1500 pt Competitive - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Default 1500 pt Competitive

Im still rather new to dark eldar (Never used them on the table yet) But I am a very experience Tau player, so I'm just transfering my thinking from an effective Tau list into an effective DE list, but keeping the same general stratgies. This is one of my least favorite lists that I've made, I'll be posting the others to see what you think.

HQ: Drazhar 230

Elites: 9 Incubi 313
w/ Klaivex; DemiKlaivex, Murderous Assault
w/ Raider; Flicker Field

Troops: 10 Kabalite Warrior 170
w/ Raider; Flicker Field, Splinter Rack

Troops: 5 Wyches 130
w/ Shardnet, Hekatrix, Venom Blade
w/ Venom

Troops: 5 Wyches 130
w/ Shardnet, Hekatrix, Venom Blade
w/ Venom

Fast Attack: 3 Reavers 98
w/ Heat Lance, Caltrops

Fast Attack: 3 Reavers 88
w/ Heat Lance, Grav-Talon

Total: 1499 pts

Strategy: Camp the Warriors in the boats, keeping them mobile and semi protected. With the Splinter Rack, I have a much greater ability to hit with the Rapid Fire 4+ Poison. Use Drazhar in the squad with the Incubi and target the enemy front line/HQ to create a large threat. Use the Wyches in Vemons to disallow enemy units from assault the Raiders with the Warriors.

Im still rather new to dark eldar (Never used them on the table yet) But I am a very experience Tau player, so I'm just transfering my thinking from an effective Tau list into an effective DE list, but keeping the same stratgies. This is one of my least favorite lists that I've made, I'll be posting the others to see what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 09:33 PM

Drazhar is kind of meh.
This is not because he is a bad character or anything, but because the unit he is supposed to accompany, a large unit of Incubi, is meh. Incubi are best in small groups, so they can run in a laughter some MEQs, hopefully get stuck in for a turn, the finish the unit off.

Klaivexes too are meh, this time both because the model itself is meh, and because he + onslaught + 8 other incubi is major overkill on anything but TH/SS Termis, or Paladins, which will both immediately turn around and slaughter the Incubi.

Kabalite Warriors NEED special weapons. A splintercannon does more damage than the splinter raks for the same price, and blasters are just important to have in general. That is the ideal set-up for 10 man squads.

5 Wyches are very underwhelming, and will be slaughtered by anything better than guardsmen, even with the charge. You'll want at least 7 so that you can at least tarpit for a while, and if you slap an agonizer on the Hekatrix, you can even take on unit of meq.

Ravagers are a must in any list, with 3 being the most common by the time you hit 1500 points. Also consider scourges with Haywire Blasters, and maybe even Hellions with Sathonyx so that you can take on Imperial Guard armies (which there will be in droves in tournies).

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-11, 12:06 AM

The Condemned's Flag is: Australia

No Ravagers = not a very solid list. You mentioned that this was your least favourite list. I'm curious to see what your favourite is because then we could actually work with something you like. Another thing; Dark Eldar are a completely different army to every army out there. You cannot bring your Tau mentality into the army just as I can't bring my Chaos Space Marines mentality into it. Dark Eldar are an aggressive, fast paced army and one that only Craftworld Eldar players may feel a mild resemblance to.

Going with what Chief said would be best for this list, but then I really suggest you just post one of the lists you actually like instead and we'll work with that.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-11, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Why are ravagers so important? Just for the anti vehicle aspect? And my favor list as follows(keep in mind I've never played a match with this army, just going on what I think works):

Haemonculus Ancient; Shattershard, Vemon Blade(Replace CCW), Agoniser(Replace Splinter Pistol), WWP 135pts

4 Wracks; Acothyst, Agoniser 125pts
w/ Vemon

Haemonculus; Scissorhand, Vemon Blade (Replace CCW), WWP 105pts

4 Grotesques; Aberration, Scissorhand 230pts
w/ Raider; Shock Prow, Flicker Field

Baron Sathonyx 105pts

10 Hellions; Helliarch, Stun Claw, Splinter Pistol 175pts

10 Hellion; Helliarch 170pts

10 Hellion; Helliarch 170pts

Talos Pain Engine; Chain Flails, CCW, TL HWB 130pts

Talos Pain Engine; Chain Flails, CCW 125

Its a 1500pts army. I still have a couple points to spend it in. But yeah. Haemonculus use vehicles to get into place quickly. Drop the WWPs on both flanks and have Hellions sweep up middle, while and talos choice the most effect route (which portal to use) and funnel the enemy.

I also have a 2500 Baron/Duke list I think would work rather well.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-11, 01:30 AM

For 35 points per Lance, all fees included, they are by far the cheapest lance platform in the dex. Add to this that they can move 12" and still fire everything, and the Dark Eldar's overall lack of anti-tank, and you've got your mandantory HS choice.

As for the list, Hellions are best run as one big squad, to take advantage of the Baron's bonuses. You need a more mixed and balanced army, inducting multiple unit types (wyches, kabalite warriors, hellions, scourges, etc.), to have a truely solid and competitive Dark Eldar army.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-11, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Hmm... I'll write another list and see what you think about it. Ive been reading the tactics on the other forum page. Ill post it in a couple minutes.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-11, 02:11 PM

Karnax's Flag is: England

In that second list, there is no point in having a VB and agoniser on the same guy when a VB and PW do the same thing for 10 pts less. Do this and you can give the venom 2 SCs.

Sometimes i wonder 'Why is that frisbee getting bigger?', and then it hits me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
If the Imperium found us as we are now, they'd probably declare exterminatus on us purely because of Justin Bieber. Wouldn't want that taint to spread any further than one planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
The Imperium is crumbling because they're getting attacked from all angles. Why did the Eldar empire crumble? Because they got bored.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 09:11 PM

That's not how close combat weapons work.
You would have to choose either the Venom Blade, or the PW.

Frankly, neither loadout makes any sense though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode