eldar 1500 points - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Default eldar 1500 points

i find it hard to write eldar lists since i been playing space wolves for a while but i wanted a change so bring out my old eldar army

so here it goes

farseer
spirt stone, guid, eldritch strom, ro warding
swap powers to divination might just go for the guid and then can drop eldritch storm and spirt stones farseer
bike, fortune, doom, sprit stone
thinking singing spear since they are unchaged unlike the witchblade plus gives me somthing to throw at tanks
4 warlocks
bike, enhance, embolden, 2 destructor
might be spending too many points in the HQ slot

10 fire dragons
wave serpent spirt stones, scx2

9 dire avengers
exarch shimmershild and power weapon or 2 x shuriken cat is shimmer then get defend if shuriken cat the bladestrom
farseer on foot goes here

10 warp spiders
could split to 2 units of 5

3 warwalkers
scatter lasers x6

so i know i still need anothe troop but i might go for 2 units of jet bikes with 3 in and reserve them
this is 1410 with out jet bikes but could move stuff around to fit 2 units in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-12, 12:26 AM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bognog View Post
i find it hard to write eldar lists since i been playing space wolves for a while but i wanted a change so bring out my old eldar army

so here it goes

farseer
spirt stone, guid, eldritch strom, ro warding
swap powers to divination might just go for the guid and then can drop eldritch storm and spirt stones

farseer -bike, fortune, doom, sprit stone
thinking singing spear since they are unchaged unlike the witchblade plus gives me somthing to throw at tanks
4 warlocks
bike, enhance, embolden, 2 destructor
might be spending too many points in the HQ slot
Good unit size, not overkill, and desctructor is awesome. Maybe take another one if points permit.
10 fire dragons
10 Fire Dragons is INSANELY overkill. Do you really need 10 melta shots at one target? Negative. drop to 5.

Spirit Stones on tanks aren't needed anymore. You only have a 1 in 6 chance of getting stunned, not worth the points.

9 dire avengers
exarch shimmershild and power weapon or 2 x shuriken cat is shimmer then get defend if shuriken cat the bladestrom
farseer on foot goes here

10 warp spiders
could split to 2 units of 5
I'd definitely split to 2 units here. Possibly give both exarchs with 2 DS and surprise assault - you can warp away even when you deep strike in.

3 warwalkers
scatter lasers x6

so i know i still need anothe troop but i might go for 2 units of jet bikes with 3 in and reserve them
this is 1410 with out jet bikes but could move stuff around to fit 2 units in
Jetbikes are great in 6th, definitely a good idea. However, I'd stick with foot infantry or jetbike infantry, not both. Consistency in an army is more effective, because if you have some jetbikes and some infanty in tanks, they can split their balanced fire very easily. If you have all the same, they will struggle.

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-12, 12:28 AM

Also, duplicate post FAIL!

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-12, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

am i spending too many point in HQ comes 460

yeah will reduce the unit to 5

thinking of getting rid of warp spiders and adding another 3 war walkers with scatter lasers

u kind of contradicted you self first u say get either foot or jetbike then u go on to say that if they diffrent then they can split there blanced fire easily if they all the same then they will struggle
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-12, 01:17 PM

No sir, maybe I was unclear in my description. It's the ENEMY's fire that I was talking about.

Example 1:

Dire Avengers in a serpent.
Unit of Jetbikes

The enemy can use their anti-tank on the serpent, and their anti-infantry on the jetbikes. (split their fire effectively)

Example 2:
3 units of jetbikes

The enemy's anti-tank has nothing to shoot at effectively. Sure it'll take out a single jetbike, but a 100+ point tank doesn't want to be shooting at a 22 point model.

Example 3:
3 units of Dire avengers/guardians in serpents

The enemy must use their anti-tank first, which if it isn't effective, makes their anti-infantry useless against your armor.

I love making balanced forces, but I have moved away from it - consistency is best when it comes to competitive play.

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode