Dark Elves 2000 all comers list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-07-13, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Default Dark Elves 2000 all comers list

Recently started playing Warhammer fantasy with a couple of friends and i am trying to make a list with no serious drawbacks. We have a kind of league system going on where we must make one army roaster which will be used once against every opponent for one game. I will encouter almost any army, and will not know for certain what they will bring.

We are playing 2000 points atm:

Dark Elves 2000 points

LORDS

Supreme Sorceress (Lore of Metal)
-level 4 wizard, sacrificial dagger, seal of ghrond, life taker = 345

HEROES

Death Hag
-BSB, cauldron of blood = 225

Sorceress (Lore of Death)
-level 2 wizard, tome of furion, pendant of kaeleth, dark pegasus = 235

CORE

18 Warriors
-musician = 111

20 RxB
-shields, musician = 225

16 RxB
-musician = 165

SPECIAL

20 Black Guards
-standard bearer, banner of murder = 299

13 Witch Elves
-musician = 135

5 Shades
-additional hand weapon = 85

RARE

War Hydra = 175

Against most armies my plan is to play defencively and thin them out as much as possible before close combat.

Any feedback/advice will be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 05:30 PM

LordofFenris's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodelf View Post
Recently started playing Warhammer fantasy with a couple of friends and i am trying to make a list with no serious drawbacks. We have a kind of league system going on where we must make one army roaster which will be used once against every opponent for one game. I will encouter almost any army, and will not know for certain what they will bring.

We are playing 2000 points atm:

Dark Elves 2000 points

LORDS

Supreme Sorceress (Lore of Metal)
-level 4 wizard, sacrificial dagger, seal of ghrond, life taker = 345

Your Supreme really needs a ward save. If alone for the only reason of avoiding Miscast damage. Also, consider Lore of Shadow. Mindrazor is key, as is Pit of Shades. I noticed a Sac dagger, which is a very common, if unfriendly item. Be careful placing her with the Spearmen (which is the only unit she should be in). At such a low number, you can risk Panic on yourself is sac enough to equal 25% casualties.

HEROES

Death Hag
-BSB, cauldron of blood = 225
Solid model, but be careful of outpacing yourself and letting your army get too far ahead of the BSB.

Sorceress (Lore of Death)
-level 2 wizard, tome of furion, pendant of kaeleth, dark pegasus = 235
The only time I use a second caster is if I run a Dreadlord on a dragon. These get quite expensive, and taking a Master instead as your BSB frees up having a HUGE target in a BSB equipped Cauldron Hag.

CORE

18 Warriors
-musician = 111
You need more models if you plan on using the Sac Dagger on this unt. You also need a Banner.

20 RxB
-shields, musician = 225

16 RxB
-musician = 165
I would use these models and points to flush out the warriors/shades

SPECIAL

20 Black Guards
-standard bearer, banner of murder = 299
I really like these guys, and want them to perform well, but they generally are not worth their points. I would suggest dropping them, adding two Bolt Throwers and rolling the remaining points in the Witch Elves, they benefit the best from the Caulron

13 Witch Elves
-musician = 135
These need full command.

5 Shades
-additional hand weapon = 85

RARE

War Hydra = 175
I am skeptical of taking a single Hydra, particularly since you don't know if there are cannons incoming or not.

Against most armies my plan is to play defencively and thin them out as much as possible before close combat.
This will be done with greater firepower. More Shades and Bolt Throwers will do that. As will getting off Pit of Shades.

Any feedback/advice will be appreciated
Overall, you are heading in the right direction. You need full command on your hard hitting units. Due to your T3, you will receive mass casualties if you do not break your enemy in the first round. The only way to win will be through combat res. Banners are a must. You also want a BSB that can hold his own in a combat and add the +1 BSB bonus in combat. Your only way to stay defensive and pick people off, is by having better shooting, better magic, and the ability to outflank your opponents when they close. There are plenty of armies that are just as fast as DE: Ogre Kingdoms, High Elves, Skaven, Warriors of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos, Brettonians, pretty much any list thats heavy on cav and chariots or war beasts. This means a turn or two of shooting before charges start to happen. When that does, you need to have deep rank and file, with as much command as possible.

"Take a moment, please. Ponder the depths of your insignificance."

"It would be disappointing if you were unable to overcome this simplest of defenses. Hilarious, but disappointing."

Crimson Fists (C:SM)
Necrons
Khorne Daemonkin

Other
WARMAHORDES (Skorne, Blindwater Congregation, Retribution of Scyrah)
DROPZONE COMMANDER (PHR)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Dark Elves Army Lists

Tags
2000 points , allcomers , armylist , darkelves , fantasy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode