need a list vs Blood angels 1750 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-12, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Default need a list vs Blood angels 1750

Hello guys, i need a list that can beat this bloodAngel list:

Some wierd HQ with a troop.
3x Jump pack troops with Champ (feel no pain)
2x furious Dread
2x Stormravens

what worry me is the fact that he will deepstrike close to me, the flyers will be hard to bring down, his troops with jump packs will get closer melta and asasault.

Any idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 12:06 AM

Take an ally that can provide you with a good flyer, or 3 if possible! I am not sure, but I think orc allies can allow you a fast attack choice of a squadron of fighta-bomerz. If allowed, take all 3 in the one unit allowed!

Lots of jetbikes w/shuriken cannons, warlock on jetbikes, and at least one jetbike-mounted farseer are good, given their mobility. An autarch on a jetbike with banshee mask, laser lance, and a reaper launcher- yes, a reaper launcher instead of the reliable fusion gun this time-would be useful. Similarly, 3 vypers at least, with EMLs and a chin shuriken cannon would be useful. With remaining points, get as many wraithlords as possible, with EMLs as well. Then, if any points at all remain, get more jetbikes!

Last edited by big rob; 08-31-12 at 04:44 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Was thinking to take Dark eldar as allies:

1 Archon with agona + sf + combat drugs + armor
8 Witchs + raider
1 ravager

With:

eldrad
Farseer stone RoW guide fortuna
8 DA + WS SC EML
8 DA + WS SC EML
Wraithlorad x 2 (EML BL)
Warwalker x 3 (SCx2)

¿What do you think guys?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 07:08 AM

you said he would deep strike close to you there fore he auto loses unless the dreads are on the table in witch case you just have to kill them turn 1 and you win
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 03:57 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I would imagine that the guy deploys two assault squads and the rest of the army is in storm ravens...which is illegal I think. If I read the rules on reserves correctly, you total the number of units in the army excluding dedicated transports and units which have to be held in reserve (like his SR's) and half of that number MUST be deployed on the table. He's looking at deploying 2/7 units on the table, which is way less that half rounding up. That's where you should start countering his army.

In other terms, firepower. This guy doesn't have much on the table at this point range so you need to shoot shoot before he gets in to CC. If you have units that can infiltrate and get wicked cover saves get them on tops of ruins harassing assault squads. Be sure to shoot at the same unit until you take it down.

Two furiosos and what I assume to be death company with a reclusiarch is intense. The benefit to them being in a flier is that the turn they arrive they have to be zooming. Blow that stormraven up before it deploys them. If I'm right in the way I've read the reserves, he can still put both dreads in them and the DC and Rec. in either. Go after the one with the DC in it. My bud and I both run SR's and it's basically a show of who actually gets them on the table. Units that can skyfire, or even just mauling it with S6+ shots can glance it out and utterly destroy everything inside.

Hope there's something in there you can take and use! That's a pretty angry BA list.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 07:44 PM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

Echoing Bigrob, it looks like mobility will be your friend (as always). Try to stay away from combatting them, as Eldar generally get butt-fucked against blood angels of any sort. Storm ravens are a disadvantage if he has them both filled, since first turn they are flying.. second turn they disembark, and 3rd turn he can charge. that gives you a lot of shooting opportunity. The Aegis is gold for taking down fliers, unless you want to wield a Nightwing/ally. Wraithlords, vypers, jetbikes, farseers, maybe a fire prism or 2, and you should be fine. Target units to death (or less than 3-4 models) that way you won't get rolled in combat, and stay moving away from the ones you aren't targetting.

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 08:35 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Stormravens are assault vehicles, he can assault on the turn he disembarks.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 09:05 PM
Rattlehead

2 Flyers aren't hard to bring down, even without Skyfire: if you throw enough shots into them, they go away. Pulse Lasers, Shuriken Cannons and Scatter Lasers are your friends. Take a Farseer with Divination to get re-rolls to hit, which is a useful thing when bringing down Flyers, and then pelt them with all the high rate of fire and mid to high strength guns you have. You can try and glance to death with Scatter Lasers and Shuriken Cannons with re-rolls to hit (whether through Prescience or Twin-Linking), or go for a more disable-and/or-explode route with Pulse Lasers.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-01-12, 02:05 AM

ew_holmes's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Stormravens are assault vehicles, he can assault on the turn he disembarks.
Good to know!

DAMN YOU, DICE GODS!
V

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-01-12, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

question:

The turn he enter from reserve he can disembark but can't assault right? like all deepstrike models, they can run or shoot but can't assault first turn. This is correct even if it is a Stormraven?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode