First 2000 pt Dark Elf/Friendly Game - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-11, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

Default First 2000 pt Dark Elf/Friendly Game

I am playing against my buddy's WoC army, it's a friendly game, but I want to show him what my "bird bones" are made of.

LORDS
Supreme Sorceress - 370 pts
General
Lv 4 Shadow
Dark Pegasus
Darkstar Cloak
Pendant of Khaeleth

HEROES
Sorceress - 180
Lv 2 Metal
Tome of Furion
Seal of Ghrond

Master - 196
BSB Hydra Banner
Beastmaster Scourge
Shield
Heavy Armor
Sea Dragon Cloak

CORE
11x RXB's - 126
Muscian
Shields

34x Warriors - 263
FC
Shields
Magic Standard/Banner of Eternal Flame

25x Corsairs - 300
AHW
FC
SSS

SPECIAL
7x COK's - 189

RARE
Hydra - 175
2x RBT - 200

Army total: 1999

Notes: Lv 2 will be with RxB's and BSB will be with Warriors. I'm using Eternal Flame because he likes to give his guys regen buff.
Also, I was just thinking of dropping the CoK's since they tend to become stupid when I need them...adding a chariot and shades. In the games I have played so far, 5 Shades have been my best unit.
I could proxy another Hydra, but I dont want to be a dick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-11, 06:27 AM

First giving hydra banner to a warrior block isn't a very good idea. You will end up getting 4 extra attacks from warriors and 1 from bsb but you will have a vulnerable BSB.
Either give him a cold one and add to the CoK or give him magical items and drop hydra banner. (armor of darkness+dawnstone or eternal servitude+dragonbane gem+magical weapon)

Your caster lord is solid but I'm not sure if you need a flying caster for shadow as the spells already have a long range. A shadow-caster can be located in a bunker with sacrificial dagger I guess.

If you are against WoC I would suggest taking a couple of assasins (touch of death,rune of khaine,black lotus) with additional handweapon. WoC characters and champions can't refuse a challenge. (In fact I use them with cauldron of blood BSB as assasins are khainite and become stubborn when within 12' of CoB and with a rerollable LD10 this guy can keep a unit for 2-3 rounds of combat or more depending on the number of characters in that unit.Then you can give him 5+ward and with WS10 he might endure for another round--there is a slight possibility of him to break the enemy if 2-3 killing blows occur against a lord or hero)

Shades won't do much good against WoC. But against most other they are golden.

I would drop bolt throwers as they usually don't earn their points back. You can spent those 200 pts for something better. (assasins and a couple more spearmen maybe)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-11, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalcon View Post
I am playing against my buddy's WoC army, it's a friendly game, but I want to show him what my "bird bones" are made of.

LORDS
Supreme Sorceress - 370 pts
General
Lv 4 Shadow
Dark Pegasus
Darkstar Cloak
Pendant of Khaeleth
Good lord, keep as is, although you might consider running her on foot in this low a points game.

Quote:
HEROES
Sorceress - 180
Lv 2 Metal
Tome of Furion
Seal of Ghrond
You don't need a level 2 in a 2000 point game. Save it for 2500 and above.

Quote:
Master - 196
BSB Hydra Banner
Beastmaster Scourge
Shield
Heavy Armor
Sea Dragon Cloak
It's a good idea never to take magical BSB's. Switch this out for a cauldron BSB if possible.

Quote:
CORE
11x RXB's - 126
Muscian
Shields
Resize to 10 because uneven numbers annoy me.

Quote:
34x Warriors - 263
FC
Shields
Magic Standard/Banner of Eternal Flame
A decent block, but keep in mind, RXB are the best core.

Quote:
25x Corsairs - 300
AHW
FC
SSS
Usually pretty decent. Same as above.

Quote:
SPECIAL
7x COK's - 189
Take 6 with musician, and only take them if you have the Cauldron. It's what makes them worthwhile.

[quote]RARE
Hydra - 175
2x RBT - 200 [quote]
Switch 2 RBT's for another Hydra. RBT's are pretty useless now.

Quote:
Notes: Lv 2 will be with RxB's and BSB will be with Warriors. I'm using Eternal Flame because he likes to give his guys regen buff.
Also, I was just thinking of dropping the CoK's since they tend to become stupid when I need them...adding a chariot and shades. In the games I have played so far, 5 Shades have been my best unit.
I could proxy another Hydra, but I dont want to be a dick.
If you don't have the models for another Hydra, don't use him. 5 shades would be good, but you can cut fat in other places. Just make sure if you use CoK's, you use the Cauldron. It can make back it's points with a single boost on the charge sometimes.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Dark Elves Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode