1500pt DE for Tourney - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Timesplitter's Flag is: USA

Default 1500pt DE for Tourney

I'm unsure if I want to take my Daemons or my DE to next months tourney (depends on if I can get all my venoms built by June 11th). C&C welcome.

HQ:
Duke Sliscus - 150

Elite:
4x Trueborn - 133 (Duke runs with them)
- 2x Splinter Cannons
- Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

3x Trueborn - 146
- 3x Blasters
- Venomw/ Splinter Cannon

Troops:
5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

Heavy Support:
Ravager - 115
- FF

Ravager - 115
- FF

Voidraven Bomber -215
- FF
- 2x Necrotoxin (For pinning)
- 1x Shatterfield
- 1x Implosion

Total: 1499

Very mobile and a lot of anti-tank. I'm still not sold on Voindraven, but in the 4-5 games so far it has performed fairly. Many have difference of opinions on the missles to take with it, I personally like the Necrotoxin missles for pinning. I'm used to fielding IG with Gryphon and a motar team, and being able to control an opponents unit is a large advantage.

Other then that, pretty straight forward list, pop transports with Blasters and Ravagers (Voidraven as well if no infantry on the table), while the Venoms and Dukes squad and Voidraven take out the infantry. Going to play this current build a few times and since I have about a month, I can get playing time in with any tweaks made.

Cheers!

If you have any questions about:
Infantry IG
Daemons
Eldar
Dark Eldar

Feel free to PM me and I will try to answer your question as best as I can

"Where once was one, now there is two
Where once was pink, now there is blue"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 05:39 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

its not a bad list, not a bad list atall.

with one issue: getting all those f'ing blasters for WYSIWYG

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 11:27 AM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesplitter View Post
I'm unsure if I want to take my Daemons or my DE to next months tourney (depends on if I can get all my venoms built by June 11th). C&C welcome.

HQ:
Duke Sliscus - 150
Solid choice, as you may know.
Elite:
4x Trueborn - 133 (Duke runs with them)
- 2x Splinter Cannons
Excellent.

3x Trueborn - 146
- 3x Blasters
- Venomw/ Splinter Cannon
Could use an extra guy. Otherwise, perfectly fine.
Troops:
5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

5x Warriors -125
- Blaster

5x Warriors -125
- Blaster
Consistency and redundancy is key, so how can you not love this setup? Simple, you can't.
Heavy Support:
Ravager - 115
- FF

Ravager - 115
- FF
Pretty good.
Voidraven Bomber -215
- FF
- 2x Necrotoxin (For pinning)
- 1x Shatterfield
- 1x Implosion
The way I see it, this is your main weakness. The bomber sucks up waaay too many points for my liking, and the need for it's missiles seems less significant when you go for a shitload of venoms. My suggestion? Replace it with a ravager. Then, drop all the FF's from the ravagers and Voíla! You can now have another unit of 5 warriors in a venom.
Reason is this, the ravagers don't really need the FF. In any game where there is a proper amount of terrain the ravagers should be placed so that there is only 1 enemy unit who can shoot at them, without giving them a cover save: And that is the ravagers soon-to-be-dead target. At least, that's how I play.
Remember you can use your own venoms as mobile cover for your ravagers, so it isn't that hard to achieve.

Total: 1499

Very mobile and a lot of anti-tank. I'm still not sold on Voindraven, but in the 4-5 games so far it has performed fairly. Many have difference of opinions on the missles to take with it, I personally like the Necrotoxin missles for pinning. I'm used to fielding IG with Gryphon and a motar team, and being able to control an opponents unit is a large advantage.

Other then that, pretty straight forward list, pop transports with Blasters and Ravagers (Voidraven as well if no infantry on the table), while the Venoms and Dukes squad and Voidraven take out the infantry. Going to play this current build a few times and since I have about a month, I can get playing time in with any tweaks made.

Cheers!
Hope it's any help. But really, taking my advice or not doesn't take away the fact that you have a solid list.
Good gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I was trying to play around with how to get rid of the void bomber, but your suggestion works perfectly. I'll try out both combinations and see how things go. I just have to work on my positioning of my tanks, too used to Elder tanks so I tend to be stupid with my DE tanks

Infantry IG
Daemons
Eldar
Dark Eldar

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesplitter View Post
Thanks for the advice. I was trying to play around with how to get rid of the void bomber, but your suggestion works perfectly. I'll try out both combinations and see how things go. I just have to work on my positioning of my tanks, too used to Elder tanks so I tend to be stupid with my DE tanks
yeah anyone who doesnt play DE from the get go has that issue.

I, personally, like the void raven, but i wouldnt use it until 2.5k games as 3 ravagers is just too nice to pass up.

My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 11:43 PM

AndyM's Flag is: England

I like the list.

I only just realised it's quite similar to the 1500pt tourney list I posted earlier as well. In that I've gone for a Razorwing and 3 bigger troop units but I really like your 5-man Venom squads for versatility with objectives.

When I was considering this for mine I was a bit worried about the 5 man squads being a bit thin if the venom gets popped. What do you think?

One observation for your list is that, as a tournament list, it seems a bit light on CC. In the games I play combat inevitably kicks off at some point in most games so I try to plan in a bit of cover for that.

I'd be interested to see how this fairs against a shooting army like the Tau. Although arguably outgunned I think the tactical advantage of lots of skimmers might work pretty well if you can get the splinter rifles/cannons in amongst their ranks.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-11, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Tau and static IG are the 2 armies I do kind of fear. On the plus side, I get to face both of those armies many time before the tourney, since both play at one of my LGS and both usually end up in the top 5 or 10, so if I can find a way to deal with them, I'll be set. I was going to try a few different things. 1. Deep strike my army in, or 2. Stay outside of 30 inches to hinder the firewarriors if they are footslogging (with all the venoms I get many shots over 30 inches) or if they are in devilfish, just try to pop as many as i can with blasters, then kill what comes out before i can get rapid fired... that str 5 scares me.

Same with the static IG.... the guy who usually places very well in the tournies, as well as in 'Ard Boys and other GW tournies scares me with his like... 25 heavy weapon teams and over 150 guards men. But I'll let you know how my games against them go leading up to the tourney.

I don't really like CC with this style list, since it is all about being mobil and putting CC into the list will slow it down. I usually can pump out so many shots and move so fast that I should be able to avoid CC. If my warriors are getting engaged in combat, that means I'm losing all my venoms and the game. Though when I push the list to 2k, I do like to add a big squad of beastmasters due their speed and awsome killy powers

Cheers!

Infantry IG
Daemons
Eldar
Dark Eldar

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-11, 07:40 AM

i would put a squad of wytches, or two. for 2k timesplitter. more as hold up units and to be your 'backup' units for CC.

My armies.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-11, 02:55 PM

Mortalis's Flag is: USA

I have found personally that I cant run a pure warrior squad DE army, got to have my wyches for sure. But I like the list good luck with the tourney let us know how things go.

Mortalis

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't"

-- General George S. Patton

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 04:11 PM

i dont get the point of takeing sliscus in this army tbh, he makes drugs better but you dont have wytches and it makes 2 splinter cannons wound on 3+ for the same price of buying another venom with 2xcannons trueborns
the deep strike is the only thing different he bring to the game but you are so fast that entering from the board edge is not really that different imo
dropping him+voidraven+FFs for hemo+ravager buy you 230 points for more shooty goodness or a couple of wytches raiders (you'll need to drop something else for those but you got the point)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Dark Eldar Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode