2k Tourney List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-12, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
5thHorseman's Flag is: USA

2k Tourney List

Looking for some advice on this list trying to find a good competitive list for games at the local store. It looks like a terrible 2's list as i seem to have constructed mirror units.

HQ- Eldrad (powers tbd) can't seem to keep this guy out of my lists, guess im an addict...moving on

Troops
9 DA, Exarch, DSC, Bladestorm
3 Guardian Jetbikes, WL Destructor, SS

Elites
10 FD
10 FD

FA
Nightwing
Nightwing

HS
3 War Walkers (1 with scat laser and star cannon rest rocking scatter lasers)
3 War Walkers all running scatter lasers
5 dark reapers

Fortification
Ageis with the las upgrade

My main concerns are how footdary it is and that at least to me jet bikes seem to be a more viable troop choice in 6th and i don't have that much experience with them. I'm definitely more used to DA/WS lists. Also forgeworld additions are mostly ok with the group i play with at the store so hopefully that trend continues. Any way greatly appreciate any comments, concerns or tweaks.

Oh points come out to 1998 after everything is said and done.

Cheers! and thanks again

Last edited by 5thHorseman; 07-12-12 at 06:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-12, 11:27 PM
Autarch of Heresy

Ragewind's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thHorseman View Post
Looking for some advice on this list trying to find a good competitive list for games at the local store. It looks like a terrible 2's list as i seem to have constructed mirror units.

HQ- Eldrad (powers tbd) can't seem to keep this guy out of my lists, guess im an addict...moving on

Troops

Elites
10 FD
10 FD

FA
Nightwing
Nightwing

HS
3 War Walkers (1 with scat laser and star cannon rest rocking scatter lasers)
3 War Walkers all running scatter lasers
5 dark reapers

Fortification
Ageis with the las upgrade

My main concerns are how footdary it is and that at least to me jet bikes seem to be a more viable troop choice in 6th and i don't have that much experience with them. I'm definitely more used to DA/WS lists. Also forgeworld additions are mostly ok with the group i play with at the store so hopefully that trend continues. Any way greatly appreciate any comments, concerns or tweaks.

Oh points come out to 1998 after everything is said and done.

Cheers! and thanks again
Ironically enough I just won a local tounry with the following. It beat out a 6 Nightscyth List and Grey Knights with Allied IG which were by far the "strongest" lists I played against.

2k points obviously

Farseer Any Power (20), Runes of Warding, Spear 93 (roll on strategic Warlord Trait)
Farseer Any Power (20), Runes of Warding, Spear 93
Vibro Cannon x1 w/ Warlock w/ Spear 78
Vibro Cannon x1 w/ Warlock w/ Spear 78
Vibro Cannon x1 w/ Warlock 75
Guardian jetbike x3 66
Guardian jetbike x3 66
Guardian jetbike x3 66
DIre Avengers x5 60
Fortress of Redmeption w/ Heavy Bolters x4 260

Allies Dark Eldar
Void Raven Bomber 145
RazorWing Jetfighter w/ Cannon 155
Heamo x1 50
Heamo x1 50
Warriors x5 w/ Vennom+Cannon 110

You'll notice that you're list has little to nothing to handle this, the handful of vehicles you have will have their hull points stripped by the Vibro cannons and the venoms+Heavy bolters will eat your troops. You cannot even effectively hide the Jetbikes since the Vibro Cannons ignore LOS, and the Fragstorm Missiles are Barrage. I also have 7 mobile and >tiny< troops that can be easily hid. If you are looking for something competitive while keeping your units I would recommend...

Dark Reapers-
These guys are fine, but they will be rocking when you get them a 75 point Bastion that will allow them to live forever. You don't need the exarch unless you want the Tempest Launcher. Ideally for the points you are paying for them you could have a "more effective" Heavy Slot like 3 D-Cannons or a Falcon w/ Brightlance for Eldrad.

War Walkers w/ Scatters x6-
This is okay

War Walkers w/ Scatters x5 and 1 Star Cannon-
No, do not mix weapons, give him another Scatter or if you must have the AP 2, lose a Walker and give them all Star Cannons

Night Wings-
These are fine but you only have 2, since I have 8+ ways to handle your flyers (and Land Raiders lulz) they wouldn't last long, at bare minimum most armies will have 1-2 ways to shoot a flyer, others (like necrons) can have 8+. Also as a really mobile component to your list they will be targeted first. I would recommend either allying in some other flyers or scrapping these and grabbing some Fortifications.

Jetbikes-
Don't give them a Warlock unless he just has a Spear. Getitng to within 8, or closer for maximum coverage on the flamer, is dealy to them, you want to sit at range or hide them and score last turn.

Dire Avengers-
Pretty Standard but they really need a tank to have some resilience and movement. (unless the Nightwings has a transport capacity, i forgot...even if they do you will need to hover in order to disembark, otherwise you are stuck in the air, and hovering makes you even easier to kill)

Eldrad-
Hes expensive, but 3 powers a turn are nice. However 2 Farseers with Fortune and Runes of warding still get you 2 Fortunes a turn and make enemy casters roll 4d6 for powers for like 30 points less.

Ageis defense line-
isn't really the best choice IMO, get a Bastion with a Quad gun or for your list 1 Fortress will work even better giving you a way to hide your troops/

All in all your list feels like its trying to do too many things, with no speed or resiliency. Eldar have crappy troops, this is a universal truth, this means you need to ally in someone who doesn't have crappy troops. I choose DE since I needed ways to kill infantry and having 10+ Splinter Cannons is a nice way to do it I went for it. You need some Melta teams so someone like IG or Space Marines would be best, for the Space marines take TAC squads with Drop Pods TBH. For IG just platoon up, the points you spent on those DA's and the Jetbike Warlocks could go to better use.

The Eldar, more than any other army, should not only look at the output of each unit individually, but the synergy of multiple units together and their role in the force as a whole. - Fable

Last edited by Ragewind; 07-12-12 at 11:47 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
5thHorseman's Flag is: USA

WOW...I am admittedly humbled... first thank you for taking the time to reply and dissect my list. Also several friends and I took a close look at your list and have decided you’re an evil genius. I certainly have a lot more reading to do than I thought I did. Thank you again.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 08:23 AM

The 6 Vibrocannon list is hilarious, especially at the very start of 6th with people playing more 5th orientated lists. It will wreck faces. I don't think you even need to choose Dark Eldar as you allies as people just blunder around from their wrecked Land Raiders.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode