardians shoot from the landing pad and camp objectives bikes jump oblectives last turn thoughts its 1999
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-17-12, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

what i really want is what id really struggle against
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 03:30 AM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by seermaster View Post
what i really want is what id really struggle against
Flyers, other than that Terminators, unless you got some good shots into them before you or they charged.

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 04:09 AM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Anything with armor higher than eleven?

I'd drop all the warlocks and get an Avatar. He makes them Fearless.
I'd try and squeeze some EMLs onto the Walkers.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 04:24 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

You would die hard to missile spam...
Also you dont have any mobile scoring so unless you annihilate his forces you lose in objective games.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
You would die hard to missile spam...
Also you dont have any mobile scoring so unless you annihilate his forces you lose in objective games.
I think that's what the Guardian Jetbikes are for. Not only that, they can contest most objectives because of their crazy 12"+36" moves. You are right, this is different.

"Atrocity is recognized as such by victim and predator alike, by all who learn about it at whatever remove. Atrocity has no excuses, no mitigating argument. Atrocity never balances or rectifies the past. Atrocity merely arms the future for more atrocity. It is self-perpetuating upon itself a barbarous form of incest. Whoever commits atrocity also commits those future atrocities thus bred."

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."

--Frank Herbert
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

If I drop the warlocks thats only 90 points so id need to find another 65 points for the for the avatar but I agree that is a good idea.
I dont play to many termies if I do there not in ten man units norm is 5 maybe seven but I think shooting from spiders plus asault from karandras scorps can hopfuly deal with them.
i could drop all my heavy for 2 wraithlords with eml bl thoughts .
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 05:10 PM
Rattlehead

Land Raider Crusaders would make you cry. A lot. Guardians are so short-ranged I don't think that a Skyshield is the way to go - if you plan on putting more than one squad on the Skyshield then it takes just one Manticore to remove a significant portion of army. Hell, a Valkyrie with Multiple Rocket Pods would cause many problems for the army. If you want campers for the Skyshield, go with Dire Avengers for the extra range and ability to Bladestorm if the enemy gets too close for comfort. I think the Biting Blade would help out the list, giving it some more anti-tank options (albeit very short-ranged).

I'd trade out Karandras, a squad of Scorpions and a Vibro-Cannon team for a Falcon, the Avatar, and a squad of Fire Dragons. That'd help significantly in the whole anti-tank department, although the Falcon would be a massive target on the first turn.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

well happily i dont play much guard or crusaders really if i did what you sugest i dont really think it would work all fire on thecfalcon and it goes bang the fire dragz subseqently dy the manticore wouldnt do to much damage with the 4up invun and scatteryoull only kill 5 ish guardians witch are fearless so also the guadians are slightly better than avengers in my opinions
what do you guys think of 3 wraithlords scatter
sh cann
t
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 06:05 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTKage View Post
I think that's what the Guardian Jetbikes are for. Not only that, they can contest most objectives because of their crazy 12"+36" moves. You are right, this is different.
Ahh ok so thats what GJB means... lol. I dont play Eldar, only against them, so I had no idea.

I agree with the fact that guardian range... sucks. Using them as a stand + Shoot unit doesnt work well. Yes, anyone withing 12 of that landing pad will die, but people can just ignore them if they want to, and if you spread them out then the other squads will die b/c weak. When I use my brothers Eldar (we sometimes switch armies because why not...) I normally put them on backward objectives and use DA as my forward assault troops (support of course by banshees and dragons, and the occasional scorpians).
In addition, if you outflank your Scorpians then there is the high chance they will get massacred. My brother tried that (w/ karandras) against me, and I took them out with Dev's. He even had cover...

Fire dragons are really good. You should use them. They have a 100% (not statistically but from experience) of blowing whatever vehicle they're shooting at (if its not a flier).

Scorpians are less good... Theyre only really good against heavy-light-infantry armies... And even then if they cant get into combat (or they kill the squad theyre assaulting) then they will die.

Sorry, why are the Guardians fearless?

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode